Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

Default Mother gets life in prison for strangling 12 year old daughter

This occurred in a nearby community, and we RARELY ever have anything like this happen anywhere around here. When this girl disappeared last year, most of suspected the mother or her boyfriend, but never like this. Please be advised folks, this story is very gruesome...

Girl begs for her life before she's strangled with piece of twine

BRIDGEWATER, N.S. - In her final moments, Karissa Boudreau dug her small hands into the frozen ground and struggled as her mother tightened the twine wrapped around her neck.

"Mommy, don't," were the last words she spoke.

The 12-year-old girl was staring into the face of her mother as Penny Boudreau pinned her only child down with her knees and pulled harder on the rough rope.

Moments later, when the little girl's heaving gasps stopped, Penny Boudreau loaded her lifeless body onto the floor of her car, discarded the twine in an empty coffee cup, and drove to the icy banks of the LaHave River to dump Karissa's remains.

The chilling details were read out in court in Bridgewater, N.S., on Friday as Boudreau admitted to killing her daughter just over a year ago on Jan. 27, 2008, in a bid to salvage her relationship with her boyfriend.

Wearing a black T-shirt and jeans and weeping throughout the hearing, Boudreau, 34, was sentenced to life in prison with no eligibility for parole for 20 years from the date of her arrest. Under the so-called faint-hope clause, she can apply for parole after 15 years.

"You can never call yourself mother," said Justice Margaret Stewart, glancing up at Boudreau. "The words, 'Mommy, don't' ... are there to haunt you for the rest of your life."

Boudreau was originally charged last June with first-degree murder in the killing of her daughter, who she reported missing the night of her death as a snowstorm swept into the region.

On Friday, Boudreau pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of second-degree murder under a plea bargain.

After sentencing, Boudreau stood up briefly to address the court.

"I'm sorry," she said in a meek whisper.

An agreed statement of facts, read into the court record, confirmed that Boudreau's boyfriend, Vernon Macumber, had told Boudreau that it was either him or her daughter if their relationship was to survive.

"Boudreau said she would do anything for Vernon and the thought of losing him was harder than the thought of losing her daughter," read Crown attorney Paul Scovil.

Speaking outside the court, Scovil explained Macumber's ultimatum to reporters.

"Our understanding was that he indicated to her, 'We have to do something within our family, you have to either choose her or me,' " he said.

"We were satisfied he did not mean ... that she was to kill Karissa."

In a victim impact statement, the girl's biological father, Paul Boudreau, wrote: "The centre of my happiness is shattered and hopes and dreams wiped away in one selfish act."

The court heard that on the night Karissa was murdered, she and her mother drove to a local grocery store.

While Karissa waited unharmed in the car, her mother placed a call to Macumber, telling him the girl had gone missing.

Scovil told the court that Boudreau then drove with her daughter to a nearby road, where the girl was told to get out and the struggle ensued.

As she dragged the girl from the car to dump the body, Karissa's jeans and underwear, with a Winnie the Pooh design, were pulled down. Boudreau thought that might suggest her daughter had been sexually assaulted, so she left them that way even though there was no such assault, details that elicited sobs and gasps from the public gallery.

Boudreau later discarded some articles of clothing and a sandal belonging to Karissa in a garbage can at a local swimming pool, which were discovered days later.

Two days after Karissa's reported disappearance, the tearful mother appeared before TV cameras, begging Karissa to come home. At the time, she said had left the girl in her car after they had argued in the parking lot of the grocery store. When she returned, the girl was gone.

On two separate occasions, Boudreau appealed to the public for help in finding the girl as search crews scoured the nearby river and wooded areas.

Karissa's frozen remains were found on the riverbank Feb. 9 by a nine-year-old boy who thought he saw toes poking out of the snow.

Police had concerns about Boudreau's involvement in the murder and they were heightened on Feb. 11 when neighbours reported details of a disturbance in her apartment.

