Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Leftist Anti-War Story Goes Horrible Wrong

Some scumbag, limp-wristed bed-wetter from San Francisco wrote a piece about the "Dishonest" recruiting practices of the US Military and singles out the USMC:

U.S. Marine Corps an Orgy Palace of Stoned, Drunk, Horny Teens, New UCSF Study Suggests
    By Matt Smith

While doomsayers bemoan America's ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, researchers at the University of California at San Francisco Medical Center may have turned up a brilliant silver lining.

Thanks to desperate recruiting methods required to staff those wars, the U.S. Marines may be turning military service into a male sexual fantasy land, where recruits are paid actual money to cohabitate with drunk, stoned, horny teenage girls.

UCSF scientists tested and surveyed 2,157 female U.S. Marine recruits -- out of 2,288 possible respondents -- with an average age of 19. Researchers found that the young women were more than twice as likely as non-military young women to be infected with venereal diseases. And the recruits were prone to engage in behaviors likely to get them sick again.

The sexually-precocious female recruits "perceived that sex is more likely and enjoyable under the influence of alcohol, and were heavy alcohol and drug users before recruit training entry," according to a November 2008 UCSF study titled "Relationships among Sociodemographic Markers, Behavioral Risk, and sexually transmitted infections in U.S. Female Marine Corps Recruits."

In 2005 a Colorado high school journalist named David McSwane showed that military recruiters were willing to help him cheat drug tests and falsify academic records so he could qualify to join the military. Stories since then have suggested the armed forces have become even more desperate, venturing far and wide for recruits willing to enter dangerous battle zones in Iraq and Afghanistan. Apparently, that means finding and signing up girls with low self esteem.

The Marines seemed to find their most sexually adventurous female recruits in rural areas, where a disproportionate number of them whiled away their high school years having drunken, stoned, unprotected sex, according to the UCSF report.

"Young women enter recruit training for the military with high levels of STIs [sexually transmitted infections] and increased risk for acquisition of STIs including sex under the influence of alcohol or drugs, sex with a risky partner, and infrequent condom use," the UCSF study said.

This is great news for randy young men weighing a career in the Marines -- as long as they're fastidious about wearing rubbers.

Heh, they've been making charges about females who enter the military since WWII. However if that same female is conducting her sexlife the same on a college campus she's just in control of her body.

The Army needs to steel this and use it for recruiting before the Marines do.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:18 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

Where do I sign up?

Nevermind, probably past the age limit.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

II, FW, OU812, club days
    Favorite VH Song

Cabo Wabo, Hear About it Later
    Last Online

08.08.15 @ 09:37 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

where is that article from? how do you know a lefty wrote it? btw, you should learn how to spell "steal"
    Any musicians near Boston / Cape Cod want to get together and play some VH? I play drums, guitar, keyboard, bass, and I sing. I want to start a VH tribute band. Contact me if interested.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The article is from here:

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/...ce_of_ston.php

SF Weekly is hardly a conservative think-tank.

Oh, and thanks for pointing out my spelling error, you're going to be a great addition to the Links
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gageroo View Post
    where is that article from? how do you know a lefty wrote it? btw, you should learn how to spell "steal"
    Ease it up a bit. I am going to assume that you have never made a spelling error.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it would be cool if all law enforcement and military just vacated certian areas of this great country. It would be interesting to watch the outcome.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    The article is from here:

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/...ce_of_ston.php

SF Weekly is hardly a conservative think-tank.

Oh, and thanks for pointing out my spelling error, you're going to be a great addition to the Links

Slight understatement there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I wish that article wasn't written in such a heavy-handed sensationalistic way because, if you read between the lines, it sounds like there's a real problem there.
    The Marines need to be the among the best soldiers we've got. They're the ones that get sent into the worst of the shit. If the recruiters let any bozo join up, they're going to wind up getting some people killed.

I'm really against Marine recruiters having quotas. They should turn more people away than they accept.

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 03:30 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    I wish that article wasn't written in such a heavy-handed sensationalistic way because, if you read between the lines, it sounds like there's a real problem there.
    The Marines need to be the among the best soldiers we've got. They're the ones that get sent into the worst of the shit. If the recruiters let any bozo join up, they're going to wind up getting some people killed.

I'm really against Marine recruiters having quotas. They should turn more people away than they accept.
    Agree 100%

Anyone see the HBO documentary " The recruiter" . Great film that shows the challenges the recruiters face in today's world.
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Military recruiters in general are dealing with seriously difficult challenges right now, and have been since 9/11. There was that initial spike in people signing up but overall recruitment and enrollment are down. Other than that brief upswing in enrollment right after 9/11, recruitment has been seriously low for about 20 years now. Unfortunately, all the people you'd want to be in the military aren't going anywhere near it. I knew a Navy recruiter and he would tell me the horror stories of not having anyone even remotely qualified to pick from and having to just take anyone that met the most minimal of requirements. We're really back to the days of "jail or army" right now and that's a seriously bad position to be in. What makes this matter even worse is that the segments of our military that are most difficult to staff, special forces, are the ones that have been hit the hardest throughout this travesty of a war. My brother in law is Army Special Forces, he was in Afghanistan looking for Osama right after 9/11 and has done 3, maybe 4 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and he's one of the only ones in his group still alive. I was visiting him and my sister a while back and spent some time talking to him and a few other guys and they all said the same thing "we're getting our asses kicked and there just aren't enough of us to go around." Those special forces guys, be they whatever branch we want to talk about, are the best of the best and they just don't grow on trees. The nimwits they've been recruiting as of late are nothing more than cannon-fodder in a lot of cases.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post

ALL recruiters have quotas.

Let's slow down and look at this. USMC doesn't take just anybody and just because you sign up and get on the bus doesn't mean you are automatically a Marine. Marine bootcamp is hard and they WILL wash those who can't get with the program out. Every day they send kids back home to mom because they can't hack it. Recruiters know this and they're not just taking any swinging dick that comes through the door. Each service has their own standards. That said, I personally don't see a problem with a recruited helping some kid get around a drug test if the recruiter thinks that the kid will make a good Marine. Everybody deserves a second chance and the military is still the one place where someone with a spotty past can turn their life around.

It happens every day.

Case in point:

Spc. Ross McGinnis.

http://www.julescrittenden.com/2008/...-bart-simpson/

Four of his fellow soldiers are alive because some Army recruiter was willing to look past his arrest for buying pot. He won the CMoH:

http://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/McGinnis/

I could go back farther into US history and mention that US Grant was a drunk and coke head.

This story makes it sound like the applicants have no clue about the Marines and that they are somehow powerless to resist the Jedi/Recruiter mind-tricks. If you're a kid who lives in the sticks, or a rural farm or mining town you don't have a lot of options if you don't/can't go to college and the Military is a great way to go. You get a skill (if you want one), you get to travel, you can get money for college and you can blow stuff up. Sometimes that stuff is in another country and the locals are shooting at you but you know that in advance.

Remember, the alternative to recruiters is a manditory draft. That would suck.

My Blog: