Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Default Anti-Stimulus Petition

http://nostimulus.com/petition

Check out this site, about 100K signatures as of now. The website is running slow today because the senate vote is coming and people are trying to load up with signatures.

If you don't agree with spending 1 trillion dollars of our children's and grandkids money, go sign!!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 02:51 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Like that is going to do a thing.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

The webmaster was just on foxnews. He said the petition would be sent to the 3 "swing" voters that could make it pass. When it's a senate vote as close as this one will be, changing one or two minds could make a difference.

Either way, it's 827 billion, and I want to make my voice heard.

Damn site is down right now anyway lol.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoBandit View Post
    Like that is going to do a thing.
    exactly

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is hilarious! The funny thing is the people asking for the most money are republicans!

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Hmmm, very convenient. Nobody...and I mean NOBODY, did a God Damned thing about tossing money around left & right under Bush 43's multiple stimulus packages; but suddenly...IT'S A FUCKING TRAVESTY!!!!

Fucking hypocrites.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 2,380 Times in 1,485 Posts

Premium Member

Iam sure the Bush plans had pork /earmarks too. But didnt Obama say this stimulus wouldnt have any? Heres a few that I have read in articles in the Wall St Journal and an Article on MSNBC last week. Ive got not problem with anything that would create jobs and or cut taxes for every bracket and all business. 198 million to Phillapino WW2 vets...why? What about US WW2 vets who live in poverty? Insurance exemptions for companies who work on boats longer than 65 feet,62 mill for Guam,Tax exemptions for Yacht workers,undisclosed amount for California wine growers...Pelosi??, 50 million National Endowment of the Arts,100.000 new uniforms for Airport security TSA workers, and lifting of Medicare restrictions for 3 just 3 Longterm Care facilities out of thousands..gee wonder who in Congress is related or friends with those owners??? Contributions anyone? There are lots more but Iam tired of typing.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Yeah, that's an easy one!
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 12:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post
    Hmmm, very convenient. Nobody...and I mean NOBODY, did a God Damned thing about tossing money around left & right under Bush 43's multiple stimulus packages; but suddenly...IT'S A FUCKING TRAVESTY!!!!

Fucking hypocrites.
    Nope - not many people did anything...but a lot of people bitched about it. And NOW, you are pointing back at GW... So, if GW did it, it's ok for the Big O? Is it going to be redirecting for the next 4-8 years always saying GW did this or that?

GW took his lumps...but he's gone, so let's focus on the new power and his strenghts or shortcomings as the case may be. People can't just blame GW for the next 4-8 years (although I'm sure they'll try).

GW did something - he showed that it didn't work. So what should we do? Dump MORE money into it???...let's keep showing people it's ok to fuck up your businesses and we'll just keep bailing your out.

I know something needs to be done, but printing more money and giving people free money doesn't seem like a long lasting solution - more like a band-aid for for a severed head.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 4,787 Times in 2,441 Posts

Premium Member

I just want to know where all the hope and change from the election went? Fear mongering and despair seem to be the only news coming from the Oval Office these days. I know something needs to be done but we have one chance to get it right. While I hope our leaders will do the right thing, I have a funny feeling they won't.

The worst part about this whole affair is that health care and social security are not even on the table.

We are screwed regardless of what is done.

Eruption
    Last Online

02.15.10 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Len75 View Post
    This is hilarious! The funny thing is the people asking for the most money are republicans!
    Well, I think it is not that simple. They want to add things that actually help the economy not just enlarge government. Remember this entire 900 billion plan was drafted by Democrats.

A couple of the amendments they wanted to add was 15k tax credit for first time home buyers who buy within the next 2 years- $1500 tax credit for purchasing a new car in the next two years... THINGS that actually get people to stimulate the economy. Not 30 million to Acorn.

Not sure why anyone would want to add anything to this bill, but maybe they think it is such a large amount of money- maybe they should try and add things that stimulate the economy.

Besides, the Democrats have everything they want in this bill- they drafted it. Of course the only people who are going to want to add or subtract anything is going to be Republicans- common sense.

I heard a few republicains say even though they added amendments, they still are voting against the bill.

Think about it Len75.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seeing what I do at work everyday (fed) makes me realize how slow the whole "We are going to change Washington" thing is going to be.

I hope they pass a quality stimulus bill, but a rat is a rat. And when you have a bunch of them together, they are going to have the same behavior they always have if something isn't seriously done. How can Obama change a Republican or Democrat who has been in the House or Senate for 20 years? A person that knows the game and that has played the system for so long. Ain't gonna happen. No in the short term.

I'm actaully shocked at the amount if "pork" in this.

If you are going to change Washington, you have to have adequate representation from both sides. I'm rooting for Obama, but for us, the American citizens, not just solely for himself. I don't know why he didn't have at the very least one Senate or House based team comprised of equal numbers from both parties and have them come up with something. Would that have taken longer, probably. Would it have been better and each side getting the better of their ideas in the package? More than likely. Oh well, I guess I'm a dreamer.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Kula View Post
    Nope - not many people did anything...but a lot of people bitched about it. And NOW, you are pointing back at GW... So, if GW did it, it's ok for the Big O? Is it going to be redirecting for the next 4-8 years always saying GW did this or that?

GW took his lumps...but he's gone, so let's focus on the new power and his strenghts or shortcomings as the case may be. People can't just blame GW for the next 4-8 years (although I'm sure they'll try).

GW did something - he showed that it didn't work. So what should we do? Dump MORE money into it???...let's keep showing people it's ok to fuck up your businesses and we'll just keep bailing your out.

I know something needs to be done, but printing more money and giving people free money doesn't seem like a long lasting solution - more like a band-aid for for a severed head.
    Great post.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

First I will say that I disagree with the sheer size and stupidity of this so-called stimulus package. However, a lot of these problems happened whilst on Bush's watch and some responsibility has to be taken for that. Allowing big business to run completely roughshod over society with no regard for the future or anything beyond the bottom line was crazy. However, Bush was by no means the only world leader who allowed this to happen.

Obama's problem is that he has inherited a problem and he's taking the cowards way out. With no package, the shit is going to hit the fan in a big way but with this package, the damage will be longer lasting and probably a lot deeper. But it will "feel" better in the short term. Very short I would say.

I have a very bad feeling for what might happen in the US in the coming years. More than just a financial depression, I am starting to think that a complete shift in structure and functioning of a country is in the making.

Countries like Iceland have all but collapsed but it is a small country and it can be fixed. The US is so big, and the debt at such mind boggling level, that i can't see any real way out of this mess.

Obama, like him or not, is in a no-win situation. Whatever happens next, he will take the blame as the man who collapsed a country, unless a miracle happens.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Eruption
    Last Online

02.15.10 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cokemach1 View Post
    Seeing what I do at work everyday (fed) makes me realize how slow the whole "We are going to change Washington" thing is going to be.

I hope they pass a quality stimulus bill, but a rat is a rat. And when you have a bunch of them together, they are going to have the same behavior they always have if something isn't seriously done. How can Obama change a Republican or Democrat who has been in the House or Senate for 20 years? A person that knows the game and that has played the system for so long. Ain't gonna happen. No in the short term.

I'm actaully shocked at the amount if "pork" in this.

If you are going to change Washington, you have to have adequate representation from both sides. I'm rooting for Obama, but for us, the American citizens, not just solely for himself. I don't know why he didn't have at the very least one Senate or House based team comprised of equal numbers from both parties and have them come up with something. Would that have taken longer, probably. Would it have been better and each side getting the better of their ideas in the package? More than likely. Oh well, I guess I'm a dreamer.
    Didn't Obama's team pen this bill ?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts