Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I'm really worried about my dog.

we all woke up to our dog, Ruby (11 years old), at 3:30 in the morning, yelping in pain. She was unable to lift her neck very high, couldn't lie down, and seemed very vacant and unfocused. We had to carry her to the car and drive her to the ER. There, she gained her usual coherence, but still showed a lot of pain and nervousness. She's been given a narcotic, and some other relaxants and painkillers. Since she's been home, though, she's been vomiting very often, usually just water that she's drank. She has, however, been able to lie down since then. We're about to run some blood work, probably tomorrow morning. We think it could be valley fever, but nothings certain right now. I'm really freaked out, and i've had a sinking feeling in my stomach all day about it. Any advice would be great.
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Valley Fever? I've never heard of that. Have you tried gagging her with a spoon?

Sorry.
    I hope she gets better, but you might need to prepare yourself for her not getting better. Some breeds of dogs don't live past 10 or 12 years.
    If she's a very old dog, it might be getting about time for her to get out of this world and into the next one. I imagine there are lots more squirrels and rabbits in the next one, and not so many fences.

If she's a healthy, middle-aged dog, she might just be very sick and she might get over it quick. Pain and vomiting can be very bad symptoms; kidney failure, liver failure, cancer. Very bad things. They can also be symptoms of stomach upset from eating the wrong thing. My golden retriever once ate the end of my garden hose. Some dogs do stuff like that.

Whatever it is, keep her comfortable and make sure she feels safe. Hope for the best.

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Oh man that sucks.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

sorry to hear that. I don't really have any advice I can give you, as I'm not really good with pets. I can imagine it is tough because she's been with you so long.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:43 AM
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts

Donor

So sorry to hear about that. I like dogs more than most people.
    I have two dogs and have not had a situation like that, but wonder if it could be a twisted stomach? I know thats something to look out for with dogs, but I would assume an animal ER would catch that. Or a chance she got into something like antifreeze? Don't know man, just throwing out things that are coming to mind...really hope she gets better and please keep us up-to-date.

my thoughts are with her and your family.
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Favorite VH Song

tough decision
    Last Online

05.04.13 @ 04:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your dog - hoping today brings good news
    Van Halen

April 1978 Palladium, NYC
    March 1984 MSG, NYC
    July 1986 Meadowlands, NJ
    Oct 1988 Nassau Coliseum, NY
    July 1993 Jones Beach, NY
    April 1995 Nassau Coliseum, NY
    Oct 2007 Mohegan Sun, CT
    Nov 2007 Nassau Coliseum, NY
    May 2008 MSG, NYC

DLR June 2003 Westbury Music Fair, NY

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This is terrible. Please keep us posted. I have no idea what it could be, I've never heard of Valley Fever either....what kind of dog is she? If she's a poodle or lab or something else with a narrow chest, it could be a torsioned stomach...have they ruled that out?

Could someone have poisoned her?

I hate to think what it could be

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I'd second the automotive coolant theory as it has so many screwed up symptoms. I'd also wonder if she didn't get bit by some sort of spider or something. Our dog was yelping like crazy in the middle of the night and she had a knot on the side of her neck, turned out to be a spider bite.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 05:06 AM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

hope it's just a temporary illness and you get to enjoy a few more years with a happy, healthy pup.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    This is terrible. Please keep us posted. I have no idea what it could be, I've never heard of Valley Fever either
    It's mainly a thing around here, at least in the US. Dogs get it by rooting around in the dirt, least that's what my vet told me. It is treatable, just takes awhile and lots of antibiotics. People get it here too, they take diflucan and bactrim for several months at least.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 02:12 AM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

My dog had somewhat similar symptoms not too long ago. We ended up in the emergency with him. He ended up having a bad ear infection. I thought the worst though up until that time. It might not be as bad as it seems, but it's tough not to think that way until you get the results. Good luck with your dog, it is terrible when they are not well.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, Ruby's back. She's still a bit stiff in her legs and needs a little help lying down, but this medication's obviously helped her a ton. She's happy and curious as usual, and can walk around pretty easily. She's been sleeping, eating, drinking, and hasn't been "refunding" her food or water all day.

I doubt its poisoning of any kind, since nobody in my family eats much, if any chocolate, and she nevers gets into the garage, so I doubt she got into any kind of chemical. VanHalenRules, I wouldn't rule your guess out so much, since we have both spiders and scorpions around here, and about a year and a half ago I got bit by a scorpion which completely knocked me onto my ass all day, but was fine by the next day. Thanks so much, guys, i'll keep posting if anything else happens.
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds like things are looking up. That's great!

We've had issues with intestinal bacteria with dogs in the midwest over the winter. Don't know if it's that wide spread, but the funny thing is I've got 3 friends that have had sick dogs that needed to go to the vet and that's what it was. They all seemed like they were more serious.

My dog had something similar over the summer and acted like he was in so much pain that he almost couldn't move. Ended up being a treat that was very hard, made him produce tons of gas bubbles (you could see them in the xray) and was on iv fluids for a week. He would even twitch, so I thought I got into some chemical. Must have been the pain as he tried to move. Strange.

Dog food-wise, I heard that some of the recalls from that Georgia peanut product plant may include certain dog foods. Who knows if that's an issue.

My dogs (and cats) are my kids, so I know how you feel. Hope everything turns out okay!!!!! I bet it will.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Glad to hear your dog is on the mend.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

glad to hear your pup is doing better..........and by the way, don't ever let your dog have any chocolate....some dogs can eat some and not have any problems until all of a sudden they have a fatal reaction....I know someone who lost a spaniel that way...and dogs can have a habit of getting into weird stuff so it's best not to encourage them to eat something that they shouldn't

when he was a puppy I had to have my own dog's stomach pumped quite a few times....so many in fact that the vet showed me how to do it at home...I think the vet was getting tired of seeing Lucca barf

hydrogen peroxide is the puking agent and bacon flavored pepto bismol (or regular flavor in a pinch) is the antidote.....just in case any of you ever have to make your dogs hurl something up.....not to be used if the dog has eaten something caustic

"how to make your dog puke", by Daisy Hill... a VHlinks public service announcement