Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:17 PM
    Liked 2,082 Times in 675 Posts

Review of the EVH Wolfgang-

Friday, February 6, 2009
    REVIEW: EVH Wolfgang

Iíll start with the fit and finish. The body is basically the same shape as the older version, if not exact. The neck still has a roundish feel like the older one, but scaled down. Itís not really chunky and I wouldnít consider it really thin either. It falls right in the middle. To me, its a perfect balance. The more I play it, the more I like it. Kind of like an old glove. The stainless steel frets are much smaller the 6105's. They felt a little weird at first but they are growing one me, and Iím really starting to like them. The action was the best Iíve ever felt on any guitar. I have had professional level and setups and this one is right there on par, probably better. I canít believe how close the strings are to the board, especially on the higher frets. There is a slight buzz in some areas, but no fretting out or loss of tone anywhere. I have never seen anything like it that was playable.

The knobs on this thing are on top of low friction pots, so they move really easily. This is something I could have done without, as the slightest brush of the volume knob with your pinky is gonna move it. I can see how they would come in handy but I have never played using the volume swell technique used in eddies "Cathedral". But maybe now is a good time to learn The trem springs were a little loose when I received it, as the bridge was lifting with big bends. A few cranks on the screws solved that problem. Other than that the actual finish of this thing is superb: I couldnít find any flaws whatsoever.

The sound of this thing is just amazing. Compared to what I thought was perfect in the older version, the new one made me realize I really donít know what perfect is. This thing is a different sound all together. Itís much brighter. I think this is what really puts the sound over the top. It has a nice full sound to it and the separation is unbelievable: every note stand out on its and comes through nice and clear. At first I was having problems getting tapped harmonics to ring loud and clear, but after a day or two I got used to it and thatís not an issue. I will definitely buy another one of these in the future when the price comes down a bit, and probably trade my older one in for it.

This thing is awesome. Eddie and Fender really got it right.

http://iheartguitar.blogspot.com/200...-wolfgang.html
    Fashion your life as a garland of good deeds.

- Buddha

Favorite VH Album

Today...VHI
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.11.15 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm glad to see the Wolfgang getting positive reviews. Ed obviously isn't off his rocker about everything - apparently he still knows what he's doing when it comes to guitars. I'm keeping my eyes open for more reviews; hopefully this isn't a fluke.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The bottom line is no matter what we think, Eddie built his guitar for himself first. If people like it then great. I would love to have one but right now i would love just to have my EBMM EVH refretted and overhauled.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 04:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well I just got mine last week #WG000398A which I think is the #398th one made in the first A run....Well I won't repeat what has been said but a few things....The neck is one of the best I have had, a little wider and flater than the Peavey but just perfect for me (I like this neck better than the Peavey) a lttle more like a strat or Kramer neck ....This thing just flat out smokes out of the box, and yes the action is the best I have ever had on a Guitar.......I have read that some people have not been happy with the Quilt tops, but mine is bang on and even through out the top.........I had ordered a white one but they seem to be the most popular color right now, and are back ordered until at least May or longer..........I had a chance to get one of the first Quilt tops in Canada so I got it.....Is the Guitar worth that kind of money ???..Well I think it's priced a little high, but by today's standards it is a $2,200-$2,500 guitar.....I am glad I got it with a low number as well, can't put it down !....
    ...I would post pictures, but I don't know how to do that on this site.....

Got to go now Wolfie is calling me !
    Last edited by 5150canuck; 02.07.09 at 01:39 PM.
    [/SIGPIC]See Ya Derek !....5150canuck

Favorite VH Album

Today...VHI
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.11.15 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am so jealous. I have wanted one since Ed revealed them at NAMM, but part of me thought, "Oh, Ed's just selling his product; it's probably not as amazing as he claims." And now that I have seen nothing but (very) positive reviews, I'm having a hard time keeping the green-eyed monster away. [insert green-eyed smiley face here].

Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

By the way the pups are great somewhere in between my EBMM and the Peavey....

Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If anyone wants a deal on them I can get one, cheaper than what you pay in the USA...PM me and will send you the phone number and tell you how much...

