Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default Missing Florida 5 year old, father's girlfriend now a suspect

I hesitated to post the story of Haleigh Cummings, a 5 year old girl who went missing a little over a week ago, because of the Caylee Anthony story. But now, with new information coming to light, it appears this girl may have been the victim of the father's girlfriend...who is only 17!

Girlfriend Under Investigation In Haleigh Case

http://www.wftv.com/news/18738704/detail.html

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Eyewitness News discovered that the Putnam County Sheriff's Office is investigating Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, who claimed that she was at home and sleeping when Haleigh Cummings was taken. But a tip puts the spot light on the 17-year-old girlfriend.

The most recent information investigators got was that Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, Misty Croslin, may not have been home when Haleigh disappeared from her Satusum house early last week.

"Obviously that puts a spotlight on her now, if that's the case," said Captain Dick Schauland. "We have a team of detectives that are following up on this and yes they are questioning her about that."

In a news conference Wednesday, (Raw News Conference) Schauland said the information is one of the 1,200 tips that investigators are looking into. He says he doesn't know if it panned out. He says detectives have interviewed family members and girlfriend Misty Croslin several times.

"We have received that tip and they are following up on it. As far as a conclusion on the follow up, I don't have that," said Schauland.

On CNN, Tuesday night, Haleighs paternal grandmother, Terese Neves, spoke out in support of the 17-year-old's story.

"I believe someone went into the house and took her. I believe they either know my grandchildren and my family or Haleigh's mother's family," said Neves.

Sheriff's deputies also said they have the pink shirt that Haleigh was thought to be wearing when she disappeared. Deputies wouldn't speculate or go into detail about where or when they found what could be key evidence in the case.

"What we now need people to focus on is this face because we do not know at this time what the clothing was at this point," said Dominick Pape of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

The massive search for Haleigh was scaled back this week. Deputies do not want to say too much in fear of jeopardizing the investigation, but confirmed they set up a road block this week and interviewed at least 300 neighbors in the area.

"We will take any lead, any place, anytime," said Pape. "We've got a life of a 5-year-old girl at stake."

Another prayer vigil was held Tuesday night, at the Dunns Creek Baptist Church in Putnam County.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings and the little girl's mother, Crystal Sheffield sat side by side while the community came together to comfort them.

"I care for the people even though I don't know them," said one neighbor.

The sheriff's office will hold the next briefing Wednesday afternoon.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

ugh...........
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

OH! I just had a feeling there was something up with Pappy's girlfriend.....There was just something weird about her.................

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Odd that the myspace page lists the girl as being 19 and single. Why am I getting a bad vibe about this?
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Odd that the myspace page lists the girl as being 19 and single. Why am I getting a bad vibe about this?
    Remember; Who tells the truth on MySpace?

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    That's called a good gut.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Tip Leads Detectives To St. Augustine In Haleigh Search

http://www.wftv.com/news/18793086/detail.html

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Detectives following a tip, searched in St. Augustine near some railroad tracks around SR-16 and US-1, but nothing turned up. Putnam County investigators told Eyewitness News Tuesday that an anonymous donor gave $5,000, bringing the reward to $25,500.

Volunteers continue to search surrounding areas for the little girl.

Investigators are no longer conducting ground searches, but said they're following up on over 1,600 tips.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Attorney: Haleigh Cummings' Father Filing for Divorce

The father of Haleigh Cummings, a Florida girl who disappeared in February, plans to file for divorce from the girl's stepmother, a key witness in the case, his attorneys told HLN's "Nancy Grace."

The move follows weeks of reported tension between Ronald and Misty Cummings during the search for Haleigh, who was 5 when last seen.

In papers expected to be filed Tuesday, Ronald Cummings, 25, cites irreconcilable differences in ending his short marriage to his 17-year-old wife, said Terry Shoemaker, Ronald Cummings' attorney.

Haleigh went missing from her father's home in Satsuma, Florida, on February 9. Cummings has made several public pleas for information in her disappearance.

Misty Cummings, then known as Misty Croslin, was the last person known to have seen Haleigh the night she disappeared from the family's rented mobile home. The teenager said she tucked Haleigh and her 4-year-old brother into bed about 8 p.m. and went to sleep herself two hours later, but awoke at 3 a.m. to find the girl missing and a cinder block propping open a back door.

Ronald Cummings called police and reported his daughter missing when he returned from work at dawn.

Investigators have said they do not feel Misty Cummings has told them everything she knows.

"The police have been telling me that I've been keeping Misty under my wing and that's why she hasn't talked to the cops," Ronald Cummings told a "Nancy Grace" producer Tuesday. "So now, here you go, I divorced her. So now go find my baby."

The Putnam County Sheriff's office said in August that "the evidence and investigatory effort has minimized the likelihood that Haleigh's disappearance is the work of a stranger." Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, are not considered suspects, police said.

"Investigators believe that Misty Croslin-Cummings continues to hold important answers in the case," the sheriff's office said in a written statement. "She has failed to provide any sort of detailed accounting of the hours during the late evening and early morning of Haleigh's disappearance. Furthermore, physical evidence at the scene contradicts Misty's sketchy account of her evening activities." Shoemaker said his client told Misty Cummings he wanted a divorce on Sunday, and that the a divorce agreement was drawn up Monday. The agreement was sent to Misty Cummings' lawyer for her signature.

"He really didn't come to us and say, 'I want to file for divorce,'" said another of Ronald Cummings' attorneys, Brandon Beardsley. "My understanding is that this is something that he and Misty have been discussing for the last few days and they're contemplating it because they ultimately feel that it is in the best interest for both of them."

Misty Cummings' attorney, Robert Fields, told CNN he has not talked with his client and doesn't know her thoughts regarding the divorce. Fields said he had received the papers via e-mail but had not had a chance to review them. Asked what he thought the divorce would mean for the search for Haleigh, he said, "Probably nothing."

"You have to understand that ever since Haleigh went missing, they have been scrutinized," Beardsley said of the Cummingses. "They can't go out to dinner, can't even go to the convenience store to get a drink. ... The pressure of everything that is going on, the allegations and speculation, has been a stress on the relationship.

The two lived together for about six months before marrying in March. The divorce agreement provides no financial terms, according to Shoemaker.

On Monday, Misty Cummings left Satsuma to stay with a friend in Orlando, 50 miles south, Shoemaker said.

Last edited by voivod; 10.07.09 at 09:38 AM.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Just looking at the video of this gal and how she speaks, you can feel that she knows something and ain't talking.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Very sad. The missing little girl, not the divorce.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One