Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:14 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Default HISTORY IN THE MAKING *America Set To Welcome A New President* Thread

Well in just a little more than 14 hours the first African American president will be sworn in and a new era will begin for all of us and our children's, grandchildren's and great grandchildren's history books will be re-written.
    Regardless of your political views, this has to be a day to be proud to be an American. We will be seen in a whole new light throughout the world and hopefully some of those great expectations many of us will be met.

God bless Barack Obama and God bless the United States of America.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

11.23.15 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yay.
    No president puts joy in my life, but Van Halen puts joy in my ears.

Never pet a burning dog.

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T.RYAN View Post
    Yay.
    way to sound thrilled lol

im personally honored to have witnessed such a great day for american history.
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I'm just glad that this happened in my lifetime. Wondered all my life when the country would finally be accepting enough to accept a black president.

Gobama!
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 1,340 Times in 919 Posts

Not someone I would've voted for but I'm glad that barrier is finally broken and I'm willing to give him a chance to see what he can do for our country. Still, hopefully the conservatives will have their heads screwed on straight come the next election! Unless of course Obama proves to be a miracle man, getting our country back on our feet while still preserving conservative ideals!

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post
    Well in just a little more than 14 hours the first African American president will be sworn in and a new era will begin for all of us and our children's, grandchildren's and great grandchildren's history books will be re-written.
    Regardless of your political views, this has to be a day to be proud to be an American. We will be seen in a whole new light throughout the world and hopefully some of those great expectations many of us will be met.

Although I did not vote for Obama, I get a bit emotional thinking about what his election means to this country as a whole. This will be historical day for sure. Growing up I never could have imagined such. I am glad my daughter gets to see this. I plan on watching the ceremony with her tomorrow. I can only pray for him and his family and their safety and that he leads this country in the right direction.
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Just wish I could stay home tomorrow to watch the swearing-in, but then again we're going thru such tough times now that I feel good about being at the office and WORKING unlike so many who cannot right about now.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:55 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post

Tomorrow is, indeed, a historic day. I didn't vote for Obama, but I wish him nothing but the best in the coming years. The fact that an African American is about to become president is something all Americans should celebrate.
    Last edited by Jesus H Christ; 01.19.09 at 07:34 PM. Reason: ...
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 02:51 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Tomorrow will be a cool day. Definitely history in the making. I'm glad to be able to watch it (on TV).
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wish President Obama well. I hope he can live up to the expectations that he and his party have set. I have to say though, that I still do not get the absolute mania surronding Barak Obama(except for the historic nature of electing a half black individual to the highest office in the land). It's like people are ready to start chipping away at Mt. Rushmore for him and he hasn't even taken the oath. Anyway, good luck Mr. President and God Bless us all.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I really hope i can go to a teacher's room tomorrow and watch it, thankfully it's during my lunch period. This is huge, i don't want to miss it!
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I was so damn proud on election night I had a huge lump in my throat. I appreciate very much that even those who did not vote for Obama in the election still acknowledge the historical context of his inauguration.

For those worried about all the praise that has surrounded him thus far--don't fret; on Wednesday reality kicks in, and he is a sitting president the same as all before and subject to all the heightened scrutiny that comes with the office. The expectations are high and the challenges monumental. I know we all hope for the best.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Many references to Lincoln floating around Washington right now. Obama's train took the same route to D.C. that Lincoln's took, and he will swear the oath on Lincoln's bible.
    One of the commentators on This Week said Sunday that Obama wants to be a "Writer President" like Lincoln was.
    And Lincoln was a good one, too. Another thing that was taken from us when Lincoln was shot is his future as a writer. He had started out good, and was getting better and better.
    Everyone on the news has been referring to Lincoln's second inaugural speech, which is, indeed, a masterpiece. However, I have found myself thinking more of the end of his first inaugural. It seems more appropriate to me:

I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battle-field, and patriot grave, to every living heart and hearth-stone, all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

Let's work them angels, yo!

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

I might get a chance to see this as well.

The brand new truck, with just over 6,000 miles on it, has it's first mechanical failure. The air suspension isn't working. All four air bags on the drive axles won't inflate.

So I'm sitting in Sterling, IL, outside the International dealer, waiting to get in and get fixed.

I hope I get to witness this historic event.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It's significant to me in that it shows that MLK's "Dream" speech was not
    just rhetoric poetry, but something that can indeed be actualized if we rise
    to the ideals of our chosen system of governance. 'Let us not judge a man
    by the color of his skin, but the content of his character.' Truly historic.

And not to be a morbid arbiter, but I hope the SS are on their toes today...
    Last edited by mistere; 01.19.09 at 10:29 PM.