Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

2009 NASCAR Fantasy League

It's that time of year again. With Daytona just around the bend, I thought I'd establish a Fantasy League at Yahoo. From what I've been able to gather, there have been some improvements added this year. It does look a bit different, that's for sure.

Here's the info:

Group ID#19369
    Name: VHLINKERS RACING
    Password: 5150

http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Just joined!!!

Also, see the racing thread... I have an idea for an F1 League...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

I love them all!!!!
    Last Online

02.09.16 @ 03:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just joined. Maybe I'll be able to keep up with one of these this year

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I am in.

Thanks Craig.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Last Online

Here's the latest notification from Yahoo, in case you may have missed it or opted not to receive notices.

"If you would like to pick new drivers for this week's race (Daytona 500), you must make your changes by Sun Feb 15 12:35pm PST.

For detailed information on this race, check out the Yahoo! Sports coverage at http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar.

For exclusive expert advice on setting your roster, check out the Driver & Weekly Previews at http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto/schedule.

You can change your active drivers before the start of the race. The deadline for these changes is five minutes before the race starts.

-- Fantasy Auto Racing Commissioner
    http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com"
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:32 PM
    Liked 192 Times in 87 Posts

Donor

Thanks for setting that up CC, should be fun!

Enjoy the race tonight!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I am in!
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

OU812 (see my bio for other)
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.02.17 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Default Anyone also interested in ESPN League?

I just joined the Yahoo! league.

Last year, for the first time, I also participated in the ESPN Stock Car Challenge (in association with Jayski) league. The premise is that you have $100,000,000 each week to spend on five drivers. Each driver is assigned a dollar value, which can fluctuate from race to race. Once you assign a driver to your team, you are locked in at that driver salary cost, which protects you in case the driver's salary goes up. If you driver does poorly, and his value goes down, you simply renegotiate the salary and it gets set to the new, lower value, which gives you more cash to spend on other drivers. Renegotiating will not increase your locked in driver value if the driver value has gone up.

You can change your lineup as much as you want from race to race, but once you release a driver, if you want to add him back to your roster, you do so at the current driver salary cost.

Also, the season is split into three segments, and all driver salary values are reset, and your roster is reset, and the beginning of each segment.

Points are awarded a la NASCAR Cup points system. Whatever your driver earns in the race is what you're awarded. I don't think points are adjusted for point penalties.

What I like about this league is that if you have a particular driver you like, you can keep him on your roster all year. You're not limited to nine starts. I think the system also encourages drafting undervalued drivers that you think will perform well.

Since no points are awarded for qualifying, the deadline for picking the roster is race day. I think somewhere within an hour of the scheduled starting time.

If people are interested, I'll set up a league. I know it's a lot to manager two teams, so no hard feelings if people just want to keep to Yahoo!

Last Online

If I'm reading this correctly, this week's deadline is Feb 20 5:00am EST. Unfortunately, Yahoo does not provide me a way in which to change this (such as moving the deadline to moments before the race), as in the NFL league.
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

OU812 (see my bio for other)
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.02.17 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    If I'm reading this correctly, this week's deadline is Feb 20 5:00am EST. Unfortunately, Yahoo does not provide me a way in which to change this (such as moving the deadline to moments before the race), as in the NFL league.
    No, I wasn't implying that you change the Yahoo! league. Since the Yahoo! league awards points for qualifying, rosters are due by the start of qualifying.

I was just throwing out the idea of another league, since it seemed people were looking for something different. I had no takers, so I just joined a public group on the ESPN site. I did crappy in both leagues in Daytona.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    No, I wasn't implying that you change the Yahoo! league. Since the Yahoo! league awards points for qualifying, rosters are due by the start of qualifying.

I was just throwing out the idea of another league, since it seemed people were looking for something different. I had no takers, so I just joined a public group on the ESPN site. I did crappy in both leagues in Daytona.
    And I was not responding to your post, by any means.

It simply bugs me the way Yahoo runs things. After all, this league runs through what, November sometime? There should be ways in which to modify the options a bit.
    George Bernard Shaw