Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default A Little About Us.

Hey all. A of couple of scrutinizing posts have prompted me to ask the question, who are you, and tell us a bit about you. Obviously alot of you know each other personally, but some of us have been a bit more guarded about our personal lives for professional reasons or other obligations. Some post facts, and justifiably are questioned about how they know what they do. Myself included. Sooooooo, I'm going out on a limb here to open the door and get some stuff out in the open. You don't have to reveal names or whatnot, because some of us are held to confidentiality to some point, but I think this could be fun. OK. About myself. From 1987 to 1998, I was a studio and session musician around the Lower Mainland of British Columbia, Canada.

I played with numerous bands both well known, and startup. I've written alot of music. Some I've sold, alot's been ripped off. In 1994, I started dating a young lady who was involved in immigration law, and soon she became directly involved in Artist Relations law. She also became my wife. This involed primarily dealing with Travel visa's, dual citizenship, taxation issues, travel limitations (due to behaviour issues). This meant alot of dealings with artist management.

I got to meet quite a few well known bands, and their representation. Some of the stories would have you on the floor laughing your asses off, and some were very sad, and made you lose faith in your judgement of people. My own professional career was going very well in '97. My band that I had put together the year before was gaining some noteriety around town. I was getting recognized in music stores and bars more frequently, then I started noticing severe pain in my shoulder. I'd take a couple advil's then it would go away, but over the next few months I had progressed to pretty heavy meds, and the pain was now present in my wrists as well. Needless to say guitar playing was becoming more of a chore than a pleasure. Every now and then, there was a glimmer of hope, when a new medication showed promise, but the pain was progressing, and after numerous diagnoses of carpal tunal (spelling?) or simple strain, or recurring inflamation from an injury suffered, (bike crash) it was finally determined that I had developed osteoarthritis. I was pretty young to develop it, however my grandfather had a horrible case of it young in his knees. His legs looked like a inward V when he walked. I pretty much had to listen to my body, and aside from writing music, pretty much put the guitar down. I was very depressed.

I rejoined the workforce in mid '98, and as time went on was able to keep the pain management in check. Medication has come along way, and the rehab really helped me adapt to using muscles in a different way to reduce friction in the joints. Life became kind of ho hum. My Wife became so stressed in her practice, and it was starting to take it's toll. We became very bitter with each other and eventually divorced. Strangely enough, after the divorce, we became closer as friends. Life had regained it's balance and was going well. Then one day in 2001, a friend of her's called and said that she never made it to a lunch date they had set. I said I had'nt seen her that day, but I'd check in on her. Her car was in the driveway, but no answer on her phone. Knocked on the door...no answer. Called other friends. Never made it in to work. I entered her place. I found her dead. She was 26.

I was very rattled and became very aware of mortality. I turned to alcohol, and whatever else I could find to ease my anguish. I felt so responsible for her death. I don't know why. I just felt like if I was there, it would'nt have happened. Autopsy/toxicology results took 7 months, and the only thing they could come up with was natual causes.

Jumping forward to the present, life is on track. I'm newly married, and have been able to pick up the guitar again, although I've had to adjust my style and listen to my body when it starts to hurt, but I still have my main release in life. It's also great to be on this board. Iv'e learned alot, had some great laughs, and been able to share my love of the guitar with you.
    Hope to here more from you guys.

SJB
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post
    Hey all. A of couple of scrutinizing posts have prompted me to ask the question, who are you, and tell us a bit about you. Obviously alot of you know each other personally, but some of us have been a bit more guarded about our personal lives for professional reasons or other obligations. Some post facts, and justifiably are questioned about how they know what they do. Myself included. Sooooooo, I'm going out on a limb here to open the door and get some stuff out in the open. You don't have to reveal names or whatnot, because some of us are held to confidentiality to some point, but I think this could be fun. OK. About myself. From 1987 to 1998, I was a studio and session musician around the Lower Mainland of British Columbia, Canada.