"Macumber ... was agitated and throwing things around. He and Boudreau were going back and forth in the apartment," the statement says. "Macumber was telling her that he was leaving her."

The neighbours said it sounded like water was running and that Boudreau was in the tub as Macumber told her he wouldn't help her.

"Macumber was saying over and over, 'Penn, how could you do this,' that he was disgusted with her. Macumber was saying: 'Penn, Penn, c'mon speak Penn, how could you do this, how could you do this, I don't understand, you got me involved,' " the statement says.

Scovil told the court an elaborate, undercover ruse over the next few months led to Boudreau's arrest.

Court was told how undercover agents posing as members of a crime syndicate befriended Macumber, who denied being involved with the murder. Macumber said he had suspicions, however, that Boudreau was involved and he was staying close to her to avoid being implicated in the crime.

Undercover operators eventually convinced Boudreau they "could possibly make her 'problem' go away."

Boudreau admitted to the crime, going so far as to re-enact the action on one of the undercover agents and taking them to the scene of the murder. She also wrote a detailed account of what happened the night Karissa died.

Crown attorney Denise Smith said Boudreau's crime "defies every meaning we hold dear of what it means to be a mother."

Outside the courtroom, Paul Boudreau said Penny Boudreau had shed "crocodile tears" over the death of her daughter.

"That's all it's ever been," he said. "That's all it ever will be."

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Wow, that's horrific.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:10 PM
    Liked 1,343 Times in 921 Posts

I'm sorry and I know how some people feel it is better for them to live their life suffering from the memory, but I just don't get how someone like this gets to stay alive.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i don't mind letting them rot in jail too much...as long as they actually rot in jail and get to sit with their acts and suffer the lack of freedom. Though there is a lot to be said for just getting rid of them all together. A case like this where we have a clear and undeniable admission of guilt and conviction would seem as good as any as far as candidates for execution. Generally I'm not a supporter of the death penalty because you can't overturn executing the wrong person.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

society can be so disgusting sometimes. I can't believe a woman would kill her own flesh and blood for a guy, no matter how much she loved him. This is truly sick. And then to make it worse, she plays the whole thing out by pleading via the media for help? Oh hell, No! She needs to be butchered herself.

Eruption
    Last Online

09.23.13 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just want to cry! Send the child to go live with her father you degenerate bitch. My God! How??? How???? Nobody, and I mean NOBODY should be more important then your child. I would have told the bastard to take a hike, after all, there are plenty of fish in the sea and I am sure someone else would love the child as his own. Disgusting!

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

I cant even begin to understand how a mother could do this to her baby and to keep a man???? It's horrific in every conceivable way. For a child to die crying to her mother like that sends cold shivers down my spine. How inhuman could that murdering bitch be!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:11 PM
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

is there not a lion that this bitch could be fed to? Is that not possible? We got to re-write some of our laws to deal with situations like this. I'm not pro-capital punishment in most cases but this one would certainly be a prime candidate. And the scary thing is that in 15 to 20 years she'll be free. Disgusting.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Wake View Post
    society can be so disgusting sometimes. I can't believe a woman would kill her own flesh and blood for a guy, no matter how much she loved him. This is truly sick. And then to make it worse, she plays the whole thing out by pleading via the media for help? Oh hell, No! She needs to be butchered herself.
    Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

You absolve a utility company for failing to help a 93-year old WWII vet, who froze to death in his own home. Yet call this woman truly sick and for her to be butchered.

You, sir, are the disgusting part of society.
    Last edited by RRMB; 02.01.09 at 01:11 PM.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel View Post
    I cant even begin to understand how a mother could do this to her baby and to keep a man???? It's horrific in every conceivable way. For a child to die crying to her mother like that sends cold shivers down my spine. How inhuman could that murdering bitch be!
    Susan Smith, anyone?
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    i don't mind letting them rot in jail too much...as long as they actually rot in jail and get to sit with their acts and suffer the lack of freedom. Though there is a lot to be said for just getting rid of them all together. A case like this where we have a clear and undeniable admission of guilt and conviction would seem as good as any as far as candidates for execution. Generally I'm not a supporter of the death penalty because you can't overturn executing the wrong person.

