Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

03.06.10 @ 03:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Cleaning Wolfgang EXP neck...

Since the EXP neck is finished, rather than unfinished like the USA Wolfgangs, can I still use lemon oil to clean it? I've seen many yays and nays on this...

Thanks...

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy/Runaround
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 12:12 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Have you contacted Peavey on this?

They'd be your best bet.

http://www.peavey.com
    One noticeable difference between Judas Priest and Metallica...
    ...Judas Priest only has one gay guy in the band.

Last Online

03.06.10 @ 03:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I did send off an email to them... Just wanted to see if anyone has any personal experience here...

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Footlong58 View Post
    Since the EXP neck is finished, rather than unfinished like the USA Wolfgangs, can I still use lemon oil to clean it? I've seen many yays and nays on this...

Thanks...
    I use lemon oil on mine during string changes. No problems in 6 years of doing it, so I assume it's fine. Makes it feel nice and slick and smooth. I use it on the fingerboard too, even though it doesn't really get dirty like the US Wolfie. I notice it actually brings a bit of the grain patterns of the wood out while applying it, though it's only temporary.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by bjk View Post
    I use lemon oil on mine during string changes. No problems in 6 years of doing it, so I assume it's fine. Makes it feel nice and slick and smooth. I use it on the fingerboard too, even though it doesn't really get dirty like the US Wolfie. I notice it actually brings a bit of the grain patterns of the wood out while applying it, though it's only temporary.
    if the neck is finished then why apply lemon oil? why not just use some guitar polish on it, applying lemon oil is supposed to nurish the wood and with a laquer on it all thats happening is you are making it greasy, its not going to soak into the wood in any way, and anyway, and forgive me if im wrong, i always thought lemon oil was only really any good on rosewood or ebony boards and gun oil on unfinished maple necks. thats what i have done over the past 25yrs of playing.
    Last edited by tommywho5150; 01.20.09 at 09:55 AM.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    if the neck is finished then why apply lemon oil? why not just use some guitar polish on it, applying lemon oil is supposed to nurish the wood and with a laquer on it all thats happening is you are making it greasy, its not going to soak into the wood in any way, and anyway, and forgive me if im wrong, i always thought lemon oil was only really any good on rosewood or ebony boards and gun oil on unfinished maple necks. thats what i have done over the past 25yrs of playing.
    Well, in my case I actually sanded the back of my EXP neck a few years back with some fine sandpaper and then with some .0000 steel wool. I don't know if I went all the way to the bare wood or not. Probably not. I was just bored one day and wanted a more "unfinished" feel.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

10.29.13 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I use endust in the red can if the neck is heavily soiled. There are no waxes, and it cleans it really well. 0000 steel wool will do the trick too, but after apply some lemon oil because you may discolor the neck using the steel wool. Endust by far is the best kept secret.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Fire in the Hole
    Last Online

12.26.11 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If anyone remembers way back when the Van Halen site was actually up and running...

When the Wolfgangs first came out there was a few articles on how to care for them and some particulars and the guys writing the articles suggested endust for the guitars...
    Eddie and Dave...the way it was meant to be