Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default Anyone tried Snap Jacks?

Just wondering if anyone has actually used these (magetic jacks). They seem pretty goofball to me but I guess I can see their merit as far as cable/input jacks being damaged if you snag a cable badly enough, but I usually just keep my cable looped behind my strap. It just seems to me that if the sucker popped out, you'd just end up looking like a complete douche chasing your cable across the stage and fumbling to reset it in your guitar. Plus their ads are fucki'n lame-ass! You know the type, the angry young men with the bad attitude cleverly positioning the plug in their hand to resemble a middle finger, while giving a "devil may care" smarmy grin. Weak! Any thoughts?
    Last edited by SLEEPER5150; 02.02.09 at 11:52 AM.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've seen them in ads, but never in person.
    Is there any sort of locking mechanism? Or is it all just "magnetic"?

If it's all "magnetic", it better be a strong f'n magnet or you're right ... you'll look like a fool chasing that thing across the stage.

As for myself ... I hate all cables.
    I prefer a wireless.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

my local guitar store stocks them, ive not really checked them out because i either use a wireless or, when recording, a regular cable. Next time im nearby i'll drop in and check them out and maybe purchase a sample and let y'all know.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dino5150 View Post
    I've seen them in ads, but never in person.
    Is there any sort of locking mechanism? Or is it all just "magnetic"?

If it's all "magnetic", it better be a strong f'n magnet or you're right ... you'll look like a fool chasing that thing across the stage.

I prefer a wireless.
    They be alllll magnetic! That's why the question. I'd consider them given the noisless switching of guitars, but I just think it's asking alot of a little magnet. I've seen some magnets that have unbelievable strenghth when pulled straight on, but when you reach the end of your cable, then you've got a sideways shear happenin' You know....like when you're trying to unstick a magnet! Just a fun question about the logic of it. They may be the greatest thing since shaved cooter....what the hell do I know?
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

heres some irony...

shortly after my last post the solder connections in one of my prefered cables broke!...lol
    easy fix i know but it does now give me a proper excuse to go out n buy one of these things, trouble is now where i live its snowed a shitload and the town/village is cut off roadwise, so when its clear i'll go grab one n let you all know.

tom

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post
    They be alllll magnetic! That's why the question. I'd consider them given the noisless switching of guitars, but I just think it's asking alot of a little magnet. I've seen some magnets that have unbelievable strenghth when pulled straight on, but when you reach the end of your cable, then you've got a sideways shear happenin' You know....like when you're trying to unstick a magnet! Just a fun question about the logic of it. They may be the greatest thing since shaved cooter....what the hell do I know?
    There is no greater thing than a shaved cooter.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

There is no greater thing than a shaved cooter.
    exept one that also gives you free beer!!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I prefer a wireless.
    Well, I guess I could be persuaded to use these cables.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2-NEW-20-ft-Righ...3A1%7C294%3A50

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Cabo Wabo/Poundcake/dropdead
    Last Online

03.24.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Looks like the left one is a tad out of tolerance. Maybe you should question the build quality of the cables. Or, perhaps, it's like the back of a Wolfgang neck... Asymetrical!
    Scott Eivins
    A&Z Guitar Repair

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i won't be running out to buy snap jacks anytime soon...I watched the demo vid on youtube, seems absolutely retarded and way to easy for that thing to slip off.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:45 AM
    Liked 11,554 Times in 4,923 Posts

Never really had an issue pulling my cord out, I just do the rock star thing and tuck it behind my strap.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!