Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Bush Jokes About Being a Type A Retiree

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/0...ype-a-retiree/

Outgoing President George W. Bush and his speechwriters were having fun with the theme of the hard-charging commander-in-chief going into retirement.

Now that were back home, we have a few things to figure out, Bush told a welcome-home audience in Midland, Texas, late Tuesday afternoon. Like what exactly were going to do.

Fortunately, weve got a place to live, he went on. I delegated that decision to Laura. She bought a fine place in Dallas. I think. I havent seen it yet. You might call that the first faith-based initiative of the post-presidency.

To get some ideas for his post-presidency, he said hed been studying up on what past ex-presidents have done. Theodore Roosevelt went on safari in Africa and explored the Amazon River. Dwight Eisenhower learned to place his own phone calls, Bush added. And president No. 41 decided he was going to jump out of an airplanetwice.

My dad is Americas only skydiving former president, and thats a title he is going to keep.

Bush added that tomorrow hes planning on having a relaxing morning in Crawford. Hes going to get up, make Laura coffee, skim the newspaper, take some calls from friends, read a book, feed the dogs, go fishing and take a walk.

By that time, I figure it will be eight in the morning, he deadpanned. Thats what happens when youre a Type A personality.

He went on: I told Laura I was excited about her cooking again kind of. She told me she was excited about me mowing the lawnand taking out the trash. Its my new domestic agenda.

On a somewhat more serious note, Bush added that he and Laura are going to spend some time catching up with their family. Bush said hes the first ex-president whose mother and father were still alive when he left office. And Im going to take advantage of every minute, he said.

He said again that he plans to set up a think tank along with his presidential library in Dallas. Hes also going to write a book.

I want people to be able to understand what it was like in the Oval Office when I had to make some of the tough decisions that I was called upon to make, he said. You know, history tends to take a little time for people to remember what happened and to have an objective accounting of what took place, and Id like to be a part of making the real history of this administration come to life.
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheiseBuchseAffenknnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnssenzurckgebliebeMutterficker.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I bet you tonight he is going to have the best night of sleep he's had in 8 years.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

no matter what, it was disrespectful of the crowd to boo Bush at the inaguration...I was booing him in my heart, but I never would have disrespected the country by booing him at such an important event.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

As Gore Vidal - target painted - predicted in 2000: "GW Bush will leave
    office as one of the most unpopular presidents in history. Mark my words."

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,239 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Well you can mark my words, Barack Obama will be the most disappointing President ever--and I wish that wasn't true. I know it sounds crazy, but he's promised too much "hope" and "change" to a people desperate to hear it, and there are going to be a lot of disappointed people out there in four years when their life still sucks and there are still people in the world that still hate us and want us dead--no matter who is president.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by looper_guy View Post
    I bet you tonight he is going to have the best night of sleep he's had in 8 years.
    i would imagine so.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Well you can mark my words, Barack Obama will be the most disappointing President ever--and I wish that wasn't true. I know it sounds crazy, but he's promised too much "hope" and "change" to a people desperate to hear it, and there are going to be a lot of disappointed people out there in four years when their life still sucks and there are still people in the world that still hate us and want us dead--no matter who is president.
    After Bush, most people feel that things can only be better - that is, those things that a president can actuaally control.

But, I agree with at least the premise of your post. Here in Germany, I was talking with some people yesterday, and the recurring theme was, "He's been too hyped to ever match the expectations". It's not even his fault. The blame rests solely on the shoulders of those people either too dumb or too desperate to actually apply any kind of critical thought to the situation.

Feeling rather than thinking.

The world is only on the edge of the beginning of the economic meltdown (I believe - wait for the ripples) and as things get steadily worse people will hopefully question their absolute faith in anyone being able to do anything substantial in the short term, rather than blame Obama for their lot.

The smartest thing he did in his speech was to adopt a sombre, warning tone, rather than spout a load of optimisitc, patriotic soundbites. Hopefully, at least some people were listening.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.31.15 @ 02:01 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    After Bush, most people feel that things can only be better - that is, those things that a president can actuaally control.

But, I agree with at least the premise of your post. Here in Germany, I was talking with some people yesterday, and the recurring theme was, "He's been too hyped to ever match the expectations". It's not even his fault. The blame rests solely on the shoulders of those people either too dumb or too desperate to actually apply any kind of critical thought to the situation.

Feeling rather than thinking.

The world is only on the edge of the beginning of the economic meltdown (I believe - wait for the ripples) and as things get steadily worse people will hopefully question their absolute faith in anyone being able to do anything substantial in the short term, rather than blame Obama for their lot.

The smartest thing he did in his speech was to adopt a sombre, warning tone, rather than spout a load of optimisitc, patriotic soundbites. Hopefully, at least some people were listening.
    Apparently, the Kenyans weren't thinking or listening:

Kenyans hail election of saviour Barack Obama

The combined talents of Aretha Franklin, Joe Biden and Yo-Yo Ma failed to silence the drinkers at the Urafiki Green Pub in the heart of Kibera, Africas biggest slum.

Thousands gathered in the narrow dirt alleys and dusty clearings of the slum to enjoy the moment, chanting Yes we can. Hush fell only when the tiny television set in the corner of the ramshackle bar room filled with the distinctive features of Americas 44th President.

This man is Jesus, shouted one man, spilling his Guinness as Barack Obama began his inaugural address. When will he come to Kenya to save us? If Barack Obamas spin doctors have been trying to lower expectations since his election victory, the message clearly has not reached the land of his father.

Millions of people around the country thronged giant TV screens or crammed into bars to watch the inauguration of a man viewed as Kenyas best hope of a prosperous and happy future.

In some ways his first success was simply to unit a country fractured along tribal lines. Last year the country imploded in a wave of political violence. Last night the inauguration of the grandson of a Kenyan goatherd as US President did more to bring the country together than the efforts of its own corrupt politicians.

Kepha Ngito, who runs youth projects in Kibera, said: This is something all Kenyans can enjoy. It doesnt matter what tribe you belong to. This is for all of us.

Many slum residents missed the concluding moments of the inauguration when a makeshift cinema a sheet pinned to a wall with a projector and a borrowed aerial failed, but no-one much cared.

Now he is president we will get food and jobs, said Ben Ochieng, as he danced to the traditional music that replaced the planned show.

All week Kenya had been gearing up for Mr Obamas moment of glory. Newspapers have published souvenir editions, countless goats have been slaughtered for the party and a popular local brew, Senator beer, has been renamed President for the occasion.

The Kenya National Theatre even revived its hit show Obama The Musical, which wowed sell-out audiences during the US election last year. It uses parallels with the Bible Story and Mr Obamas own struggles with racism and drugs documented in his memoir Dreams From My Father - to portray the incoming President as a saviour for downtrodden peoples of the world.

George Orido, the shows artistic director, said Mr Obamas story was an inspiration to ordinary Kenyans. The main message for my show is that anything is possible if you believe and work hard at it, he said. Thats important because I come from a part of the world which has been written off by the rest of the planet.

Kenya is a country in need of a saviour. Last year 600,000 people were left homeless by the violence that followed disputed presidential elections.

This year some 10 million are at risk of hunger, prompting the government to declare a national emergency last week.

While Mr Obama may have been elected by American voters, here he is viewed as a Kenyan president. And Kenyan politicians are supposed to look after their own.

It is right that when people get power they look after their family, so we know that Obama will build lots of good things for us, like schools and roads and clinics, said George Opiyo as he left the theatre.

In Kogelo, the tiny village that the Obama family calls home, thousands thronged the grounds of the local school as Kenyans took a day off work to party. Luo dancers from Mr Obamas tribe draped in monkey skins put on a traditional show, while onlooker waved American flags.

Here the benefits of the Obama presidency are already being felt. The government moved quickly after his November victory to bring modern amenities to the tiny homestead that had been left behind by the 21st century.

This is an incredible opportunity for us, because a lot of investment will come, said 20-year-old Faith Achieng. Its already thanks to him we have electricity and water. Not bad for a man trying to play down his tag as the chosen one.

Note to Kenya: Barry O. was elected president of the United States of America...

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by looper_guy View Post
    That would imply that he had been awake sometime during the same period.

Wanna bet the first book donated to the Bush Presidential Library is a copy of My Pet Goat?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post

Wanna bet the first book donated to the Bush Presidential Library is a copy of My Pet Goat?

heeheehee

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH Wahoo View Post
    [I]
    Note to Kenya: Barry O. was elected president of the United States of America...

Kenya, the 51st state of the union!....Puerto Rico couldn't pull it off so, maybe Kenya will "come on board"...looks like Kenya will be a "blue state" tho

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post

Yup, that's class right there. Can't help yourself but to continue to bash this guy. You are pathetic.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    Yup, that's class right there. Can't help yourself but to continue to bash this guy. You are pathetic.
    I offer one post making light of the guy, and you get your panties in a bunch over it. And this coming from a guy that can not resist posting Obama images in the funny pics thread.

Sorry honey, you can't have it both ways. Grow a pair, or STFU.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Well you can mark my words, Barack Obama will be the most disappointing President ever...

I believe Jimmy Carter already has that territory covered....
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotforteacher921 View Post
    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/0...ype-a-retiree/

He said again that he plans to set up a think tank along with his presidential library in Dallas.
    A Bush think tank? Too easy...must resist obvious oxymoron reference...
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

and thats when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.

- Dewey Cox