Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Jeremy Lusk - Freestyle Motorcross Champ dies

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Just brutal injury. I'm not a huge fan of these sorts of sports though I watch them when I catch it on TV. This guy was attempting some crazy 360 backwards flip or something and landed face first. I found footage of the wreck and I post it here with a heavy heart. I'm not trying to sensationalize it or anything, I just didnt understand what the article was describing so I went to youtube expecting to find footage of a successful jump and let my imagination fill in the blanks but nope, the entire thing is on youtube so watch if you want. Watching this guy bust himself in half is just brutal.

edit: it's amazing. I respect people's desire to push themselves and what not, but I can't help but feel this sort of thing is irresponsible on some level...i'm not sure. I just sort of feel sad right now after watching it...we all know we could get hit by a bus at anytime but that doesn't necessarily mean we need to throw caution to the wind and tempt the reaper you know? It was his life and he lived it the way he wanted and on some level I respect that but damn...
    Last edited by broken9500; 02.10.09 at 01:32 PM.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

The crazy thing about it is even though it's brutal to watch, you see people have what seems to be a lot worse happen to them, and they get up and walk away.

I guess in a way, he went out doing what he loved to do.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    The crazy thing about it is even though it's brutal to watch, you see people have what seems to be a lot worse happen to them, and they get up and walk away.

I guess in a way, he went out doing what he loved to do.

It's akin to the Dale Sr. wreck. He's gone tumbling down a raceway, to emerge unscathed. Others have hit the wall, like him, jumped right out. Hell, HE's hit the wall like that before. Like they say, it's the unassuming one that does you in.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Wow that was a bad wreck. I was just at a show last weekend where a guy on a quad slammed into the front of the ramp he was to land on and he was back doing it the next night. This guy just got folded in half though. Probably snapped his neck.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.04.12 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah. He was dead as soon as his body slammed the ground.
    Scary deal.
    When I used to race BMX I took some pretty hard hits. Always had the neck snap in the back of my mind. I used to get some real serious air. One bad landing, and poof. Id be gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

evidently they kept him "alive" for a night or so in a medically induced coma feeding him various drugs to see how his body would react, or if it would react at all...they stopped feeding the drugs to see what happened and his body just stopped.

After I saw it I started looking at other articles and stuff, the first one posted said that he broke his jaw and that we all needed to pray for him! Apparently he snapped his neck and turned his brain to jelly. Just an awful awful wreck.

Perhaps one of you with more experience can tell me...did the EMTs mistreat him or not handle the situation correctly? A lot of the blogs and posts are making a big deal about how rough they handled him, not securing/stabilizing his neck etc. I dont think anything would have helped but I don't know much about these things.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.04.12 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They did whip his helmet off. I didn't think that was a very bright idea.
    Once all that neck stuff is mangled, its a lost cause. And if you looked at the footage, it was.
    Way to delicate part of the bdy to just move em like they did. It looked like a "show must go on" thing to get him off the track.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

well,,,,,he didnt feel a thing RIP
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    evidently they kept him "alive" for a night or so in a medically induced coma feeding him various drugs to see how his body would react, or if it would react at all...they stopped feeding the drugs to see what happened and his body just stopped.

After I saw it I started looking at other articles and stuff, the first one posted said that he broke his jaw and that we all needed to pray for him! Apparently he snapped his neck and turned his brain to jelly. Just an awful awful wreck.

Perhaps one of you with more experience can tell me...did the EMTs mistreat him or not handle the situation correctly? A lot of the blogs and posts are making a big deal about how rough they handled him, not securing/stabilizing his neck etc. I dont think anything would have helped but I don't know much about these things.
    Yeah, I thought it looked as if he was man handled quit a bit. Even the guy that was run over by the monster truck they handled way more delicately. I'm pretty sure there are a few EMT's here though that may shed some light on this.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post

Several years ago a friend of mine was involved in a motorcycle accident, where the guy she was riding with ran a stop sign and slammed into a car.

Another friend, who had met her through church said his Grandma (Who attended the same church) told him he had heard that this gal was in a bad wreck and was in the hospital with some broken bones, etc. and that the church would be praying for her recovery. My friend told his Grandma, "She's in a coma and brain dead, Grandma! They're pulling the plug today." She died shortly after they pulled the plug.

It's crazy how quickly the rumor mill can get misinformation out there.

I was wondering about how they handled him as well after the accident. It sure seemed like a rush job to get him off of the track to me, and didn't seem to be the way to handle someone in that sort of situation.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Wow... RIP.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Amsterdam
    Last Online

06.30.11 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sadly Jeremy Lusk had a massive brain injury from the wreck, a 4 hr operation was performed that night and his skull had to be left open to try and relieve some of the brain swelling. He hung on and fought for his life all weekend, but died shortly after his family arrived.
    The following link to a blog on espn has detailed information and updates from his 3 day fight to survive.
    http://espn.go.com/action/fmx/blog
    I also think that the EMT's were a little too ruff and quick to move him, but I'm no expert (just my opinion) and once you read the blog on espn, you realize how badly he was hurt as soon as he hit the ground.
    R.I.P Jeremy