Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:41 AM
    Liked 193 Times in 97 Posts

Default Cabo Wabo Cantina

A good friend of mine (who is the singer in my band and a huge Sammy fan) just got back from Cabo. I immediately asked him if he made it to the Cabo Wabo Cantina, and he did. He told me that out of all the places they went in Cabo, they didn't have a good experience there. Couldn't get anyone to wait on them, and when they did the wait staff seemed inconvenienced to have to take their order, and didn't get the order right. In the gift shop there, the sales person in the shop was rude and wouldn't give him a straight answer on prices of merchandise etc.

Interesting thing was that my friend was there the same Saturday that Sammy was supposed to be there to shutdown Cabo Wabo Radio. I would have thought the place would have had some energy there since Sammy was there that day.

Has anyone else been, and experienced this type of service at CWC?
    ~ I like the way the line runs up the back of her stockings ~

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Nope, I was there in early Nov. of '05 on a weekday afternoon and everything was great. We got drinks at the bar, ordered food, and bought tequila from the gift shop. Everyone we interacted with was cool. Sorry to hear about your friends experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:41 AM
    Liked 193 Times in 97 Posts

Maybe he just got people who were stressed that day.
    ~ I like the way the line runs up the back of her stockings ~

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It's always fascinating how the wrong people at the wrong time can ruin a place's reputation, particularly if it's the first time some goes somewhere.

For instance, I have almost always had incredibly positive experiences with my local guitar centers. Obviously a lot of other people have had horrific experiences.

I went to a feed store the other day to buy food for my mastiff/lab puppies. My wife went there a few weeks back and raved about her experience for days. I went and they didn't even thank me for my purchase...didn't have any enthusiasm or appreciation and didn't respond to my mentioning that I had four dogs and would be buying all my food there and an inquiry if they had a frequent buyer program. I walked out feeling completely unappreciated, like I was an interuption in their day...despite having spent almost a hundred bucks in one shot. So if someone asks me, I tell them the place sucked. Ask my wife and it's the best place in the world.

We went on a carnival cruise for our honeymoon. We might as well had been on completely different trips because every staff member I spoke to practically tripped over themselves to accomodate me. My wife couldn't get a glass of water without asking for a manager. Ask me and I'll tell you carnival rocked. Ask her and she'll never go on one again.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:13 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBHarris View Post
    A good friend of mine (who is the singer in my band and a huge Sammy fan) just got back from Cabo. I immediately asked him if he made it to the Cabo Wabo Cantina, and he did. He told me that out of all the places they went in Cabo, they didn't have a good experience there. Couldn't get anyone to wait on them, and when they did the wait staff seemed inconvenienced to have to take their order, and didn't get the order right. In the gift shop there, the sales person in the shop was rude and wouldn't give him a straight answer on prices of merchandise etc.

Interesting thing was that my friend was there the same Saturday that Sammy was supposed to be there to shutdown Cabo Wabo Radio. I would have thought the place would have had some energy there since Sammy was there that day.

Has anyone else been, and experienced this type of service at CWC?

Never at the restaurant/bar. Everytime I've gone we are treated like kings.

The store is another story. One of the girls has been there since I went there the first time in 1996. Her attitude is pretty laid back where she can come across as not caring. A lot of people say the staff is rude.

I asked Jorge once why they keep these girls and he said they can be trusted. They had some issues with employees stealing cash/merchandise from the store. He said they can trust these girls and that goes a long way in Mexico. They're willing to put up with a little attitude in order to keep trustworthy employees.

Sorry to hear your friend had a bad experience.
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 04:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have been to Cabo twice (1996) and Oct (2007), we had a great time both times we were there and the service was great.....I am sure it was just a one time thing, every bar /restaurant has their days when things are off....Take it with a grain of salt (Lime not included) !....Bottoms up.
    [/SIGPIC]See Ya Derek !....5150canuck

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

07.29.15 @ 10:57 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Default What's the best way to plan a trip to Cabo?

I was thinking it'd be really fun to go to Cabo this October and see one of Sammy's birthday bash concerts. (Assuming he does it this year!)

I've never been before, but my brother and I really want to go. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to plan this, or is there a site or faq somewhere that explains how to do it?

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.24.13 @ 12:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JHawkZZ View Post
    I was thinking it'd be really fun to go to Cabo this October and see one of Sammy's birthday bash concerts. (Assuming he does it this year!)

I've never been before, but my brother and I really want to go. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to plan this, or is there a site or faq somewhere that explains how to do it?
    My bride and I have been there seven times since our honeymoon in 93, so I can answer specific questions for you, but if you want a true Cabo expert, send a PM to KT. She's awesome and is always happy to share Cabo trip ideas.

As for the Cabo Wabo, after visiting Cabo this often, I can say it's a great place to end the night. But for sure, start drinking somewhere else. Buy some cheap tacos for dinner, grab some drinks at a cheaper bar and then head to CW for dancing and a shot or two.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    It's always fascinating how the wrong people at the wrong time can ruin a place's reputation, particularly if it's the first time some goes somewhere.

For instance, I have almost always had incredibly positive experiences with my local guitar centers. Obviously a lot of other people have had horrific experiences.

I went to a feed store the other day to buy food for my mastiff/lab puppies. My wife went there a few weeks back and raved about her experience for days. I went and they didn't even thank me for my purchase...didn't have any enthusiasm or appreciation and didn't respond to my mentioning that I had four dogs and would be buying all my food there and an inquiry if they had a frequent buyer program. I walked out feeling completely unappreciated, like I was an interuption in their day...despite having spent almost a hundred bucks in one shot. So if someone asks me, I tell them the place sucked. Ask my wife and it's the best place in the world.

We went on a carnival cruise for our honeymoon. We might as well had been on completely different trips because every staff member I spoke to practically tripped over themselves to accomodate me. My wife couldn't get a glass of water without asking for a manager. Ask me and I'll tell you carnival rocked. Ask her and she'll never go on one again.
    You're right there. A mate of mine was raving to me about the performance of this girl he was with and yet, another mate, who went later (maybe 5th) said it was like doing a dead fish.

Perception, perception...
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 04:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here is what I would do if I wanted to go see him play and had never been there...

Sammy plays for a week leading up to Oct 13th, yes tickets are free if you want to line up all night (some pay the locals to line up for them) do the dinner package for $60US gets you dinner at the Cabo Wabo and you get in to the bar before anyone else. You will still have to line up but not as long, go to a show early in the week and you should have no problem....Cabo Wabo is not a very big bar, any seat or spot is great there, if you do the dinner package you will get right up to the stage for the show....Watch out for the Waboritas, they are killier.....Salt shaker little lick of lime !....Have fun, it's my favourite place to travel to....Bottoms Up !
    [/SIGPIC]See Ya Derek !....5150canuck

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.17.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tell your friend to not wear his DLR 'Crazy From The Heat' shirt next time he goes and I bet his service will improve.
    If you want a little peace, sometimes you got to fight
    We got to walk through the darkness
    Before we stand in the light.
    -S. Hagar

http://www.chickenfoot.us/