I played with numerous bands both well known, and startup. I've written alot of music. Some I've sold, alot's been ripped off. In 1994, I started dating a young lady who was involved in immigration law, and soon she became directly involved in Artist Relations law. She also became my wife. This involed primarily dealing with Travel visa's, dual citizenship, taxation issues, travel limitations (due to behaviour issues). This meant alot of dealings with artist management.

I got to meet quite a few well known bands, and their representation. Some of the stories would have you on the floor laughing your asses off, and some were very sad, and made you lose faith in your judgement of people. My own professional career was going very well in '97. My band that I had put together the year before was gaining some noteriety around town. I was getting recognized in music stores and bars more frequently, then I started noticing severe pain in my shoulder. I'd take a couple advil's then it would go away, but over the next few months I had progressed to pretty heavy meds, and the pain was now present in my wrists as well. Needless to say guitar playing was becoming more of a chore than a pleasure. Every now and then, there was a glimmer of hope, when a new medication showed promise, but the pain was progressing, and after numerous diagnoses of carpal tunal (spelling?) or simple strain, or recurring inflamation from an injury suffered, (bike crash) it was finally determined that I had developed osteoarthritis. I was pretty young to develop it, however my grandfather had a horrible case of it young in his knees. His legs looked like a inward V when he walked. I pretty much had to listen to my body, and aside from writing music, pretty much put the guitar down. I was very depressed.

I rejoined the workforce in mid '98, and as time went on was able to keep the pain management in check. Medication has come along way, and the rehab really helped me adapt to using muscles in a different way to reduce friction in the joints. Life became kind of ho hum. My Wife became so stressed in her practice, and it was starting to take it's toll. We became very bitter with each other and eventually divorced. Strangely enough, after the divorce, we became closer as friends. Life had regained it's balance and was going well. Then one day in 2001, a friend of her's called and said that she never made it to a lunch date they had set. I said I had'nt seen her that day, but I'd check in on her. Her car was in the driveway, but no answer on her phone. Knocked on the door...no answer. Called other friends. Never made it in to work. I entered her place. I found her dead. She was 26.

I was very rattled and became very aware of mortality. I turned to alcohol, and whatever else I could find to ease my anguish. I felt so responsible for her death. I don't know why. I just felt like if I was there, it would'nt have happened. Autopsy/toxicology results took 7 months, and the only thing they could come up with was natual causes.

Jumping forward to the present, life is on track. I'm newly married, and have been able to pick up the guitar again, although I've had to adjust my style and listen to my body when it starts to hurt, but I still have my main release in life. It's also great to be on this board. Iv'e learned alot, had some great laughs, and been able to share my love of the guitar with you.
    Hope to here more from you guys.

SJB

Wow. I appreciate you sharing those details. Thank you. I hope you don't beat yourself up too much about your ex-wife's death. It's hard not to, but I hope you're able to find some balance there.

As far as your shoulder and arm problems, have you tried acupuncture or Reichian therapy? I have a dear friend who is a practitioner and has seen incredible results both in the physical pains and aches of these sort of problems but also in the psychological and emotional well-being of those that partake. Just something to mull over.

As for a little about me...well...

Like you I'm a musician too. Guitar has been my passion. I began playing one day after becoming very frustrated with other means of communication and expression. Ever since I strummed my first G chord I knew what I could use to express myself. Playing has never really been about other people for me. It was always a way for me to express things to myself. I never spent a great deal of time learning songs or techniques. I've never bought a video to teach me how to play like someone. I only really know a couple of scales. It was always something so very personal that the idea of being in a band or a performer didnt really enter my mind until years into it.

I've been in and out of a couple of bands, nothing real serious. Now I focus on writing, which has always been my primary focus, and performing in a show band with my dad. We do a latin music review show where we do songs from around Latin America. It's great fun, packed houses and we make a few extra bucks.

Away from the guitar, I'm an avid reader, most recently I read the Sookie Stackhouse books, the basis for the HBO series True Blood. I enjoy a good laugh and a good drink. When stress levels creep up I have a tendency to hit the bottle a little too much but I'm aware enough of that tendency that I've never really allowed it to become too much of a problem. Sometimes I go months without having more than a beer with my fajitas. I also have a very bad stomach, acid reflux and ulcers so I have to watch what I drink, how much I drink, as well as what food I eat.

I love my parents more than I can describe. They're phenomenal people, each with their own "issues" and complexities, but I've never met anyone else so passionately committed to their children than these people.

I met my wife at a starbucks. It was the first time I'd ever been to one. We've been married for almost 5 years and she's the best.

I enjoy reading history books and non-fiction and I'm hooked on the History Channel and other such programming.

I'm candid, perhaps to a fault, and I have absolutely no concern, time or patience for those that have soft skin and feel the need to be offended on behalf of others. I think if something is true, it's true. It may be ugly, but stating the truth doesn't make someone a bad person or whatever else. I also think if something is funny, it's funny and it needs to be said. I sometimes picture my life as my own personal sitcom and I'm watching it on TV. Sometimes I just have to say something to hear the laugh track in my head. Sometimes it's not funny to anyone else but me, but hey, it's my show with an audience of one. I have to keep myself entertained or the ratings will drop and I'll have to cancel the show...and then what will I watch?

I'm very concerned by a growing number of teachers in our public school system that are not there because they had a driving desire to be educators, but because they graduated college and didn't know what else to do. They thought "hey summers off, out of work by 3 pm. Why not." I don't think that's the type of attitude our teachers should have. Would you go to a neuro-surgeon who had that attitude?

I believe that I'm often wrong but eager to learn and if I'm off base on something I invite anyone to help me see things differently. Somethings though, just aren't going to change. I love VHIII. Sorry Dave's Dreidel!!

Nowadays I focus on being happy and enjoying myself as much as possible. I feel like I spent so many years being so down and stuck in a very negative frame of mind that I need to make up for it. My beautiful dog Autumn worked her entire life to help me relax and enjoy life and appreciate the fact that true unconditional love can exist and I can receive and give it. She's gone now and I try to spend every day honouring her life by acting that belief out.

My wife and I recently adopted two gorgeous mastiff/labrador puppies. They are brother and sister and I couldn't be more giddy over watching them grow up together. I love animals. I really do. I find that they allow me to be me in a way that, for various reasons, I don't allow myself to be around most people.

I am Jewish and my parents were born in Cuba and I was adopted by a Blackfoot Indian clan. I mix those up with traditional US pop culture and come up with my world view. I draw a lot from North American Indian tribal spirituality and find that it brings me great peace, something, like I said, that was very hard for me to find. I don't have a great deal of friends but the ones I have are very close and I get along famously with the folks I work with. I see the potential for new friends every day, which is something new for me. I've been a shut in for most of my life but I'm finding myself opening up to the gifts that other people and friendships have for me.

There you go. Who's next?

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Well, ok...here goes nothin.

I'm 35 soon to be 36. I have two kids that I'm totally and completely in love with. I've been in total blissful lust with Ed since I was 8. I have three brothers, one sister, and I grew up with incredible parents that I would have rather spent more time with than anyone else. My mom passed away 10 years ago from cancer, but I still feel that way about my dad and stepmom. I love my stepmom. She is an incredible lady.

I used to be a hairdresser. I still do hair on the side, but my main job is being a fitness instructor. I love it!! I also do clerical work for my dad's business (he's a contractor).

I love all food, but I HATE mayo. I love to cook too, it relaxes me.

I hate all those stupid shows like "The View". I love Discovery Health Channel, and TLC. I love fitness shows too.

I love to talk, I'm very friendly, and I don't think I have ever met a stranger.

I still have the same friends that I had in high school. My best friend and I have been friends since we were 12.

I'm very blunt and very honest. I don't sugar coat anything, because I think it's best just to say what's on your mind and to tell it like it is.

It takes alot to get me angry, but once I reach that point, you'd better be ready for an earful. I'm usually very, very happy though and I love just about everything and everybody.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I am a 40 year old male who grew up in Massachusetts (Cape Cod to be exact), I went to Northeastern University in Boston and soon after ward joined he U.S. Coast Guard where I served for 2 years in Kodiak Alaska onboard a cutter there.
    After the CG I started my real career and have been doing this since then. My wife and son moved from Mass. to Cali 3 1/2 years ago and just love it here.
    My dad died 2 months before my wedding which kind of made the wedding day kind of a downer. My son was born the same day as the big fire in Worcester, Mass that killed 6 firefighters and my cousin was set to go into the building next before the chief pulled them back.
    We love to vacation and spend the weekends out on the boat.

I have been a big VH fan since I was 9 (1978) and became a fanatic after seeing them on the 5150 tour, something about them became even more inspiring to me at that time. I have had the pleasure of meeting them and cherish those memories.
    I have also been fortunate to meet alot of celebrities of Boston sports fame and some local celebs as well from Joe Perry to Lenny Clark.

I am a laid back person who doesn't let things bother me too much and I try not to take myself too seriously.
    It takes alot to get me pissed off at you, but if I do you better be wearing a cup.
    I need to get back into better shape, but I am ny no means out of shape.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Oh hell, why not....

Born in 1968 and raised in the UK, though travelled a lot as a child. As a result, I've always felt a bit rootless. Parents broke up when I was a teen. After University I decided to see what kind of life I could make teaching the guitar. That got kind of sidetracked and I spent the next eight or nine years earning my way by playing in a band.

Finally quit at 29, did some session work and then went wandering in search of something else. Spent time in Holland, France, Madeira and the US, before I realised that if I wanted to travel in style, i needed a good career I could travel with. Got some teaching qualifications and then set off again.

Spent 2 years in Poland, 2 more in Spain, a couple back in the UK and have now been in Germany for about a year. I teach business English for a local company. I have my own business offering intensive courses and for 2 months of the year I am director of a German school in the UK.

Never been married, difficult with my wandering life, but had a few longish ones that for various reasons didn't quite stick. Starting to feel like a bit more of a settled life would be good, but still not quite set for it yet. Been single for a year or so after my last girlfriend and I broke up.

Guitar is still the love of my life. I don't play popular music at all now. Spanish, classical and Latin music is where my head is at and one day, when my businesses are running smoothly enough for me to take a back seat, I fully intend to go back to playing full time. Hopefully soon.

Smoke like a fucking chimney but can't drink anymore due to a rather nasty stomach ulcer brought on by twenty years of NSAI drugs for a crushed disc.

I don't have any alpacas.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,161 Times in 8,975 Posts

Hell, I'll play and keep it short.

38, married, four kids, all boys. My house sounds like a Metallica concert 24/7.

I own a auditing company, we audit public companies, non-profits, homeowners associations, government contractors, etc. If you had seen what I have seen, you would never invest another dollar in the stock market ever again. The stories I could tell about some public companies.

Play bass and sing lead in a little band called Substance Over Form, a little power trio. Just covers, nothing too exciting, but it is fun.

I write books in my spare time, children's books and accounting/small business books. Don't worry, you won't find me on the bestsellers list, but hey you can find me on Barnes and Noble and Amazon!

That is about it. Life is good at the moment, great wife, great kids, everyone is healthy. Worried about the economy of course, but everyone is so I just try to take a good old one day at a time.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I like mayo.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I always think of myself as quite uninteresting but you asked for it

I grew up in SC small town. I loved riding and showing horses, played outside, my parents still live in the same house I grew up in. I graduted as a respiratory therapist, worked in a trauma hospital for several yrs...

moved to VA in 92, went back to school to get a teaching degree in health & PE & Communtiy Wellness, minor in Ancient Egyptian History & psychology. Met & married my husband a few yrs later - had a daughter. Moved to Scott AFB in IL (my husband owed the AF 4 yrs for medical school) had another daughter, moved back to Va in July 2001.

