Favorite VH Album

fw/f^&
    Favorite VH Song

fw/5150
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:25 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts

Default weddings

has anyone planned a wedding , tight 5000 budget..any sugestions?
    DAVE vs SAMMY

People need to let this go.....it is like comparing an ex wife to your current wife...you can say how things would have be different if she were still here but she left you, so you moved on with your life.....

Same with Van Halen...would they have liked to have Roth stay, yes...but he decided to leave so they moved on.......

and the rest is history….. well until 1996……..lol

http://forums.delphiforums.com/strictlyace750

http://mybestpet.com/bskool/welcome.asp

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Go to an island. Give you friends and family enough notice so they can plan a vacation around your wedding. There is soooooooooooo much money wasted on these wedding things. Sounds like you are working with a very intelligent budget.

If that doesn't work...do the backyard thing. Justice of the Peace to perform the ceremony and then one big party. You can cater one hell of a barbecue for $5000. (depending on how much she wants to spend on the dress of course. )
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Favorite VH Album

fw/f^&
    Favorite VH Song

fw/5150
    Last Online

she wants a wedding but we want a budget and will not go broke, BBQ sounds cool, but it would not go over well...haha

we already want no booze, that will cut conors
    DAVE vs SAMMY

People need to let this go.....it is like comparing an ex wife to your current wife...you can say how things would have be different if she were still here but she left you, so you moved on with your life.....

Same with Van Halen...would they have liked to have Roth stay, yes...but he decided to leave so they moved on.......

Favorite VH Album

All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Justice of the Peace, dude, and throw a nice $5,000 party in your backyard! We cut every single corner possible and still ended up with a $20K wedding. However, we each got what we wanted.
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

-"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

Vegas, That is where my wife and I were married. When we did it the cost for the marriage at a little chapel on the strip was $65.00 and that included a limo to pick you up at the hotel, bring you to town hall for your license, bring you to the Chapel and then back to your hotel. We have been married 13 years and have no regrets as to how we did it.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:34 PM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    Vegas, That is where my wife and I were married. When we did it the cost for the marriage at a little chapel on the strip was $65.00 and that included a limo to pick you up at the hotel, bring you to town hall for your license, bring you to the Chapel and then back to your hotel. We have been married 13 years and have no regrets as to how we did it.
    That's sick man.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Don't give up on the idea of BBQ...a really good BBQ caterer can serve buffet style or family style...best wedding I ever attended

the couple asked a master gardener friend during the winter if they could have a late june wedding in his garden..he went all out for them and the garden was gorgeous...their flower budget...miniscule...a bouquet ordered for the bride...bridesmaids carried nosegays cut from the garden as were the other flowers

If you don't have a gardener friend, check out local botanical gardens...the settings are beautiful....you just can't cut the flowers there!

they didn't have the expense of a rehearsal dinner...small wedding party...they just did the rehearsal the morning of the wedding..which was nice because they weren't running around like crazy the night before.....but they did have a little family and friends get together at her parents home the night before

she wore a simple sheath dress of very high quality fabric and he wore a blue suit... and it really was a case where the bridesmaids could wear the dress again.....best part, the simplicity of the dress meant that years from now when they look at the wedding pictures they will not be dated

photos ..a friend did them as his gift to them...surprising what a good amateur photographer can do these days

cake...they had one smaller ornate cake to cut done by a professsional baker...each table at the reception had a smaller cake of the same flavor with less decoration.. a few flowers from the garden where the wedding took place...the smaller cakes were baked by a couple of friends...again their gift to the couple, and doubled as edible centerpieces for the tables

reeption hall....they wanted a tent but that would have cost 3 grand alone, so they moved the reception to a lake front state park...and booked the lodge for $350 bucks..including tables, chairs and tableclothes..and a lakefront patio for dancing...gorgeous sunset setting

wine...no lie..."2 buck chuck" and no one complained, in fact it was quite a topic of conversation...they also had a huge punchbowl of sangria, which you can make really inexpensively with cheapo wine

They did have a "bartender" but only offered the wine, iced tea and soft drinks, and sangria...no "hard liquor' and no one went home really impaired or misbehaved at the wedding, which was nice

band...friends...again their gift to the couple, but they had originally planned to have a friend DJ

dinner was the BBQ buffet style... beef, and chicken, crispy green beans, a nice salad, rolls, some kind of roasted corn off the cob salad thingy..casual but really good

they really wanted to celebrate with their family, and didn't want it to be all about getting gifts, but they were in graduate school and buying a house, so they had to keep to a budget

it was a really happy wedding, and their friends were so happy to be pitching in and using their talents to make their friends special day even more special

Favorite VH Album

fw/f^&
    Favorite VH Song

fw/5150
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Don't give up on the idea of BBQ...a really good BBQ caterer can serve buffet style or family style...best wedding I ever attended

the couple asked a master gardener friend during the winter if they could have a late june wedding in his garden..he went all out for them and the garden was gorgeous...their flower budget...miniscule...a bouquet ordered for the bride...bridesmaids carried nosegays cut from the garden as were the other flowers

If you don't have a gardener friend, check out local botanical gardens...the settings are beautiful....you just can't cut the flowers there!

they didn't have the expense of a rehearsal dinner...small wedding party...they just did the rehearsal the morning of the wedding..which was nice because they weren't running around like crazy the night before.....but they did have a little family and friends get together at her parents home the night before

she wore a simple sheath dress of very high quality fabric and he wore a blue suit... and it really was a case where the bridesmaids could wear the dress again.....best part, the simplicity of the dress meant that years from now when they look at the wedding pictures they will not be dated

photos ..a friend did them as his gift to them...surprising what a good amateur photographer can do these days

cake...they had one smaller ornate cake to cut done by a professsional baker...each table at the reception had a smaller cake of the same flavor with less decoration.. a few flowers from the garden where the wedding took place...the smaller cakes were baked by a couple of friends...again their gift to the couple, and doubled as edible centerpieces for the tables

reeption hall....they wanted a tent but that would have cost 3 grand alone, so they moved the reception to a lake front state park...and booked the lodge for $350 bucks..including tables, chairs and tableclothes..and a lakefront patio for dancing...gorgeous sunset setting

wine...no lie..."2 buck chuck" and no one complained, in fact it was quite a topic of conversation...they also had a huge punchbowl of sangria, which you can make really inexpensively with cheapo wine

They did have a "bartender" but only offered the wine, iced tea and soft drinks, and sangria...no "hard liquor' and no one went home really impaired or misbehaved at the wedding, which was nice

band...friends...again their gift to the couple, but they had originally planned to have a friend DJ

dinner was the BBQ buffet style... beef, and chicken, crispy green beans, a nice salad, rolls, some kind of roasted corn off the cob salad thingy..casual but really good

they really wanted to celebrate with their family, and didn't want it to be all about getting gifts, but they were in graduate school and buying a house, so they had to keep to a budget

it was a really happy wedding, and their friends were so happy to be pitching in and using their talents to make their friends special day even more special

i love the BBQ idea.
    it sounds sweet, but a regular wedding is what is needed. only 70 to 80 people...

i want to elope, but that is a no-no as well... to many would be upset.

small wedding, any advice ?
    DAVE vs SAMMY

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 69 Times in 28 Posts

Donor

I will give one rule about weddings. There are only 2 people that need to be happy with the wedding. The 2 people getting married. Who cares what other people think as long as you 2 are happy with your decision.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I have no suggestions for keeping the money down, but keep to your budget. I knew a couple who was still paying for their wedding 10 years after they were married!
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjbn View Post
    i love the BBQ idea.
    it sounds sweet, but a regular wedding is what is needed. only 70 to 80 people...

i want to elope, but that is a no-no as well... to many would be upset.

small wedding, any advice ?
    you've got a great start by limiting the guest list!

If you don't go crazy on things like really elaborate cakes, flowers, photos, and the dress (which all by itself could easily eat up your entire budget!)...you should be able to do it without too much trouble...look into having your talented friends help you out with some of those things....with the economy the way it is, they may need the same kind of help soon!

many people are doing elegant candlight evening weddings at 8-9pm or so, with cake and champaign receptions (no meal) immediately following the ceremony (without dancing it should last a couple of hours...but you could have dancing if you wish..if you do, you may also want to serve some finger sandwiches for those who work up an appetite)...but guests should know in advance that its a candlelight wedding and cake reception, so that they know to have dinner on their own first ...this type of set up can be really lovely,... it all depends on how much "party" you want to have!

register at the theknot.com....they know everything there!

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:27 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjbn View Post
    we already want no booze, that will cut corners
    No booze at the wedding? I went to one of those once. It sucked.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    I have no suggestions for keeping the money down, but keep to your budget. I knew a couple who was still paying for their wedding 10 years after they were married!
    I was still paying for the wedding when the divorce came through!! The main thing is to remember thoughout it all is that it's about being married, not getting married and make it a day that will be special for you and your lady first and foremost.. sorry, family and friends come second. They have their own special day.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post

Daisy, my sister did something similar to this and it was one of, if not the best wedding I have ever been to! Everyone was very relaxed and had a GREAT time! People think this is being "cheap". Nonsense! It wasn't one of those stuffy, church hall deals. Everyone who was there still says it was one of the best times they have ever had! Good advice!
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel View Post
    I was still paying for the wedding when the divorce came through!! The main thing is to remember thoughout it all is that it's about being married, not getting married and make it a day that will be special for you and your lady first and foremost.. sorry, family and friends come second. They have their own special day.
    Yep, the Mrs and I had a very simple ceremony at a rented pavilion in a park. We had the choice of a big wedding, but the parents offered to either help with that or help with the down payment on a home when we were ready....needless to say, we went for the down payment.

When we see friends that were there, they still mention our day and how simple, yet fun everything was. We came to find out that a ketchup and mustard fight started within about a half hour of our departure.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.