Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Eruption Ilovevh's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.15.04
    Age
    44
    Location
    pensacola fl
    Posts
    1,487
    Favorite VH Album

    adkot
    Favorite VH Song

    she's the woman/hbsd
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 08:59 AM
    Likes
    84
    Liked 171 Times in 106 Posts

    Default famous alex vh quots

    My karma just ran over your dogma

    Love 'em all I says
    Let Cupid sort 'em out



    https://www.facebook.com/debra.browne.3114

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.01
    Age
    59
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,037
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 12:51 PM
    Likes
    4,484
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    The Beatles will never get back together and Roth will never sing with VH again.........Blessed by the Rev...AL love ya bro...shit happens
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

  3. #3
    Banned! i1sum2!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    02.02.06
    Location
    at the Bunny Ranch
    Posts
    1,871
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen, Fair Warning, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

    01.21.12 @ 03:56 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    The Beatles will never get back together and Roth will never sing with VH again.........Blessed by the Rev...AL love ya bro...shit happens
    Guess the Reverend Al got a big dose of crow!

  4. #4
    Hot For Teacher Dave Hagar Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.09
    Posts
    320
    Last Online

    06.22.09 @ 10:04 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Al & Ed should write a book called....How To Talk Out of Your Ass in Fifty Words or Less
    It Still Ain't VH Without Mike Anthony

  5. #5
    Hang 'Em High sickman's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.13.04
    Posts
    6,169
    Favorite VH Album

    Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

    Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Likes
    548
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hagar Fan View Post
    Al & Ed should write a book called....How To Talk Out of Your Ass in Fifty Words or Less
    NO IT WOULD BE MORE LIKE 5150 WORDS OR LESS!
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

  6. #6
    Good Enough VH1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.07.07
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,327
    Favorite VH Album

    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 02:10 PM
    Likes
    721
    Liked 550 Times in 382 Posts

    Default

    I truly belive Al is a good man but let his love for his brother assist in ruining this band.

    Sammy has stated that he and Al still talk and that he loves Al and respects him so???
    [B]
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

    "ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

    EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

  7. #7
    Hot For Teacher Dave Hagar Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.09
    Posts
    320
    Last Online

    06.22.09 @ 10:04 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    I truly belive Al is a good man but let his love for his brother assist in ruining this band.

    Sammy has stated that he and Al still talk and that he loves Al and respects him so???


    I was aware Sam said that just before the 2004 tour being their communication is what led to the 2004 tour. But I wasn't aware Sam & Al still communicated or even on good terms. I've always admired and respected Al as a musician and I use to really love his personality both onstage and in interviews for the most part....unless it was Roth or Hagar bashing fest. Both Ed & Al came off looking like major tools in the wake of the 1996 MTV fiasco.

    I really want to like Al but I often question where he stands in all this. But I can relate to him in the sense of having to live and deal with very difficult sibilings. I couldn't even fathom playing in a band with them. I actually heard that Al & Ed got into a huge arguement in the lobby of a very upscale hotel here during their stop on the 2004 tour. It was about Ed's drinking and alcoholism....shockingly enough. Heard about it from a guy who worked there
    It Still Ain't VH Without Mike Anthony

  8. #8
    Hot For Teacher Dave Hagar Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.09
    Posts
    320
    Last Online

    06.22.09 @ 10:04 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    NO IT WOULD BE MORE LIKE 5150 WORDS OR LESS!

    LMFAO
    It Still Ain't VH Without Mike Anthony

  9. #9
    Good Enough VH1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.07.07
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,327
    Favorite VH Album

    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 02:10 PM
    Likes
    721
    Liked 550 Times in 382 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hagar Fan View Post
    I was aware Sam said that just before the 2004 tour being their communication is what led to the 2004 tour. But I wasn't aware Sam & Al still communicated or even on good terms. I've always admired and respected Al as a musician and I use to really love his personality both onstage and in interviews for the most part....unless it was Roth or Hagar bashing fest. Both Ed & Al came off looking like major tools in the wake of the 1996 MTV fiasco.

    I really want to like Al but I often question where he stands in all this. But I can relate to him in the sense of having to live and deal with very difficult sibilings. I couldn't even fathom playing in a band with them. I actually heard that Al & Ed got into a huge arguement in the lobby of a very upscale hotel here during their stop on the 2004 tour. It was about Ed's drinking and alcoholism....shockingly enough. Heard about it from a guy who worked there
    I recently read an interview with Hagar where he said he and AL still talk from time to time.

