Register
    Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Online Radio Stations

So for years I've been a regular user of Launchast which became Yahoo Music Launchcast and is now Yahoo Music Launchcast powered by CBS Radio.

As of today (maybe the weekend) they have completely changed to whole concept of it. I used to have a personal station in addition to all the genre and era specific stations. My personal station was defined by me based on ratings I provided to songs, artists and albums. It was awesome. My station included everything I liked and nothing I didn't. I had over 10,000 ratings which effected the frequency of which everything played. Now it sucks. No more personalized stations and I'm stuck with the genres.

XM Radio is doing away with its free online access to my account so I'm stuck with Launchcrap powered by CBS crap.

Do you guys know of other free online radio services that offer personalized stations?

Last Online

08.17.15 @ 11:51 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

I like pandora..... http://pandora.com/

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer Guy View Post
    I like pandora..... http://pandora.com/
    I checked it out..i've already created a username and station. This looks really cool so far! The only thing that I don't see is a weighting system where I can rate songs as opposed to just saying "i like" or "i don't like" but other than that, I really like the concept of the genome system. Very cool! thanks for the tip!

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:26 PM
    Liked 3,120 Times in 1,829 Posts

Premium Member

Pandora's hurting though. Buddy of mine worked there for a couple years (he's one of the guys with a music degree who listens to songs and applies their algorithm to them) and he was laid off last fall....hopefully they survive.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.10.17 @ 07:26 PM
    Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    So for years I've been a regular user of Launchast which became Yahoo Music Launchcast and is now Yahoo Music Launchcast powered by CBS Radio.

As of today (maybe the weekend) they have completely changed to whole concept of it. I used to have a personal station in addition to all the genre and era specific stations. My personal station was defined by me based on ratings I provided to songs, artists and albums. It was awesome. My station included everything I liked and nothing I didn't. I had over 10,000 ratings which effected the frequency of which everything played. Now it sucks. No more personalized stations and I'm stuck with the genres.

XM Radio is doing away with its free online access to my account so I'm stuck with Launchcrap powered by CBS crap.

Do you guys know of other free online radio services that offer personalized stations?
    now this pisses me off, i dont wanna pay extra every month to listen online to Sirius, im thinking i may just cancel my subscription, ive been thinkin about for a while anyway, i got it for Howard Stern originally, but he always seems to be on vacation and they play nest ofs, and i love it along with all the music on there, but it may not be worth it anymore i dont know,

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by VanRoth07 View Post
    now this pisses me off, i dont wanna pay extra every month to listen online to Sirius, im thinking i may just cancel my subscription, ive been thinkin about for a while anyway, i got it for Howard Stern originally, but he always seems to be on vacation and they play nest ofs, and i love it along with all the music on there, but it may not be worth it anymore i dont know,
    yeah when I logged in the other day I got redirected to a page explaining that as of march 11 (i think) there will be no more free online access. That was one of the big selling points to the service! The page, of course, had the "don't miss a beat of your online service! Select your payment method now!"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:25 AM
    Liked 180 Times in 91 Posts

Check out my station. It's free to listen to. I have a playlist of 4,000 songs and counting. The website is www.myspace.com/radio5150 or just click the link below in my signature. You may like it...you may not. It's worth a listen...at least I think!

Favorite VH Album

II
    Last Online

05.18.16 @ 10:01 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

yeah when I logged in the other day I got redirected to a page explaining that as of march 11 (i think) there will be no more free online access. That was one of the big selling points to the service! The page, of course, had the "don't miss a beat of your online service! Select your payment method now!"
    I'm gonna drop after 3/11 as a matter of principal. They're raising the rate for a second car too.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

so I'm really starting to like this Pandora thing. I've got four stations, one for Extreme and Van Halen, another for Beatles and Beach Boys, another for 90's stuff like the Breeders, Veruca Salt, Belly and the Pixies, and another for The Smiths and The Cure. This is really pretty neat.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

http://www.kqlz.org

Listen to Venom Nation on Saturday nights at 10PM ET/9PM CT/7PM PT, my buddy Steve hosts that show, and even join the chat sometime. VN isn't the only program though, lots of great shows on that station!
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Today...VHI
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.11.15 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

so I'm really starting to like this Pandora thing. I've got four stations, one for Extreme and Van Halen, another for Beatles and Beach Boys, another for 90's stuff like the Breeders, Veruca Salt, Belly and the Pixies, and another for The Smiths and The Cure. This is really pretty neat.
    Yeah, I recently discovered Pandora as well. Very cool. The only problem is that each song is an "all-or-nothing" thing. Accept or reject. But I've discovered some new stuff I really dig.
    Van Halen will rock your face off!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by DiveBomb View Post
    Yeah, I recently discovered Pandora as well. Very cool. The only problem is that each song is an "all-or-nothing" thing. Accept or reject. But I've discovered some new stuff I really dig.
    I contacted them about this and that's not what it's about. If you give a song a thumbs up that means you really really really like it and it's going to play A LOT. If you give it a thumbs down, it's going to go away permanently. It's set up so that songs you don't have strong opinions for either way, stay in regular rotation. Only give a thumbs up to songs you absolutely want to hear more than once a day. Once I figured that out, I erased all my thumbs up and started from scratch. I was having the same 10 or 12 songs play CONSTANTLY. I don't have that problem anymore. The one thing I wish it had was a way to ban certain artists. My Van Halen/Extreme station keeps playing absolute crap that I have no interest in hearing and I wish I could give a thumbs down to specific bands like I could on launchast.

Favorite VH Album

Today...VHI
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.11.15 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I contacted them about this and that's not what it's about. If you give a song a thumbs up that means you really really really like it and it's going to play A LOT. If you give it a thumbs down, it's going to go away permanently. It's set up so that songs you don't have strong opinions for either way, stay in regular rotation. Only give a thumbs up to songs you absolutely want to hear more than once a day. Once I figured that out, I erased all my thumbs up and started from scratch. I was having the same 10 or 12 songs play CONSTANTLY. I don't have that problem anymore. The one thing I wish it had was a way to ban certain artists. My Van Halen/Extreme station keeps playing absolute crap that I have no interest in hearing and I wish I could give a thumbs down to specific bands like I could on launchast.
    Ohhhhhhhhh, that makes so much more sense! Ok, thanks. I feel like they could have made that a little clearer. Oh well.
    Van Halen will rock your face off!