Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast
    Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default HAGAR: For SLASH To Try And Play EDDIE VAN HALEN's Stuff Was Wrong - Jan. 14,

http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

Ok, I like to be diplomatic about Sam talking Van Halen in interviews. He's likely being pretty truthful for the most part but since when did the Atomic Punks play for Dave on the Sam and Dave tour???

And then this gem, (Dave tried to change that and they said, 'No, this is about two singers. Sammy sold more records than you with the band. It's going to be one song with Sammy and one song with Dave,' and he walked out.")

So who are they? And do you actually think "they" said that to Dave?? Sammy sold more records than you did? I just don't believe that's how any conversation went. Then he completely trashes him saying he bombed every show, no matter what anyone read or heard. Oh AND he implies that he sucked because he didn't sell any t-shirts?? LOLOLOL Come on Sam, give me a break.
    Just say "no comment" on VH issues, please!! You're becoming a troll. I know he reads this shit too or has someone follow what we say. Have a good laugh Sam, but you're not doing yourself any good with the negative vibes.
    Last edited by sinner's swing; 01.14.09 at 09:44 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

What did you feel at the very beginning of the last tour you did with Van Halen - before the mud slinging started?
    “I thought, “man this is great, that we could do this”. And the fans, and the ticket sales were phenomenal, at the beginning especially. The fans rallied behind us. When we went on stage the first time I had goose bumps on my body so bad I thought I would have to get them surgically removed because they weren't going away! It didn't wear well after a while. Eddie was in bad mental shape, he was in bad physical shape and he needed to get to hospital and it was hard for me to see him in that condition every night and act like it was okay, cause I didn't, I was the only guy that got in his face - and told him, "What the fuck are you doing?". I tried to work with him but he was unreasonable and it ended up being what it was.”

So that was the real reason for it not being the massive reunion that it was supposed to be?
    “It should have been worldwide - we couldn't do anything different, if we tried to play a new song, like I would say “Finish What Ya Started” - Eddie couldn't do it, he would forget it. He couldn't even remember the fucking songs!”

At the beginning of the tour, did you feel that things could work out and a new album could come out?
    “I thought once we got into the tour that Eddie would feel the fans and feel the love and feel the potential of what we could do together again, and I thought he would straighten out. But he didn't, and look at how long it has been. He went into rehab two months ago before the Hall Of Fame induction, and it was a huge relief.”

Yeah I'm sure, it must have been hard.
    “Everyone said Eddie was all buffed, he looked good, but he wasn't fucking buffed. He was skin and bones, he had some muscle tone but everyone has muscle tone. The guy had no teeth, he never ate, and he was falling down, hurting himself. Some nights he played so bad that I was embarrassed. He had moments of brilliance, don't get me wrong. I played with Eddie for 11 years before that, I probably heard him make 5 mistakes in 11 years, he played perfect every night and this was not even close to that. On that tour, he couldn't play a single note right. I want the world to know why I am not interested in doing that again. If he gets sober and he straightens out and if his mind isn't deteriorated and he can play great again and be the great Eddie Van Halen that I know and love, I would be glad to go out and sing in his band again. I would be honored to.”

Yikes!

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    What did you feel at the very beginning of the last tour you did with Van Halen - before the mud slinging started?
    “I thought, “man this is great, that we could do this”. And the fans, and the ticket sales were phenomenal, at the beginning especially. The fans rallied behind us. When we went on stage the first time I had goose bumps on my body so bad I thought I would have to get them surgically removed because they weren't going away! It didn't wear well after a while. Eddie was in bad mental shape, he was in bad physical shape and he needed to get to hospital and it was hard for me to see him in that condition every night and act like it was okay, cause I didn't, I was the only guy that got in his face - and told him, "What the fuck are you doing?". I tried to work with him but he was unreasonable and it ended up being what it was.”

So that was the real reason for it not being the massive reunion that it was supposed to be?
    “It should have been worldwide - we couldn't do anything different, if we tried to play a new song, like I would say “Finish What Ya Started” - Eddie couldn't do it, he would forget it. He couldn't even remember the fucking songs!”

At the beginning of the tour, did you feel that things could work out and a new album could come out?
    “I thought once we got into the tour that Eddie would feel the fans and feel the love and feel the potential of what we could do together again, and I thought he would straighten out. But he didn't, and look at how long it has been. He went into rehab two months ago before the Hall Of Fame induction, and it was a huge relief.”

Yeah I'm sure, it must have been hard.
    “Everyone said Eddie was all buffed, he looked good, but he wasn't fucking buffed. He was skin and bones, he had some muscle tone but everyone has muscle tone. The guy had no teeth, he never ate, and he was falling down, hurting himself. Some nights he played so bad that I was embarrassed. He had moments of brilliance, don't get me wrong. I played with Eddie for 11 years before that, I probably heard him make 5 mistakes in 11 years, he played perfect every night and this was not even close to that. On that tour, he couldn't play a single note right. I want the world to know why I am not interested in doing that again. If he gets sober and he straightens out and if his mind isn't deteriorated and he can play great again and be the great Eddie Van Halen that I know and love, I would be glad to go out and sing in his band again. I would be honored to.”