Granted, not everything boils down to money, but why should each of us have to pay for a person like this to live for another 40 years?

I know it's a Canadian case, so it doesn't apply here, but let's face it, our jails are over run with the bottom feeders of our society, most of which have no remorse for what they've done, only that they got caught.

THAT money could go to plenty of other places where honest, law-abiding people need help, instead of a 40 year bill to keep some scum alive that doesn't deserve it.

Charlie Manson will NEVER get out of jail, yet the hardworking folks of California have been providing him clothes, food, housing, and medical treatment since 1970.......seeing how things are there nowadays, I'm sure they'd like to second guess that decision, maybe some of them would be getting tax returns this year.
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post
    Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

You absolve a utility company for failing to help a 93-year old WWII vet, who froze to death in his own home. Yet call this woman truly sick and for her to be butchered.

You, sir, are the disgusting part of society.
    Whoa RRMB, back up just a sec. In truth, as horrible as the vets death is and as easy as it is to blame the electric company, in truth, the bill was not paid and it would seem that there wasn't a call made to ask for assistance. If the comments are true, the gentleman had the money clipped to the bill but failed to pay it. We can only help those who ask for it.

In my mind as I posted in the thread, where is the vets family, where are the neighbors checking on him? We would all be better served to take care of our own and those around us than expecting a utility company to determine who needs help. However, even the utilities will provide assistance if asked. It is a tragedy but I don't know if we can lay the blame on them.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

[QUOTE=Redrockinmonkeyboy;1094934]Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

You, sir, are the disgusting part of society.[/QUOTE

There's a big difference between someone not paying a bill and the electricity company doing nothing other than adding it to the new balance vs a woman who killed her own child and then had the audacity to go on TV and act like here child was a runaway/abuction case. It's more of an issue of A) a 93 year old man not living on his own or B) a specific government fund that, I know, you and I pay for a guy like that. I'm not saying I don't feel bad for the guy. Freezing to death is not my ideal way of dying, I'm just saying you really can't expect the Electricity company to take responsibility for this. That was all my point was. Nothing more. Nothing less. I'm not sure how that makes me a hypocrite.
    Last edited by Naked Wake; 02.01.09 at 04:42 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by loveevhsince79 View Post
    Whoa RRMB, back up just a sec. In truth, as horrible as the vets death is and as easy as it is to blame the electric company, in truth, the bill was not paid and it would seem that there wasn't a call made to ask for assistance. If the comments are true, the gentleman had the money clipped to the bill but failed to pay it. We can only help those who ask for it.

In my mind as I posted in the thread, where is the vets family, where are the neighbors checking on him? We would all be better served to take care of our own and those around us than expecting a utility company to determine who needs help. However, even the utilities will provide assistance if asked. It is a tragedy but I don't know if we can lay the blame on them.
    thank you.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lodewijk View Post
    Granted, not everything boils down to money, but why should each of us have to pay for a person like this to live for another 40 years?

I know it's a Canadian case, so it doesn't apply here, but let's face it, our jails are over run with the bottom feeders of our society, most of which have no remorse for what they've done, only that they got caught.

THAT money could go to plenty of other places where honest, law-abiding people need help, instead of a 40 year bill to keep some scum alive that doesn't deserve it.

Charlie Manson will NEVER get out of jail, yet the hardworking folks of California have been providing him clothes, food, housing, and medical treatment since 1970.......seeing how things are there nowadays, I'm sure they'd like to second guess that decision, maybe some of them would be getting tax returns this year.

Chuckie Manson WAS given the death penalty. Governor Moonbeam commuted it to life without parole.

For the woman in question, I think that life in prison is a better fit for the crime. She is selfish and I can think of no better punishment than for a spoiled brat to spend the rest of her days as a number in a small, baron cell.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300