Register
    Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 04:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Anyone use the Guitar Fetish floyd rose?

I want to hear some real-life experiences with this bridge. While I won't use it on the "Riva" guitar, I would use it on my Mean Street Exile 5150/Frankie/w/home made lobsterclaw peghead guitar. I wanted to see if anyone actually gigged with this bridge. Yes, I am trying to go on the cheap, and I wouldn't mind being able to use a Speedloader setup (ball-end strings), as this guitar is not a very expensive one.

By the way- I love the Mean Street pickups in my Exile!!!
    Dammit!!! I still smell like cotton candy!!!

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I have an adult student who bought one for his Peavey Strat-type guitar (I don't remember the model). So far he's had no problems with it.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I put one of these on a custom guitar a while ago. When I ordered it, I didn't realize that it was the speed loader kind that doesn't lock at the bridge. But I put in on there anyway, and that guitar stays in tune almost as well as all my double locking floyds. Trust me, I abuse the bar quite a bit, and I put it to the test, and it really did stay in tune very well.

One thing to think about is that this bridge has slightly different width pivot points that a regular lisc. floyd or real floyd, so you can't really swap it out with those. If I recall correctly, you have to drill the pivot post holes slightly wider than usual (don't use the template that you can download from Floyd Rose!)

I would recommend getting one of the Axcessories (mean street guitar's parts store) licensed Floyd bridges. They have a standard double locking model which is the same kind Mighty Mite makes that I find plenty good enough to use on most of my guitars (I NEVER have tuning problems with them), and they have a Peavey Wolfgang style one that is just as good. (I forget, are the ones on a Peavey Wolfgang called Lo-Profile?)

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post

I would recommend getting one of the Axcessories (mean street guitar's parts store) licensed Floyd bridges. They have a standard double locking model which is the same kind Mighty Mite makes that I find plenty good enough to use on most of my guitars (I NEVER have tuning problems with them), and they have a Peavey Wolfgang style one that is just as good. (I forget, are the ones on a Peavey Wolfgang called Lo-Profile?)
    You know what? I have one of those in a box. Mine is the one that is "hardened steel construction" (XR200 or something like that). Gotta be better than my Floyd Rose II w/hardened steel pivot points. Those are actually quite worn; but I did harvest the heavier sustain block (128 grammes versus 73 grammes for the sustain block on the Axcessories trem) and brass fine tuners from the FLoyd II before I threw it away.

I will ty it for grins.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just got one of those XFR200's (?) and it looks like it will be great. The guitar it's going on won't be done until it warms up enough around here to paint though All of my production is completely halted right now...

Now I'll just have to figure out if I like the feel of the regular (XFR100 style), or the slanted back Peavey (XFR200) style better.

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    I just got one of those XFR200's (?) and it looks like it will be great. The guitar it's going on won't be done until it warms up enough around here to paint though All of my production is completely halted right now...

Now I'll just have to figure out if I like the feel of the regular (XFR100 style), or the slanted back Peavey (XFR200) style better.
    I paint anway, atleast with my goofy, home-made EVH-esque paintjobs.

I remember why I opted for the XFR200, and that's because it is all hardened steel. Probably not like a REAL Floyd, but maybe will last longer than one mad of pot metal (like a low-end modern Kramer).