Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Default Deutsche bahn caught spying on employees

Ooops. Seems that Deutsche bahn, Germany's rail network, has been caught doing it's big brother routine. Can't wait to see what all the NWO conspiracy buffs have to say about this one.

(from dw-world.de)

Corruption | 10.02.2009
    Deutsche Bahn Spying Scandal Grows

Gro▀ansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: Deutsche Bahn has admitted to snooping on its employeesThe surveillance scandal surrounding Germany's Deutsche Bahn rail company keeps on growing. A new report says the firm repeatedly spied on nearly all its employees over the course of eight years.

The report, which commissioned by the company itself and which was presented to the Bundestag on Tuesday, February 10, revealed that employees' bank data was compared with customer information on more occasions than previously thought.

The first such surveillance operation was carried out in 1998 and continued though 2006. In 2002-2003, company investigators had obtained the names, home addresses and bank account numbers of 173,000 out of 220,000 Bahn employees.

Deutsche Bahn has said the investigations were aimed at uncovering corruption, but the surveillance actions did not yield any evidence on wrongdoing.

The report said that not only employees, but 800 executives were secretly checked up on.

Germany is known for its strict data-protection and personal-privacy restrictions, so news of Deutsche Bahn's extended surveillance campaign has not gone down well at all.

CEO's future in doubt

Bildunterschrift: Gro▀ansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: Not just managers were subject to spying
    Last week Deutsche Bahn CEO Hartmut Mehdorn issued a rare apology over the spying scandal.

But the words of contrition have not been enough. Despite the report, some government officials feel that Mehdorn and his company have yet to give a full accounting of their surveillance practices.

"I am not satisfied with Hartmut Mehdorn's account," German Transportation Minister Wolfgang Tiefensee said Tuesday. "He raises more questions than he answers."

And some in the opposition are saying that Mehdorn has to go.

"Apparently Mehdorn and company don't take the politicians seriously, or they would be coming out with these serial revelations," Dorothee Menzner, transport spokeswoman for the Left Party, told the DPA news agency.

"How long do Chancellor Merkel and Deputy Chancellor Steinmeier want to stand by Mehdorn?" she added. "His resignation can no longer be put off."

The German parliament is set to debate the report on Wednesday.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post

Deutsche Bahn has said the investigations were aimed at uncovering corruption, but the surveillance actions did not yield any evidence on wrongdoing.
    I'm sorry but aren't there better places to look for corruption rather than a train company?!
    they should check policticians and the police forces 1st, not a bunch of train drivers. i actually thought that they'd been spying using c.c.t.v. camera's when i first saw this thread which knowing the germans were placed in the toilets so they could be sold on later to internet pervs...lol
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Unchained
    Last Online

11.01.15 @ 04:47 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    I'm sorry but aren't there better places to look for corruption rather than a train company?!l
    I live in Chicago. I'll pretend I didn't hear that .

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Those Deutsche bahn douche bags!

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Sure...swing at the low hanging fruit.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just the tip of the iceberg. Couple of other big corps in Germany are being investigated.

The point, though, is that Germany is not a particularly high surveillance country. The UK has cameras everywhere and you can bet that quite a few companies there will be pulled up over this sort of thing very soon.

I think that the background checks and piss tests that some companies were doing will now be dragged through the dirt. People are starting to wake up a little bit with regards to this privacy issue. We're suddenly realising that, actually, it is not OK that these people have this much info about us.

We'll see.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Sure...swing at the low hanging fruit.

hey! they're not often "teed up" like that, and you would have taken the swing if you had gotten here first

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[IMG][/IMG]

SCHUUUUUULLLLLTZZZ!!!!!
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300