I am a SAHM (stay at home mom or shit ass hoe motherf*cker as Heather Armstrong says...and I do both equally well) lately I have taken to announcing myself as a trophy wife - as I feel I am to some extent and it makes people truly uncomfortable after asking me snidely at medical dinners ect..."What do you do?" I use to say "I stay home", now I say "I am a trophy wife". Instead of them saying "Oh" and walking off to the SAHM comment, they now just stare and try and find something to say...It's great

I love photography, writing (although I never let anyone read any of my stuff), horseback riding, helping my friend on her farm - she's running a theraputic farm program at the moment.

I love my kids and my husband dearly. My entire family still lives in that small town in SC - all within 5 miles of one another...most of them on a private 120 acre lake - where I grew up. I'm pushing hard to get back closer to SC soon, or at least sell the house we have now and move to a small farm.

I have seriously had enough of neighbors- especailly neighbors that have nothing to do but monitor my comings / goings and those of my dog. Or they watch to see if the tree I cut down in my yard was in fact less than 6 inches in diameter - otherwise I would have needed to have that approved by some person that will put a lien on my home...

I love being home with my kids (they are 12 and 10) and being able to do whatever I want, when I want. I do bnot play well with others in a work enviroment and am beyond blessed to have the option to stay home.

Oh and I have loved Eddie Van Halen since I first laid eyes on the man at a concert when I was 10....I've seen CVH 9 times in concert and can not hear well from my lefdt ear because of that and dove hunting with my dad with no hearing protection
    Model Citizen, Zero Discipline

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

*Thanks SNIC for my AWESOME new avatar!*

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I turn 45 in April.

I started playing guitar on the third Monday of September, 1978, which was a suprise because I have mild Ceribral Palsy. I played in bands off and on through 1989 and I did studio work in the South Bay area and Cotati when I got lucky for about two years ('86-'88) before quitting in frustration and settling into my full-time job as a hobby buyer for a small toy store in Carmel, CA. I eventually ran the store's website-shipping operation up until I injurred my back and was layed off in January 2001.

I was retrainted in computers (A+, N+) but due to the tech-bubble bursting I ended up working as a shoft manager in a small motel in Monterey. I started research for a book during my free time after my injury which lead to interviews with some great people which hopefully will lead to a good book. I started school again last year at the local JC and I'm currently a Marine Geology major.

I like photography, hiking and the paranormal. I'm also into Native American history and folklore. I also like general history. My favorite TV shows are "24", "The Office", Lost and Battlestar Gallactica. If I'm watching TV it's usually on the History channel or on the NASA channel.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,353 Times in 3,193 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I'm 29.

I'm the GM of a southern restaurant chain called Krystal. I'm a UGA grad. I don't like midgets. My favorite color is blue. I have a beautiful girlfriend I have been with for 4 years named Monica. Im a huge Braves fan. I play guitar. I am a very simple person. Have a few close friends because I don't trust alot of people. I am a recovering alcoholic and been sobor since January 15th, 2005.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

most of them
    Favorite VH Song

ditto
    Last Online

04.14.10 @ 11:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

M/31/Smoker...apart from that I am a truly, truly pathetic individual with no remotely substantial life-story to relate, or any interesting anecdotes to offload... that's about it.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:14 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

I'm a dreamer. Been dreaming my whole life - not really a healthy way to live some times. As a result, I tend to be a bit restless. Probably the hardest part of being married with three children - can't just jump in the car and go somewhere, anywhere, for a week or whatever, and just escape the day-to-day. Don't have the time, don't have the money!

Music has always been very important to me. Can't play a lick, and it's debateable whether or not I can sing, but still, I've had a good soundtrack to my life so far and I can still use music to take me away. Other people don't get it, that's why they'll turn on a tv while I'm listening to a CD, or they'll turn a good song down in the car so they can make a phone call. They need noise, I need music.

I do like some of the high-tech gadgets that have been developed since I was a kid, but I fear we overuse and abuse them. One example - VCRs and DVDs were a great idea - it's nice to be able to watch a movie in the comfort of your own home, and actually own a copy of a personal favourite, but our kids don't know what it's like to have to pick which movies they want to be able to see - they get to see them all - either still at the theatre, or brought home on DVD. And a lot of parents don't put the effort into paying attention to what movies their kids watch. Rating systems mean nothing when they're not used. Not that a PG movie of today is the same as a PG movie in the '70s anyway - do they even make G movies anymore?

I try to be nice to people, and I try to be respectful. Sometimes I fail, but even as I get older and grumpier, I still feel I do all right. I get disappointed when my kids often don't show respect to me or anyone else, but I've tried to be as good an example as I can be - not sure what else I can do.

I have no need to prove myself - you'll never find me running with the bulls or jumping out of a perfectly good airplane or trying to climb some mountain that doesn't have a path worn to the top, or anything silly like that. I don't smoke, I rarely drink to stupidity, I won't put holes in my body that aren't already there, and I'll never show anyone my tattoo as I'll never voluntarily have one.

I still like to read, I still like to make up stories in my mind - though they don't get written down as they used to when I was in school.

I love my wife, my kids, my dog and I love God.

Oh, and I tend to like Major League Baseball and the NFL, though I don't know the players as I used to.

And in spite of the length of this post, I tend to be quite shy, especially when I first meet people. Guess I feel I know folks around here well enough!

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

Well, I was born at a very early age in Benson, Minnesota. We moved quite often, because my Dad got involved in power line construction when I was about three.

For the most part, I was raised in sandhills of central Nebraska, which in my opinion there is no greater place on earth to grow up. We lived a mile from the closest neighbor and we couldn't even see their house over the hills. The world was our playground.

At the end of my Junior year of high school, we moved to southeastern Colorado, which I hated. I am convinced that the sphincter of the earth is located in Holly, Colorado. I also ended up meeting the first woman to break my heart there.

From there I moved to Las Vegas Nevada, where I spent five shitty years in a big city after growing up in the sticks all of my life. I've never been so glad to leave a city in all my life until now. The one bright spot about living in Vegas, is that is where I discovered Van Halen.

After that, I ended up in Michigan, Utah, Oregon, and finally Kansas in the space of about two years, where I have lived ever since. We moved to Kansas in the spring of '94 so my Mom could go to the cancer treatment center in Tulsa. She passed in November of '94 but I decided to stay. My sisters and my brother also live withing about 5 miles of me.

I've worked a variety of jobs, mostly construction, but in the last twelve or thirteen years, I've moved more into manufacturing and then online retail. Most of you probably know that I work for Amazon.com in the Coffeyville, Kansas facility.

I like to play guitar in my spare time. I'm pretty much a hack. I've never been in a band nor do I ever have any desire to be in one. I'm content to just sit and play loudly and bother the neighbors. I also like to go out and sing karaoke from time to time.

And if most of you haven't figured it out by now, politically, I'm very conservative. Surprise!
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Born a poor black child and raised by wolves...

Born in NY but don't remember a thing about it - was drunk at the time.
    Military brat, so like Graeme, moved around the States as kid and likewise
    feel rather "rootless". The Midwest, Atlanta, etc., before my dad for some
    reason decided to retire to South Carolina. Grew up there, drove cross-
    country to LA way too late, saw a good bit of the West coast, got sick of
    America/enchanted with the East, moved to Thailand after traveling to
    London, Paris, Amsterdam. After a career as a motion graphics
    editor/frustrated musiciant, fell into a gtr gig and finally earn a
    living out of my instrument. It leans to the left.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:28 PM
    Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

I was born in Niagara Falls, NY. Moved down to the Baltimore, MD area at age 1 1/2. In Maryland, I have lived in Ellicott City, Westview Park, Eldersburg, Colombia, Federal Hill, Fullerton, St. Mary's City, Prince Frederick, Annapolis, and Severna Park. Spent college summers in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

My wife and I have been married for almost 10 years. We have 1 son, and another on the way (1/27/09).

I have experience doing research in behavioral psychology and teaching special education.

Having grown up in a family that owned small businesses, I am fiscally very conservative. As far as social issues and policies, I am very libertarian.