Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Something seriously wrong with the search function on the board.

Brett, I think there is something seriously wrong with the board. So far, there have been five (and counting) different threads on the VH asteroid game, I believe three threads on the DLR Running With The Devil mashup, and two or three threads on the new Sammy interview. If this problem is not addressed soon, the board may crash from all of the duplicate threads.

It is my personal theory that OLO is behind all of this somehow and he must be stopped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

This is going to sound odd coming from me (the guy that used to harp on folks the most for duplicating threads), yet in a way I find the continued posting of this game by folks sort of endearing. What's been happening is that a handful of posters who may or may not have been away from the site for a couple days have stumbled across this thing, and in their exuberance to share it with their fellow VH fans, may have overlooked another thread about it. The fact is, although the game is terrific, there has been very little in the way of commentary on it, so the thread tends to slip down the page in any event. This isn't like when the board has been discussing a subject for several days, where a thread builds up to 7-8 pages and then some dimwit comes along and offers another thread on the same subject right above it.

I truly believe that people are offering the game on good faith and with only the best intentions. Unfortunately, we all know that the road to hell is paved with them.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

This reminds me... Have you guys seen that youtube video of Billy Idol covering "Jump"?

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    This is going to sound odd coming from me (the guy that used to harp on folks the most for duplicating threads), yet in a way I find the continued posting of this game by folks sort of endearing. What's been happening is that a handful of posters who may or may not have been away from the site for a couple days have stumbled across this thing, and in their exuberance to share it with their fellow VH fans, may have overlooked another thread about it. The fact is, although the game is terrific, there has been very little in the way of commentary on it, so the thread tends to slip down the page in any event. This isn't like when the board has been discussing a subject for several days, where a thread builds up to 7-8 pages and then some dimwit comes along and offers another thread on the same subject right above it.

I truly believe that people are offering the game on good faith and with only the best intentions. Unfortunately, we all know that the road to hell is paved with them.

Good to see ya around chef.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The bottom line is some people live here and then some people visit here. The ones that live here know what goes on in the house. The visitors stop by and say whats up but dont know what was discussed at the dinner table the night before. No big deal. What makes me laugh at the people who get annoyed with these threads is that the more they post there frustrations then the longer the pointless thread continues and this is exaclty what they dont want . haha