    Forgive me if i dont recall when as Sammy does SO many interviews and sure can talk alot.
    [B]
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

    "ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

    EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

  10. #10
    Existentially Uncertain Fontcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.21.01
    Age
    49
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    3,561
    Last Online

    03.13.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Likes
    433
    Liked 868 Times in 463 Posts

    Default

    I always liked this quote from the 1996 interview immediately following the MTV Awards fiasco with Kurt Loder:

    =====================

    Loder: I'm here with Van Halen. Guys, when you walked in today with Mr. Lee Roth, you got a standing ovation. What do you think the audience is trying to tell you?

    AVH: I think there is a lot of history with the past of this band. I think since the very beginning, the whole idea was for the band to establish a special relationship with the audience. And I think the people can sense when you're B.S.-ing them and when you're not.

    =====================

    Keep in mind, he said that full-well knowing that Roth would not be back full-time and that this "reunion" was B.S.-ing to sell a Greatest Hits album.

    Say what you want about Alex, and I certainly don't know him personally or need to as a fan. But he is the one guy in the band who will tow the company line and tell you what you want to hear, or more directly, what he thinks you need to hear to buy the product. He's the smarmy salesman of the band.

  11. #11
    Hot For Teacher Dave Hagar Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.09
    Posts
    320
    Last Online

    06.22.09 @ 10:04 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    I recently read an interview with Hagar where he said he and AL still talk from time to time.

    Forgive me if i dont recall when as Sammy does SO many interviews and sure can talk alot.

    So the interview was after 2004 and sometime around this last 2007-2008 tour?
    It Still Ain't VH Without Mike Anthony

  12. #12
    Hot For Teacher Dave Hagar Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.09
    Posts
    320
    Last Online

    06.22.09 @ 10:04 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fontcow View Post
    I always liked this quote from the 1996 interview immediately following the MTV Awards fiasco with Kurt Loder:

    =====================

    Loder: I'm here with Van Halen. Guys, when you walked in today with Mr. Lee Roth, you got a standing ovation. What do you think the audience is trying to tell you?

    AVH: I think there is a lot of history with the past of this band. I think since the very beginning, the whole idea was for the band to establish a special relationship with the audience. And I think the people can sense when you're B.S.-ing them and when you're not.

    =====================

    Keep in mind, he said that full-well knowing that Roth would not be back full-time and that this "reunion" was B.S.-ing to sell a Greatest Hits album.

    Say what you want about Alex, and I certainly don't know him personally or need to as a fan. But he is the one guy in the band who will tow the company line and tell you what you want to hear, or more directly, what he thinks you need to hear to buy the product. He's the smarmy salesman of the band.

    Damn.....good point Fontcow....great point in fact


    I definitely have no respect for Ed anymore but I think I'm going to have to finally throw Al & Dave under the bus too.
    It Still Ain't VH Without Mike Anthony

  13. #13
    Good Enough VH1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.07.07
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,327
    Favorite VH Album

    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 02:10 PM
    Likes
    721
    Liked 550 Times in 382 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hagar Fan View Post
    So the interview was after 2004 and sometime around this last 2007-2008 tour?

    Yes, it was around August that I read it. He didnt say they were best buddies or anything but more along the lines of "I respect Al and the love he has for Ed, and Al and I still talk from time to time".
    [B]
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

    "ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

    EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

  14. #14
    Hot For Teacher Dave Hagar Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.09
    Posts
    320
    Last Online

    06.22.09 @ 10:04 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Ok cool...I didn't realize he & Al still had anykind of communication


    It's looking like Al really has no spine at all.....what a shame
    It Still Ain't VH Without Mike Anthony

  15. #15
    Good Enough VH1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.07.07
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,327
    Favorite VH Album

    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 02:10 PM
    Likes
    721
    Liked 550 Times in 382 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hagar Fan View Post
    Ok cool...I didn't realize he & Al still had anykind of communication


    It's looking like Al really has no spine at all.....what a shame
    they definitly do as Sammy even said "Ed and I dont talk anymore, but Al and I do, etc"
    [B]
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

    "ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

    EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Bumping into famous musicians
    By SLEEPER5150 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09.17.08, 01:32 AM
  2. Anyone ever date or had Sex w/ someone Famous??
    By Eddie Van Halen in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 238
    Last Post: 02.20.08, 11:59 PM
  3. If you could meet one famous person, who would it be?
    By jaybird in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05.26.01, 06:45 PM
  4. If you could meet one famous person, who would it be?
    By jaybird in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05.15.01, 09:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •