Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"There was an officer who came out of the house throwing up."

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- It was described as one of the most grisly scenes Los Angeles police had ever encountered: the bodies of five small children and their parents, all shot to death, in two upstairs rooms of the family's home.

"The reaction on their faces was not a pretty sight," neighbor Jasmine Gomez told CNN. "There was an officer who came out of the house throwing up."

But even more incomprehensible to some was the story that emerged after the bodies were found Tuesday: A father who, after he and his wife were fired from their jobs, killed all six family members before turning the gun on himself.

In a letter faxed to Los Angeles television station KABC before his suicide, Ervin Antonio Lupoe blamed his former employer for the deaths, detailing his grievance against Kaiser Permanente's West Los Angeles Medical Center, where he and his wife Ana had worked as technicians.

Lupoe claimed the couple was being investigated for "misrepresentation of our employment to an outside agency for the benefit to ourselves's [sic], childcare." He said the initial interview was held on December 19, and when he reported for work on December 23, "I was told by my administrator ... that 'You should not even have bothered to come to work today. You should have blown your brains out.'"

Kaiser Permanente said in a statement Tuesday night that while the company is "saddened by the despair in Mr. Lupoe's letter faxed to the media ... we are confident that no one told him to take his own life or the lives of his family."

The Lupoes' employment was terminated over a week ago "after an internal investigation," the company said.

Lupoe wrote in the fax, "after a horrendous ordeal my wife felt it better to end our lives and why leave our children in someone else's hands ... we have no job and 5 children under 8 years with no place to go. So here we are."

Among those struggling to comprehend the news was Lupoe's 83-year-old grandmother, Josephine Lupoe of Atlanta, Georgia. She sobbed as she told CNN, "I just can't believe it."

She said Lupoe was born in Atlanta, but moved to Detroit, Michigan, with his parents as a child before moving to California. She recalled visiting the family when they lived in San Jose, California, "but that was years ago," she said. "I hadn't been to visit them since he got married and moved."

She said she last heard from him when he called her to say they were having a second set of twins.

"Every time I called, he was at work," Josephine Lupoe said. "He worked a lot, and even when I talked with him, he would be at work." But she said she had no indication of problems within the family.

She said she had spoken with Lupoe's mother a couple of days ago, and they discussed his sending pictures of the boys. "And then I hear this," she said tearfully.

Lupoe's mother was on the way to California on Wednesday, she said, but Josephine Lupoe said she is unable to travel.

Authorities said Lupoe and the three girls, identified by the Los Angeles Times as 8-year-old Brittney and twin 5-year-olds Jaszmin and Jasseley, were found in one upstairs room. Ana Lupoe and the boys -- twin 2-year-olds Benjamin and Christian, according to the newspaper -- were in another.

Police believe Lupoe also called 911, about the same time KABC was notifying police they had been contacted by a person who was threatening suicide. In the 911 call, police said, Lupoe reported returning home and finding his family dead.

Lupoe's co-workers told the Times they remembered the Lupoes as cheerful, good workers and caring parents.

Ana Lupoe was "always talking about the kids," said co-worker Hamlet Narvaez.

Cherise Pounders-Caver, principal of the children's school, Crescent Heights Elementary, said Lupoe showed up to check the three older children out of school about two weeks ago and told her the family was moving to Kansas, the Times reported.

The deaths sent shock waves across the city and beyond.

"It's sad that this happens anywhere, you know?" neighbor Jose Rodriguez told KABC. "You see it on the news but you never really become accustomed to it.

"I have kids, too, and grandkids," he said. "It hits home."
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I think I'M gonna throw up. Man, that's SAD.

I can't even make it all the way through that thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Eruption
    Last Online

01.10.13 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That is terrible, I hope this does not start some kind of trend I am sure if he would have been more rational, yes times would have been hard, he could have found his way out of it eventually. Permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

what a mess. I don't even know where to begin...something tells me that he and his wife did not have a discussion over coffee where they decided it was best to kill themselves and the kids. what a bastard.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:49 PM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

I remember a similar case last year in Cali where a husband killed his wife, kids and mother in law along with himself after loosing his job. Just sad.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Eruption
    Last Online

02.15.10 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

F'ing stupid people. There had to be signs that lead to this, why the F did no one pick up on them !

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

The level of despondency and desperation out there is rising. I think we've just seen the beginning. Sad thing is, I understand this.

Not killing the family, no. I mean I understand the deep feeling of hopelessness and desperation from losing a job all too well. I've been laid off at least half a dozen times since the late 90's and I fear I'm gonna find myself in it again really soon here.

I dont own any guns and I've never, ever attempted suicide. But I've sure as fuck been drinking a lot more lately and recently dropped watching the nightly news as a part of my routine as the bad news is really really starting to hit me. I'm just thankful that no one is depending on me for food or support, that today I still happen to be employed, and said job keeps me very busy lately (I actually have to travel upstate to help out in another building this weekend).

But I read this story and I think, yeah.....it's coming to that. More and more often. And its a goddamn shame as I think it was easier to avoid than most of would think. As nothingontv said above, someone close should or could have seen something was amiss in that house. We may never know the full story.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think we would like to believe that there was some sign but maybe the only people who had a clue are now dead. I think sometimes, a switch clicks and a person just checks out. I can only hope that for the children, it was instant.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum View Post
    The level of despondency and desperation out there is rising. I think we've just seen the beginning. Sad thing is, I understand this.
    I agree 100% with you on that. During the last great depression of course it happened too but people were much closer, more community minded and I gather, far less selfish than today's.

I doubt that this kind of thing will be making the news in a year's time. It could be commonplace.

I honestly see the next few years as being quite a pivotal moment in the first world's history. Either people will start to pull together and maybe we get through this, or everything just goes batshit - crime goes through the stratosphere and we get a sad taste of what so many others in the world have been dealing with for a long time.

And the sorry thing might just be, that our so-called civilised societies realise that we aren't quite as civilised as we thought as we sit there wondering how the fuck Africa and Asia have beeen so restrained all these years.

Sad and worrying times are fast a coming.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    I agree 100% with you on that. During the last great depression of course it happened too but people were much closer, more community minded and I gather, far less selfish than today's.

I doubt that this kind of thing will be making the news in a year's time. It could be commonplace.

I honestly see the next few years as being quite a pivotal moment in the first world's history. Either people will start to pull together and maybe we get through this, or everything just goes batshit - crime goes through the stratosphere and we get a sad taste of what so many others in the world have been dealing with for a long time.

And the sorry thing might just be, that our so-called civilised societies realise that we aren't quite as civilised as we thought as we sit there wondering how the fuck Africa and Asia have beeen so restrained all these years.

Sad and worrying times are fast a coming.
    you don't have to look very far...look at the level of savagery that people fell to during the whole katrina deal....people were being shot in the streets. I have an old work associate that lived there during that time and came to Houston. He said his brother (or friend I can't remember) was a cop and that we don't know half the story of what was going on. Then the mess in the astrodome. This girl that worked at the art gallery I was at took a few days to volunteer. She was passing out subway sandwiches that had been donated and people were throwing them at here because they didn't like mayo or mustard or wanted turkey instead of ham etc.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:55 PM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

I'm not sure this was despondency and des.peration as much as bitterness, and anger and a vendetta to make his employer look bad and responsible for his problems

am I to understand that he felt his children were better off dead, than in the hands of others? that is the absolute height of selfcenteredness....

senseless

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I'm not sure this was despondency and des.peration as much as bitterness, and anger and a vendetta to make his employer look bad and responsible for his problems

am I to understand that he felt his children were better off dead, than in the hands of others? that is the absolute height of selfcenteredness....

senseless
    Oh dont get me wrong, I thought the guy was grade-A batshit for what he did to his family. When I speak of despondency and desperation, I'm not referring just to this murderer. Not at all.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post

Unfortunately, I think you could very well be right. From a suburb of Columbus, we have this news story today.

By Donna Willis
    Web Content Coordinator
    Published: January 28, 2009

WHITEHALL, Ohio – Police are investigating a possible murder-suicide after four bodies were found inside a Whitehall home Wednesday.

Police responded to a home on Beechwood Road at about 1:30 p.m. after detectives received a call from a concerned family member, NBC 4‘s Candice Lee reported.

The relative who called police indicated there may have been guns at the property, prompting the officers to enter the home with caution.

Inside the home, police found the bodies of an adult man, adult woman and two children, ages 8 and 5.

A neighbor told NBC 4 that the man living in the home had recently lost his job and investigators said that may have contributed to the deaths.

Police said they found a weapon inside the home, but refused to say whether it was used in the deaths.

The bodies remain at the scene while the investigation continues.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

there have been many suicide and murder/suicides in the last six months or so, mostly related to the housing crisis and all. I feel bad for the kids, but the guy who did it, F him.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Wake View Post
    there have been many suicide and murder/suicides in the last six months or so, mostly related to the housing crisis and all. I feel bad for the kids, but the guy who did it, F him.

Where is there some factual information to back this up? Can you cite a source?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]