Eruption
    Last Online

06.30.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

pretty good report. i have had a beautiful sunburst EVH now for a few days and will add to it. FWIW, i have 7 Peavey Wolfs, 5 of them 1st yr quilts and 2 specials, have gigged and recorded with them for over 10 yrs, and know the guitars very well.

1. the neck is a bit thinner than the Peavey in both width and depth, and a bit flatter than the EBMM. think EBMM-Peavey hybrid kind of taking best of both.

2. the headstock kind of grows on you.

3. i compared it to 2 of my Peavey 1st yr quilts and found it to be virtually the same thickness/shape. difference is minute.

4. sounds great acoustically and was setup almost perfectly out of the box, d tuner and all.

5. the smaller stainless frets did not bother me and actually feel pretty good.

6. the floyd does seem a bit beefier and the arm attachment is definitely better.

7. i have to disagree that the case is better. its just different. take away the evh logos in and out and its nothing special except for the latches are nice.

8. okay, played thru a 5150III its a great match. you can tell quickly it was voiced with the 5150III. basically sounds like Ed did on the last tour. compared to the Peavey, its like a brother. to my ear, the EVH bridge pickup is a little more open sounding, the Peavey a little darker. but still close. the neck pickup on the EVH is buttery and warm, and sounds great for solos. again pretty close to the Peavey, only i personally think the Peavey neck pup sounds better when played clean.

bottom line, its a very good instrument. well made, nice binding, great setup. is it earthshatteringly different or better than a good Peavey? not really. once you get used to the different neck size it really plays/sounds/feels very similar. again, like a brother. the one thing i question is this whole 80 sets, over a year to find, pickups story. if you took the Peavey pups as a starting point and made some subtle changes to voice them with the 5150III amp, you would have the EVH pickups.

my opinion is that if you have a Peavey and money is tight, you don't really need this guitar. its not going to do anything that the Peavey doesn't. that being said, if you have the coin and want the latest version of an Eddie model, its a beautiful instrument, glad i got one, and matches the 5150III perfectly. those on a budget will do fine with the Peavey. it doesn't make me want to give up any of my Peavey 1st yr Quilts to have multiples of these.

as always, FWIW

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Its good to hear the new guitar is awesome!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Played her last night for a couple of hours, the thing I like about the pups is it's not as harsh or muddy as other one's in the past....I love this pup

EVH was going to sell these guitars to the international market first before the USA (I guess the thinking was they will always sell in the USA, and this would have created hipe)....But they can't keep up with the demand and have shipped some to everywhere by now...Most dealers have lots on B/O and long delivery on them....The White one I was going to get is B/O until at least May or longer....Get them now if your thinking about it !

Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am telling you guys trust me on this I own the EBMM EVH and Wolfgang's, and this guitar I think is the best of the bunch for me....And yes I did say better than the EBMM (I know I will take some flack for that) but that is my opinion.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5150canuck View Post
    I am telling you guys trust me on this I own the EBMM EVH and Wolfgang's, and this guitar I think is the best of the bunch for me....And yes I did say better than the EBMM (I know I will take some flack for that) but that is my opinion.
    One of my cousins got his new Wolf last week and says the exact same thing.

Now, if I can only get over there to check it out in person...
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Banned!
    Last Online

02.08.09 @ 07:42 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default cheap air jordan shoes

welcome to : www.i-nikejordan.com
    we sell cheap Jordan shoes,nike Jordan shoes,all Jordan shoes,air Jordan,cheap Jordan,new Jordan shoes,other brand name shoes,Jordan shoes for menís womenís,cheap clothes ,bags,all custom are available here

Top Of The World Loss of Bowel Control's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:47 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zookjm View Post
    welcome to : www.i-nikejordan.com
    we sell cheap Jordan shoes,nike Jordan shoes,all Jordan shoes,air Jordan,cheap Jordan,new Jordan shoes,other brand name shoes,Jordan shoes for menís womenís,cheap clothes ,bags,all custom are available here
    Interesting take. The Wolfgang is the Air Jordan of guitars.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Loss of Bowel Control View Post
    Interesting take. The Wolfgang is the Air Jordan of guitars.