Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cell Phones -- Whaddaya have/Recommend?

I was just wondering what Mobile Communication devices everyone uses. Our soon to be 13 year old son wants and will probably get a MOTO Q 9c (Lime) for his birthday, anyways that is what he asked for and unless I can find something extremely negative about it, that is what he will get. Here is the info on it http://www.motorola.com/consumers/v/...RD&localeId=33

Anyone have one of these or recommend what cha use?

Thanks.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,338 Times in 3,184 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I am on my 5th blackberry. Once you have one you'll never have another phone.

Favorite VH Album

the next one!
    Last Online

03.11.12 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    Amen, bro!!! Im on my 4th, a shiny Blackberry Curve from Sprint. Or you could go for one of the $3500 secure smartphones they just gave Obama, to replace HIS blackberry.
    "Look, I'll pay you for it, what the f**k?!"

"If I don't make her happy in the bedroom the wife gets bitchy for days at a time, but when I come to bed ready for action she laughs and laughs. She even laughs while I make my moves so I know I must be pleasing her as only I can do."
    The one, the only..Wengie

"Denny Crane" - Denny Crane

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

dude, scary. i was just about to post a thread like this...
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Fuck that noise.

Get an iPhone, they are the best thing since sliced bread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotforteacher921 View Post
    dude, scary. i was just about to post a thread like this...
    I searched for a thread even remotely close and came up empty so I jumped in. He looked at the blackberries and like them, but he likes this one for some reason, actually lots of them. I am new to the cell phone thing, but the kids all have them so we thought why not...scary way of thinking, but he is level headed.

Dad might have to get him one...errr I mean get mom a new one. the iphones do look cool. We are currently on Alltell, which is to merge with Verizon in September.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Last Online

08.16.15 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've had both an iPhone (currently) and a Blackberry, and I have to give the nod to the iPhone.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I highly recommend that you DON'T buy an iMobile assbrick as I HATE mine
    more than words can say. It's so counterintuitive it will make want to kick a
    dog. But I need a replacement as well - I got so drunk the other night I lost
    the back half of it and don't remember dropping it or even picking it up. I
    pulled it out my pocket the next day and am like "huh?". And I unintentionally
    ass dialed my boss about 19 times b/c the thing is built like a phone book.
    Or George Costanza's wallet.

I want an iPhone, but the real deals are prohibitively costly here, and
    the copies, are well, copies. They don't always work like they should and
    I wonder if I go back to the States if it will be recognized by a provider.
    Over here, you just buy time on a SIM card no questions asked, but as
    proprietary as Apple is, I have my doubts about getting a copy to work
    abroad. Then there's the whole ethics thing...
    Last edited by mistere; 01.24.09 at 02:49 AM.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Default RANT!

Quote Originally Posted by Executionor View Post
    I was just wondering what Mobile Communication devices everyone uses. Our soon to be 13 year old son wants and will probably get a MOTO Q 9c (Lime) for his birthday, anyways that is what he asked for and unless I can find something extremely negative about it, that is what he will get. Here is the info on it http://www.motorola.com/consumers/v/...RD&localeId=33

Anyone have one of these or recommend what cha use?

Thanks.
    there are a great many cell phone on the market these days. all are made by companies with preposterous mission statements, all have idiotic names and are full of features you neither need or want. so where do you go for some no nonsense advice?
    films are reviewed an all the major news papers so that you can avoid accidentaly going to see one with vin diesel in it. and its the same story with books. everything is reviewed, cars, resturants, holidays, you name it. bu the only place you're going to find advice on cell phones is on the internet.
    on paper this is a great idea. we're not being regaled by people who we suspect have been bribed with a press junket to bali. we're reading the words of real people who've spent real money on a product. their experiences, then, should be worthwhile.
    they're not. the page always starts with one post that says the product is exellent value for money, well designed and sold as standard with a battery that lasts a thousand years. this you know has come from the manufacturer.
    so you skip it and get to the meat. as a general rule each phone has about 1 million reviews, all of which fall into 2 distinct camps. when presented with the opportunity t be a reviewer, people either gush or damn. hand them a choice of giving a rating of anything from 1 to 10 and all you get is 1's and 10's. six, in the world of amateur reviewing, does not exist!
    so the phone you are reading about is either better than uma thurmans bottom or the worst waste of plastic since mikey rourke handed over his credit card to a surgeon!
    absolutely none the wiser you will go to s shop and seek advice from the 9yr old boy at the counter. "which cell phone is best for me?" you'll say in a language that clearly marks out you understand english. a point he plainly doesnt notice because, and i guarantee this, he will reply in a tongue you will simply not understand.
    he will tell you how many pixels the camera has. how many gigs the music player contains. he will talk about waps, browsers, us connectivity, blutooth and, unless you are quick with your fists, 'eee-zee finance deals' that his company happen to be offering that week.
    what i want is a cell phone with a battery that lasts more than six seconds!
    this means no colour screen. a colour screen uses more electricity than the pentagon. i do not want it to take photographs. i do not want it to be a music player. i do not want to recieve e-mails. i want it to be a telephone.
    no such device is offered. can you believe that? seriously. not one single cell phone company in this vast and glorious world is offering a phone that is just that. a phone. a device that enables me to talk to someone a long way away.
    why? when i go to the off licence to buy a bottle of wine, i am not told that it also comes with a packet of sweets, a typewriter, some insect repellent, the throttle cable from a1974 moto guzzi and a million other things that will simple impair my enjoyment of the wine. i am very angry about this.
    i ended up just buying the nicest looking. its called the v8 and, in the best tradition of internet phone reviewing, i'd give it one.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

As a passionate objector to the whole cel phone craze (who's got what, mine does this and that oooh but there's the new blah blah) I was always about 5 years behind on cel phone technology. I didn't start texting until about a year ago. But, I recently got a blackberry because Sprint was offering me made discounts to trade in my dinosaur and I thought 'what the hell!"

I gotta say...I freaking LVOE THIS THING and I haven't even tapped into all it can do. Still haven't loaded up any music or shot any kind of videos. The screen is perfect, the web access is speedy, the buttons are easy to use. I really really enjoy it. I think I'm hooked.

Eruption
    Last Online

02.15.10 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

iPhone 3G - better than any phone in existance. Wife and I had both 1st generation and now have 3G. They actually increase in value after you buy them. We sold our first phones for $1,400 combined a year after we bought them. That is $800 more than we orignially paid.

Great phone. The blackberry storm is a good option if you can't have At&t

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:25 AM
    Liked 11,577 Times in 4,934 Posts

TV and I have this discussion all the time. I have no interest in leaving Verizon for AT&T for an iPhone. I think Verizon blows AT&T away in coverage, at least where we live. And their customer service is just better IMO of course. So for me, I don't want to go to AT&T. Plus my wife is on an ancient plan that is so good and cheap it doesn't make any sense for me to leave.

So I got a Blackberry Storm and love it. And it does do a LOT of things that an iPhone doesn't, and doesn't require third party apps to do it. A few things the iPhone doesn't do at all...I mean yes some are just little things like cut and paste, a non-removable battery, and no expandable memory...but to me that seems ridiculous an iPhone can't do that.

Just because the iPhone has all the hype, doesn't mean it's necessarily right depending on how you are going to use it. The Storm does a great job of combining the fun stuff with being a business phone, the iPhone's email and interface is nowhere near as good as the Blackberry's. And for me, I really do use it for work a lot. I know TV does too.

There's nothing TV can do on his iPhone that I can't on the Storm (I mean things that are important, not some games and that Shazam thing...which I heard is being licensed for the Storm soon). And it does a lot of things better. Not that the iPhone isn't cool and a great phone, it is, and I am sure if Verizon offered it, I would have gotten one. But there are a lot of benefits to the Storm and I have absolutely no regrets about getting it. Worth it totally.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

13 years old huh?

ok, back to codgerville for me now?

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

My cousin got an iTouch for x-mas and he also has a blackberry and he loves both of them. Whats cool about the itouch is that it can be converted into an iphone but since he already has his blackberry, he doesnt have the need to do so.

I however am stuck with a motorola w490. Its ok if you want just a basic flip phone with camera and video. It has a built in mp3 player but I use my ipod more than anything. Ive had quite a few problems with the w490. My first one's screen decided to take a shit and kept freezing my phone up. Got that replaced and then a few months later, the fully charged battery would be almost dead after I made one or 2 calls. Got that replaced. Now, I cant get my screensaver to show up and I cant get my text dictionary to remember words.

Avoid the Motorola w490 if you can. My wife has the Xpress Music 5300 and she absolutley loves it.
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

09.02.14 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a regular LG CU 515 nothing fancy from AT&T. It get's the job done. To the Blackberry guys out there...I was always wondering, what does one of those things run you a month on your bill? How much extra cost is there for all the web access and such. My phone is $69.00 a month, what would a Blackberry service be on average.