Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default What do you all think about immunizations?

Do you think they are an example of government intrusion?

Should a government, in the name of public health, be able to mandate that children be given immunizations?

This came up in Texas recently when the govenor wanted girls to begin taking the HPV immunizations. Many flamed him for making a deal with the pharmaceutical company, others because of unnecessary government intrusion into how they raise their children, and others because they said it gave the girls a green light to have sex.

Now I want to know what you all think about immunizations in general, NOT just the HPV one but if you think it's ok for a govt to mandate say the polio vaccine but not the HPV vaccine, I'd like to know why.

Here's a link to a story about an entire town that is blowing off vaccines:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...26723&src=news

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I certainly see the value of being vaccinated against polio and the like, but it seems like they are willing to mandate that every child get every shot these days. I certainly don't remember getting all the shots my kids have gotten over the years.

Sometimes I think we are jumping the gun without knowing what other effects some of this stuff will have on our children in the longer term. I know that there is still a huge debate going on with the thimerosal/autism tie in, and whether it causes or aids in a child getting autism...in the end there seems to be credible data on both fronts.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Mandatory shots is a big, big concern of so many.

One school of thought is that "big chemical" pushes the right people in govt to force the issue; guaranteed huge income in perpetuity.

Plus, there are so many cases of, let's call them clandestine, programs in poorer countries whereby mass vaccinations have turned out to have less than noble ulterior motives or, if that seems a bit extreme, have certainly turned out to have had pretty nasty side effects.

If I had children i would certainly be asking more than a few questions, especially the obvious "why?".

Link to suspicions of sterilising agents contained in rubella vaccine in Brazil. Similar to cases in Argentina, the Phillipines and others

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/aug/08081407.html

A more general page with plenty of quotes and info

http://www.health.org.nz/vacgen.html

It is important to remember that lots of nasty programs have been uncovered in most countries. The eugenics programs in the USA were stopped, but that is not to say that they don't go on covertly even now.

This is one of those subjects where the more time you spend looking into it, the more worrying it becomes.

Bottom line though : Whether for good or bad, some people are making a shit load of cash. And we are paying for them to get it.
    Last edited by graeme; 02.11.09 at 01:27 PM.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Eruption
    Last Online

02.15.10 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The wife and picked a doctor that let us spread out our daughter's shots. A lot of the booster shots (combine up to 6 vaccinations or more) are highly suspect to cause autism and other ailments. If you follow the governments plan for your children it is insane how many diseases you are injecting into kid at a time.

My kids get one vaccination at a time.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by nothingontv View Post
    The wife and picked a doctor that let us spread out our daughter's shots. A lot of the booster shots (combine up to 6 vaccinations or more) are highly suspect to cause autism and other ailments. If you follow the governments plan for your children it is insane how many diseases you are injecting into kid at a time.

would you do it if the government didn't mandate it? Do you think it should be completely up to the parent?

How about the new HPV vaccine? Do you have a daughter and if so will you give her one before she becomes sexually active?

I'm sorry for all the questions in one burst...

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Yeah, our youngest fell behind on his shots because he was sick and then they caught him up, big time. It was after this, in hindsight, that his developmental issues began. Slow, subtle signs that really didn't fully show themselves until he entered kindergarten. With changes in diet and some other things, the kid has really started coming into his own (A-B Honor Roll), but it kills me every day that it may have been my permission to catch up on the shots that may well have caused all of the issues to begin with.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:42 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

The pediatrician I bring my children to is really good about explaining the good and the bad with the shots. Yes she usually recommends the mandatory ones, polio, chicken pox etc. but the new ones that aren't tried and true she usually will let us know if it is bs or should be taken seriously.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Eruption
    Last Online

02.15.10 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    would you do it if the government didn't mandate it? Do you think it should be completely up to the parent?

How about the new HPV vaccine? Do you have a daughter and if so will you give her one before she becomes sexually active?

I'm sorry for all the questions in one burst...

Yes I think it should be completey up to the parent as to when the kid can receive the shots- maybe the government gives timelines with 8 years kids should have all his shots etc... special circumstances can extend deadlines- kid has illness or cronic illness, kid is homeschooled, etc.

As to if the parent can deny shots altogether- well- certain ones for sure. ie: the chicken pox shot- we are not giving it to my kid, she can get it like we all did.

My goal is to inject my daughters with as few diseases as possible as far apart as possible.

I have two daughters and about HPV- ahh no, she isn't getting that.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.31383ea.html
    Last edited by nothingontv; 02.11.09 at 03:01 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Autismn was almost unheard of until vaccinations came in to play. I hate them and am completely nervous taking my kids for shots. We'll spread them out also.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

all my kids had their spread out on the doctors advice, as for the HPV vacine, none of mine are old enough for any kind of contraceptive injection (if thats what it is, many things have different names here in england and its too late at night here for me to google it!) but i would prefer them to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it, but im big on being honest with my kids and both myself and my wife will discuss the issue with my daughters when the time comes.
    but as for now, we've had no side effects of vacines, all my kids have 12 toes and 12 fingers like they should have!
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

HPV is not a contraceptive injection. It's designed to help prevent cervical cancer in later life and the best age to have it is early teens and before sexual activity.

My kids have had all their shots. Working for a GP, I have looked into the in's and out's of immunisation and in my case, with my children, I'm very glad they had them.

This site, although in the UK, gives some good clear explainations and information.

http://www.immunisation.nhs.uk/Vaccines

I dont know about the US but all childhood imms are free here.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 6,671 Times in 3,697 Posts

my son has gotten all of his. Our pediatrician does a lot of work with autistic kids and my wife is paranoid so that was the first thing we asked about. He has two small children and they both got all of their vaccinations. That's all I needed to know.

Might there be a link, I guess it's possible. But it could be a million other things as well.

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Well my daughter now 11 got all her shots in the time she was scheduled to. She is fine and a straight A student .. no health probs at all. I wasn't sure about the chicken pox shot... even though she got one... and am not convinced even now it is worth getting. Working with kids like I do I have seen ALOT of kids still get chicken pox even with the shot. As far as the HPV one.. I will not be getting this for my daughter. Not now anyway. I don't think there is enough research .. long term on this yet. My sister has a 7 yr old that is Autistic and his symptoms did not present until he was 2.. after his last major set of shots. She has a 9 month old now that she is not getting all his shots at once. He is fine so far. I also have a kiddo in my pre k class that has not had ANY shots at all due to religious reasons. He is fine so far. He does have bad allergies though... even a deadly peanut one. So who knows really!
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:51 AM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,349 Posts

I have two daughters and about HPV- ahh no, she isn't getting that.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.31383ea.html
    would you feel the same if it wasn't a twat related shot but instead prevented most types of skin cancer?

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel View Post
    HPV is not a contraceptive injection. It's designed to help prevent cervical cancer in later life and the best age to have it is early teens and before sexual activity.

thanks for clarifying that for me ang, if its available here in theU.K. then i would insist on my daughters having it, unless theres some other reason why they should not (if it caused exploding head syndrome then i may think twice)

heres a good one for you, i have to have hepititis imms due to my job and the doctor has suggested that i have my kids done too, just to be on the safe side...thoughts???
    (BTW im a tattoo artist, if that clears things a little)
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!