Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:51 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

The Beatles will never get back together and Roth will never sing with VH again.........Blessed by the Rev...AL love ya bro...shit happens
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

01.21.12 @ 03:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    The Beatles will never get back together and Roth will never sing with VH again.........Blessed by the Rev...AL love ya bro...shit happens
    Guess the Reverend Al got a big dose of crow!

Last Online

06.22.09 @ 10:04 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Al & Ed should write a book called....How To Talk Out of Your Ass in Fifty Words or Less
    It Still Ain't VH Without Mike Anthony

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hagar Fan View Post
    Al & Ed should write a book called....How To Talk Out of Your Ass in Fifty Words or Less
    NO IT WOULD BE MORE LIKE 5150 WORDS OR LESS!
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 550 Times in 382 Posts

I truly belive Al is a good man but let his love for his brother assist in ruining this band.

Sammy has stated that he and Al still talk and that he loves Al and respects him so???
    [B]
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    I truly belive Al is a good man but let his love for his brother assist in ruining this band.

Sammy has stated that he and Al still talk and that he loves Al and respects him so???

I was aware Sam said that just before the 2004 tour being their communication is what led to the 2004 tour. But I wasn't aware Sam & Al still communicated or even on good terms. I've always admired and respected Al as a musician and I use to really love his personality both onstage and in interviews for the most part....unless it was Roth or Hagar bashing fest. Both Ed & Al came off looking like major tools in the wake of the 1996 MTV fiasco.

I really want to like Al but I often question where he stands in all this. But I can relate to him in the sense of having to live and deal with very difficult sibilings. I couldn't even fathom playing in a band with them. I actually heard that Al & Ed got into a huge arguement in the lobby of a very upscale hotel here during their stop on the 2004 tour. It was about Ed's drinking and alcoholism....shockingly enough. Heard about it from a guy who worked there

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    NO IT WOULD BE MORE LIKE 5150 WORDS OR LESS!

LMFAO

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

I was aware Sam said that just before the 2004 tour being their communication is what led to the 2004 tour. But I wasn't aware Sam & Al still communicated or even on good terms. I've always admired and respected Al as a musician and I use to really love his personality both onstage and in interviews for the most part....unless it was Roth or Hagar bashing fest. Both Ed & Al came off looking like major tools in the wake of the 1996 MTV fiasco.

I really want to like Al but I often question where he stands in all this. But I can relate to him in the sense of having to live and deal with very difficult sibilings. I couldn't even fathom playing in a band with them. I actually heard that Al & Ed got into a huge arguement in the lobby of a very upscale hotel here during their stop on the 2004 tour. It was about Ed's drinking and alcoholism....shockingly enough. Heard about it from a guy who worked there
    I recently read an interview with Hagar where he said he and AL still talk from time to time.

Forgive me if i dont recall when as Sammy does SO many interviews and sure can talk alot.
    [B]
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

Existentially Uncertain Fontcow's Avatar
    Last Online

03.13.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Liked 868 Times in 463 Posts

I always liked this quote from the 1996 interview immediately following the MTV Awards fiasco with Kurt Loder:

=====================

Loder: I'm here with Van Halen. Guys, when you walked in today with Mr. Lee Roth, you got a standing ovation. What do you think the audience is trying to tell you?

AVH: I think there is a lot of history with the past of this band. I think since the very beginning, the whole idea was for the band to establish a special relationship with the audience. And I think the people can sense when you're B.S.-ing them and when you're not.

=====================

Keep in mind, he said that full-well knowing that Roth would not be back full-time and that this "reunion" was B.S.-ing to sell a Greatest Hits album.

Say what you want about Alex, and I certainly don't know him personally or need to as a fan. But he is the one guy in the band who will tow the company line and tell you what you want to hear, or more directly, what he thinks you need to hear to buy the product. He's the smarmy salesman of the band.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    I recently read an interview with Hagar where he said he and AL still talk from time to time.

Forgive me if i dont recall when as Sammy does SO many interviews and sure can talk alot.

So the interview was after 2004 and sometime around this last 2007-2008 tour?

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fontcow View Post
    I always liked this quote from the 1996 interview immediately following the MTV Awards fiasco with Kurt Loder:

=====================

Loder: I'm here with Van Halen. Guys, when you walked in today with Mr. Lee Roth, you got a standing ovation. What do you think the audience is trying to tell you?

AVH: I think there is a lot of history with the past of this band. I think since the very beginning, the whole idea was for the band to establish a special relationship with the audience. And I think the people can sense when you're B.S.-ing them and when you're not.

=====================

Keep in mind, he said that full-well knowing that Roth would not be back full-time and that this "reunion" was B.S.-ing to sell a Greatest Hits album.

Say what you want about Alex, and I certainly don't know him personally or need to as a fan. But he is the one guy in the band who will tow the company line and tell you what you want to hear, or more directly, what he thinks you need to hear to buy the product. He's the smarmy salesman of the band.

Damn.....good point Fontcow....great point in fact

I definitely have no respect for Ed anymore but I think I'm going to have to finally throw Al & Dave under the bus too.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

So the interview was after 2004 and sometime around this last 2007-2008 tour?

Yes, it was around August that I read it. He didnt say they were best buddies or anything but more along the lines of "I respect Al and the love he has for Ed, and Al and I still talk from time to time".
    [B]
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok cool...I didn't realize he & Al still had anykind of communication

It's looking like Al really has no spine at all.....what a shame

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Ok cool...I didn't realize he & Al still had anykind of communication

It's looking like Al really has no spine at all.....what a shame
    they definitly do as Sammy even said "Ed and I dont talk anymore, but Al and I do, etc"
    [B]
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012: