Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 93
  1. #1
    Eruption
    Join Date
    08.21.07
    Posts
    753
    Last Online

    02.15.10 @ 08:33 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default California Sucks

    DAMN.



    ABC News' Teddy Davis Reports:

    ABC News has learned that tax refunds are now on hold in California for the first time in state history, according to the state controller's office.

    "Unfortunately, we have asked the California Franchise Tax Board not to send over tax refund claims beginning today because we will not be able to process them and have them out the door by Feb. 1 when a 30-day delay in tax refunds goes into effect," Hallye Jordan, spokeswoman to California State Controller John Chiang, tells ABC News.

    During the 30-day delay, the controller's office estimates that a combined 2.74 million California individuals and businesses will have their tax refund delayed.

    The controller's office estimates that the delay in tax refunds will free up $1.99 billion over the next month to pay for education, debt service, and other payments that legally have first claim to state funds.

    California has had no money in its general fund for the past 17 months, and has been paying its bills by borrowing from Wall Street and special internal funds.

    If the state's legislators and governor do not reach a budget agreement that brings immediate funds into the state's coffers, the state's borrowed funds will be entirely exhausted at the end of February, according to the controller's office.

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nothingontv View Post
    DAMN.



    ABC News' Teddy Davis Reports:

    ABC News has learned that tax refunds are now on hold in California for the first time in state history, according to the state controller's office.

    "Unfortunately, we have asked the California Franchise Tax Board not to send over tax refund claims beginning today because we will not be able to process them and have them out the door by Feb. 1 when a 30-day delay in tax refunds goes into effect," Hallye Jordan, spokeswoman to California State Controller John Chiang, tells ABC News.

    During the 30-day delay, the controller's office estimates that a combined 2.74 million California individuals and businesses will have their tax refund delayed.

    The controller's office estimates that the delay in tax refunds will free up $1.99 billion over the next month to pay for education, debt service, and other payments that legally have first claim to state funds.

    California has had no money in its general fund for the past 17 months, and has been paying its bills by borrowing from Wall Street and special internal funds.

    If the state's legislators and governor do not reach a budget agreement that brings immediate funds into the state's coffers, the state's borrowed funds will be entirely exhausted at the end of February, according to the controller's office.

    damn, that blows. what a cluster-fuck.

  3. #3
    Hang 'Em High sickman's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.13.04
    Posts
    6,170
    Favorite VH Album

    Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

    Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Likes
    548
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Glad to see Arnold fixed things.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Somewhere out there, Gray Davis is smoking a fatty, getting a hummer from an 18-year old UC-Santa Cruz freshman in her own dorm, and laughing the fuck at all of us.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  5. #5
    Eruption
    Join Date
    08.21.07
    Posts
    753
    Last Online

    02.15.10 @ 08:33 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    You can hardly blame this Arnold. The man has tried everything and is getting shutdown every where he turns. No one is willing to give up money. He wanted to cut all state employee's wages to minimum wage until they came up with a budget but the California treasurely would not sign it.

    He did not go to the RNC convention and urged other republicans and democrats to do the same- which most ignored and went anyways.

    He may even raise taxes.

    Apparenty once you give a cause money, they want to keep it every year.

    Mean while- Obama signs a bill to give 400 million for abortions oversees. Nice.

    Point is- California has too many worthless programs and too many state employees that do nothing but waste space.


    I have a way to fix the budget and make this state more efficent.

    For all California State Employees:

    WE HAVE OUTSOURCED YOUR JOB TO THE PRIVATE SECTOR

  6. #6
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    68,722
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 01:49 AM
    Likes
    1,264
    Liked 11,578 Times in 4,934 Posts

    Default

    You can blame worthless Gray Davis for this, not Arnold. If he had his way, this crap would have been fixed years ago. Gray Davis set this state back 10 years with his mismanagement.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

  7. #7
    Eruption
    Join Date
    08.21.07
    Posts
    753
    Last Online

    02.15.10 @ 08:33 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Damn Gay Davis.

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nothingontv View Post
    You can hardly blame this Arnold. The man has tried everything and is getting shutdown every where he turns. No one is willing to give up money. He wanted to cut all state employee's wages to minimum wage until they came up with a budget but the California treasurely would not sign it.

    He did not go to the RNC convention and urged other republicans and democrats to do the same- which most ignored and went anyways.

    He may even raise taxes.

    Apparenty once you give a cause money, they want to keep it every year.

    Mean while- Obama signs a bill to give 400 million for abortions oversees. Nice.

    Point is- California has too many worthless programs and too many state employees that do nothing but waste space.


    I have a way to fix the budget and make this state more efficent.

    For all California State Employees:

    WE HAVE OUTSOURCED YOUR JOB TO THE PRIVATE SECTOR
    what bill are you referring to? Do you have a link? I'd be interested in reading about it.

  9. #9
    Hang 'Em High sickman's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.13.04
    Posts
    6,170
    Favorite VH Album

    Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

    Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Likes
    548
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nothingontv View Post
    You can hardly blame this Arnold. The man has tried everything and is getting shutdown every where he turns. No one is willing to give up money. He wanted to cut all state employee's wages to minimum wage until they came up with a budget but the California treasurely would not sign it.

    He did not go to the RNC convention and urged other republicans and democrats to do the same- which most ignored and went anyways.

    He may even raise taxes.

    Apparenty once you give a cause money, they want to keep it every year.

    Mean while- Obama signs a bill to give 400 million for abortions oversees. Nice.

    Point is- California has too many worthless programs and too many state employees that do nothing but waste space.


    I have a way to fix the budget and make this state more efficent.

    For all California State Employees:

    WE HAVE OUTSOURCED YOUR JOB TO THE PRIVATE SECTOR
    Well since you guys have so many self riotous actors and actresses so willing to change and help out their fellow Americans now, maybe they could donate lets say 80% of that 20 million they are going to get for their next film and put it towards some worth while state funds. It was more of a smart ass comment about Arnold than anything. You guys were fucked long before Arnold could pronounce California.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.01
    Age
    59
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,038
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Likes
    4,487
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    How about Bill Gates,George Soros loaning California about 2 billion. And why is there no standard for elected officals like in the private sector .Voting is not working...they should be judged in some additional way ,we have so many fiscal boobs in office around the USA.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

  11. #11
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    07.26.07
    Age
    47
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Down in Flames
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Likes
    1,164
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    what bill are you referring to? Do you have a link? I'd be interested in reading about it.
    It wasn't a bill. It was an executive order re-reversing the "Mexico City policy", which says that federal funds won't be used to fund foreign groups that provide abortions. Bill Clinton reversed it when he beat Bush41, Bush43 reversed the reverse, and now Obama has reversed the reverse of the reverse. Just depends on who has the ball...

    Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    Well since you guys have so many self riotous actors and actresses...
    I think this is unintentional, but I think it's funny. Many of them do like to make a scene, don't they...?
    Posted from yo' mama's house.


  12. #12
    Eruption
    Join Date
    08.21.07
    Posts
    753
    Last Online

    02.15.10 @ 08:33 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    what bill are you referring to? Do you have a link? I'd be interested in reading about it.
    Well the bill got drafted, don't think it got farther than that.

    http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jul...al/me-budget24

    Wait... you are talking about the Obama thing... Yeah not a Bill Sorry. Regardless, it is 400 million of our money going to other countries to eliminate fetuses.

    I can think of a better way of spending 400 mil... Give me my DAMN tax return you owe me 4K !!!
    Last edited by nothingontv; 01.28.09 at 02:26 PM.

  13. #13
    Baluchitherium loveevhsince79's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.22.04
    Location
    Cols, OH
    Posts
    5,420
    Last Online

    10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nothingontv View Post
    Well the bill got drafted, don't think it got farther than that.

    http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jul...al/me-budget24

    Wait... you are talking about the Obama thing... Yeah not a Bill Sorry. Regardless, it is 400 million of our money going to other countries to eliminate fetuses.

    I can think of a better way of spending 400 mil... Give me my DAMN tax return you owe me 4K !!!
    Perhaps you should redo your exemptions to be sure this doesn't happen again. It sounds like it's much better to try to break even or even owe a bit.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

  14. #14
    Eruption
    Join Date
    08.21.07
    Posts
    753
    Last Online

    02.15.10 @ 08:33 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I know damnit.

    I want my 4 K !

  15. #15
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    10.19.03
    Location
    Lees Summit, MO
    Posts
    3,472
    Last Online

    10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loveevhsince79 View Post
    Perhaps you should redo your exemptions to be sure this doesn't happen again. It sounds like it's much better to try to break even or even owe a bit.
    Exactly. If you have that large of a refund, you should change your withholdings.

    It's nice to get a chunk of money, but if you think about it, your basically giving the government an interest free loan.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. I came home from California for THIS???
    By Wolfman in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02.23.03, 02:19 PM
  2. California Girls
    By Bob_R in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01.14.03, 04:19 PM
  3. MY CALIFORNIA VACATION
    By VH5150 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07.11.02, 08:20 AM
  4. MY CALIFORNIA VACATION
    By VH5150 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07.10.02, 05:22 PM
  5. California Legislation
    By ANGEL4U in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04.19.02, 05:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •