Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

02.15.10 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default California Sucks

DAMN.

ABC News' Teddy Davis Reports:

ABC News has learned that tax refunds are now on hold in California for the first time in state history, according to the state controller's office.

"Unfortunately, we have asked the California Franchise Tax Board not to send over tax refund claims beginning today because we will not be able to process them and have them out the door by Feb. 1 when a 30-day delay in tax refunds goes into effect," Hallye Jordan, spokeswoman to California State Controller John Chiang, tells ABC News.

During the 30-day delay, the controller's office estimates that a combined 2.74 million California individuals and businesses will have their tax refund delayed.

The controller's office estimates that the delay in tax refunds will free up $1.99 billion over the next month to pay for education, debt service, and other payments that legally have first claim to state funds.

California has had no money in its general fund for the past 17 months, and has been paying its bills by borrowing from Wall Street and special internal funds.

If the state's legislators and governor do not reach a budget agreement that brings immediate funds into the state's coffers, the state's borrowed funds will be entirely exhausted at the end of February, according to the controller's office.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by nothingontv View Post
    DAMN.

ABC News' Teddy Davis Reports:

ABC News has learned that tax refunds are now on hold in California for the first time in state history, according to the state controller's office.

"Unfortunately, we have asked the California Franchise Tax Board not to send over tax refund claims beginning today because we will not be able to process them and have them out the door by Feb. 1 when a 30-day delay in tax refunds goes into effect," Hallye Jordan, spokeswoman to California State Controller John Chiang, tells ABC News.

During the 30-day delay, the controller's office estimates that a combined 2.74 million California individuals and businesses will have their tax refund delayed.

The controller's office estimates that the delay in tax refunds will free up $1.99 billion over the next month to pay for education, debt service, and other payments that legally have first claim to state funds.

California has had no money in its general fund for the past 17 months, and has been paying its bills by borrowing from Wall Street and special internal funds.

If the state's legislators and governor do not reach a budget agreement that brings immediate funds into the state's coffers, the state's borrowed funds will be entirely exhausted at the end of February, according to the controller's office.

damn, that blows. what a cluster-fuck.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

Glad to see Arnold fixed things.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Somewhere out there, Gray Davis is smoking a fatty, getting a hummer from an 18-year old UC-Santa Cruz freshman in her own dorm, and laughing the fuck at all of us.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You can hardly blame this Arnold. The man has tried everything and is getting shutdown every where he turns. No one is willing to give up money. He wanted to cut all state employee's wages to minimum wage until they came up with a budget but the California treasurely would not sign it.

He did not go to the RNC convention and urged other republicans and democrats to do the same- which most ignored and went anyways.

He may even raise taxes.

Apparenty once you give a cause money, they want to keep it every year.

Mean while- Obama signs a bill to give 400 million for abortions oversees. Nice.

Point is- California has too many worthless programs and too many state employees that do nothing but waste space.

I have a way to fix the budget and make this state more efficent.

For all California State Employees:

WE HAVE OUTSOURCED YOUR JOB TO THE PRIVATE SECTOR

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:49 AM
    Liked 11,578 Times in 4,934 Posts

You can blame worthless Gray Davis for this, not Arnold. If he had his way, this crap would have been fixed years ago. Gray Davis set this state back 10 years with his mismanagement.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Damn Gay Davis.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You can hardly blame this Arnold. The man has tried everything and is getting shutdown every where he turns. No one is willing to give up money. He wanted to cut all state employee's wages to minimum wage until they came up with a budget but the California treasurely would not sign it.

He did not go to the RNC convention and urged other republicans and democrats to do the same- which most ignored and went anyways.

He may even raise taxes.

Mean while- Obama signs a bill to give 400 million for abortions oversees. Nice.

Point is- California has too many worthless programs and too many state employees that do nothing but waste space.

what bill are you referring to? Do you have a link? I'd be interested in reading about it.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

He may even raise taxes.

Well since you guys have so many self riotous actors and actresses so willing to change and help out their fellow Americans now, maybe they could donate lets say 80% of that 20 million they are going to get for their next film and put it towards some worth while state funds. It was more of a smart ass comment about Arnold than anything. You guys were fucked long before Arnold could pronounce California.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

How about Bill Gates,George Soros loaning California about 2 billion. And why is there no standard for elected officals like in the private sector .Voting is not working...they should be judged in some additional way ,we have so many fiscal boobs in office around the USA.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    what bill are you referring to? Do you have a link? I'd be interested in reading about it.
    It wasn't a bill. It was an executive order re-reversing the "Mexico City policy", which says that federal funds won't be used to fund foreign groups that provide abortions. Bill Clinton reversed it when he beat Bush41, Bush43 reversed the reverse, and now Obama has reversed the reverse of the reverse. Just depends on who has the ball...

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    Well since you guys have so many self riotous actors and actresses...
    I think this is unintentional, but I think it's funny. Many of them do like to make a scene, don't they...?
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    Well the bill got drafted, don't think it got farther than that.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jul...al/me-budget24

Wait... you are talking about the Obama thing... Yeah not a Bill Sorry. Regardless, it is 400 million of our money going to other countries to eliminate fetuses.

I can think of a better way of spending 400 mil... Give me my DAMN tax return you owe me 4K !!!
    Last edited by nothingontv; 01.28.09 at 02:26 PM.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well the bill got drafted, don't think it got farther than that.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jul...al/me-budget24

Wait... you are talking about the Obama thing... Yeah not a Bill Sorry. Regardless, it is 400 million of our money going to other countries to eliminate fetuses.

I can think of a better way of spending 400 mil... Give me my DAMN tax return you owe me 4K !!!
    Perhaps you should redo your exemptions to be sure this doesn't happen again. It sounds like it's much better to try to break even or even owe a bit.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know damnit.

I want my 4 K !

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loveevhsince79 View Post
    Perhaps you should redo your exemptions to be sure this doesn't happen again. It sounds like it's much better to try to break even or even owe a bit.
    Exactly. If you have that large of a refund, you should change your withholdings.

It's nice to get a chunk of money, but if you think about it, your basically giving the government an interest free loan.