Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default WTF ARE THESE KIDS THINKING?????

I'm sure very few of you are interested in this story but DANG....what are these kids thinking. Living in Charlottesville Va, we get to "rub" elbows with the semi famous on occassion. Howie Long is always around town , very friendly, his kids go to school here, Chris played football for UVa and has now gone onto the NFL...so when his younger brother chose baseball at Florida over football - well cvillians were a little surprised.

So he took his baseball scholarship and has now suddenly leeft FL, came back to town and was arrested for DUI (he's 20 BTW)

I get so frustrated watching these kids, athletes, total throw a wrench in thier lives. UVa was PLAGUED with this stuff on 08....I won't go into details but we had football players arrested for stealing beer from coolers at a bar, breaking and entering ..... many of them don't make grades and are inelligble to play...

OK rant over...

here's the article from the local NBC station
    http://www.nbc29.com/global/story.asp?s=9641295

Kyle Long Arrested in Charlottesville

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 04:42 PM EST

Updated: Jan 8, 2009 04:49 PM EST

Former St. Anne's Belfield stand-out athlete and the son of NFL Hall of Famer Howie Long is facing drunk driving charges in Charlottesville.

Twenty-year-old Kyle Long was arrested early Sunday morning after University of Virginia police say they saw him driving the wrong way on 12 and a 1/2 street and after he failed a pair of sobriety tests.

A police report given to NBC29 shows Long blew a .10 in a breath test. This arrest comes on the heels of Long's unexpected departure from Florida state University. He left FSU before the baseball season ever began.

The left hander with a 95 mile fast ball was considered FSU's top recruit this past year. As a senior in high school, he had a 1.91 ERA, striking out 95 batters in 50 innings. He was also Central Virginia's Player of the Year last season for St. Anne's Belfield.
    Model Citizen, Zero Discipline

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

*Thanks SNIC for my AWESOME new avatar!*

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Those numbers are fucking SICK! 1.91 ERA, 95 K/50 innings, 95 mph fastball in high school. Hot damn! Shame he had to go out and do this...
    Last edited by ZachenFoot; 01.08.09 at 02:03 PM.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by vhrocks2005 View Post
    Those numbers are fucking SICK! 1.91 ERA, 95 K/50 innings, 95 mph fastball in high school. Hot damn! Shame he had to go out and do this...
    All 3 of Howie Long's boys are amazing athlete's ...it just baffles me why he'd do this. We all screw up every now and again - but dang! A DUI is such a bad deal as a student athlete.
    Model Citizen, Zero Discipline

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

*Thanks SNIC for my AWESOME new avatar!*

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.31.15 @ 02:01 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Geez...

EVHgirl-

Funny how this happened this past Sunday morning, but is just now getting mentioned in the local media...and of course, our sorry excuse for a newspaper has an article about Kyle leaving FSU:

http://www.dailyprogress.com/cdp/spo...a_state/33798/

...but nothing regarding his arrest...

Funny how that works, huh?

I just hope that his parents straighten him out quick!!! Although I have no doubt that they will...

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:13 AM
    Liked 541 Times in 322 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I've "rubbed elbows" with a lot of name brand basketball players in my day, and let's just say athletes at this level are a little off. As in off their rockers. ESPECIALLY blue chip level football players - I realize he played baseball, but he's a big time football player too. They're nuts.

OR, they are relatively normal 20 year old kids with a lot of natural (or not so natural) testosterone that makes them do stupid shit once in a while. Pretty much the same thing either way, you know?

I don't think I realized you were in C-ville. My older sister lived there for a while - 7 or 8 years I think, in the early-mid 90's working at State Farm. She dated a local ER doc for a chunk of that time, he had put her back together after a very nasty car accident. Eh, no big deal - just thinking out loud so to speak.