Yikes!

See, I didn't even read that part!! It's even worse than the other part of the interview. WTF Sam???!!!! Why do we need to know the very personal things that went down? We don't need to hear that shit. Not that he cares, but I'm pretty disappointed at that turd of a fucking interview. I've never said this before but FUCK YOU Sammy Hagar!!!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:39 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

I usually get annoyed with Sam and his opinions on VH, but I think he's right on the money with his comments about Eddie in 04. Eddie was a real mess and in no condition to tour. We saw it for ourselves. But I do wish Sam would just stop with the VH commentary. We've heard it all before, I think it's time for him to simply stop commenting.

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:21 PM
    Liked 1,621 Times in 997 Posts

Donor

Yeah, once again it sucks when Sammy tells the truth, as opposed to the endless cycle of denial from Howdy Doody Mountain.

"Hello. I'm a Van Halen fan. I don't want to know the truth about my hero. Please, media, refrain from asking former or current members about stuff that happened within the band. I'd really rather not know. Pretty please with sugar on top?!"

Reality is a dark and volatile place.

Rally the Eddie apologists and let the Tequila Pimp bashin' begin.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 01.14.09 at 10:00 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Yeah, once again it sucks when Sammy tells the truth, as opposed to the endless cycle of denial from Howdy Doody Mountain.

"Hello. I'm a Van Halen fan. I don't want to know the truth about my hero. Please, media, refrain from asking former or current members about stuff that happened within the band. I'd really rather not know. Pretty please with sugar on top?!"

Reality is a dark and volatile place.

Rally the Eddie apologists and let the Tequila Pimp bashin' begin.
    Ain't gonna fall for it this time troll

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by sinner's swing View Post
    Ain't gonna fall for it this time troll
    You just did. Sucker.

Ain't trollin', just stating the obvious coming attractions. (US Prime, Grade A stamped Guaranteed )

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:06 PM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member

I'm normally a big supporter of Sam - and do think he's mostly telling his perspective...problem is - some of his nuggets don't fly with me.

WRONG:
    Grunge ruined Motley Crue??? Nope. Motley released a great CD this summer and are touring like nobodies business behind it - to (from what i understand) sold out shows.

Correct:
    Gary didn't wreck Van Halen; Eddie did.

Wrong:
    Van Halen ruined Gary's career. Nope. Gary needed/wanted to do artsy stuff...that stalled his career. He's back where he should be now - touring with Extreme behind a new CD (which BTW if freaking awesome). They deserve MUCH more success then they get.

Correct:
    Dave only played VH music on the Sam/Dave tour. Unfortunately correct...Dave has a PILE of killer solo tunes - they need to be played because they rock hard.

Correct:
    Eddie's in the studio every day writing music...where's the CD??
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Eruption
    Last Online

06.30.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

there you go. Sammy telling it like it is. what a great, honest read.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Sammy has every right to his opinion just like everyone else does, but DAMN SAMMY! Where do you get off talking about Eddie that way? You're rich and famous, have a beautiful wife and kids. Truth be told, you probably wouldn't be near as rich or famous as you are if it wasn't for Ed. You're a lucky mf'r to have even stood on the same stage as Ed. Are you just jealous cause you'd probably give your left nut to have a bod like Ed's? And yeah, Ed has been a little too thin before but he has never been skin and bones, and Uh, excuse me, Ed is indeed buff, thank you, and if you think otherwise, you need to get your eyes checked.

And that is just my opinion.................I love Sammy and I just wish reporters would stop asking questions about the past, because I don't think any of us want to remember a time that Ed was unhealthy and almost checked out on us. I know that I don't and that's why I get so fiercely defensive over Eddie. I wish Sammy would just tell them flat out, I ain't talkin about Ed.
    Last edited by Kimmie5150; 01.14.09 at 10:22 AM.

Last Online

03.25.16 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    You just did. Sucker.

Ain't trollin', just stating the obvious coming attractions. (US Prime, Grade A stamped Guaranteed )
    Ha ha.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Ah, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Let the games begin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhin04 View Post
    I usually get annoyed with Sam and his opinions on VH, but I think he's right on the money with his comments about Eddie in 04. Eddie was a real mess and in no condition to tour. We saw it for ourselves. But I do wish Sam would just stop with the VH commentary. We've heard it all before, I think it's time for him to simply stop commenting.
    Sam knows the general majority isn't interested in him as a solo act, but only as part of Van halen so I think that's why he continues to talk about VH.

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    Ah, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Let the games begin.
    I'm out. Let 'em vent unopposed. It's good for their souls.