Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default KRAMER FERRINGTON'S

Hey all. I've been noticing a few of the old Ferringtons popping up on CL for the past few months. I'm wondering if any of you have 'em, and what the overall perception of these are. I know there were quite a few turkeys, but I remember when they were new, at least a couple I tried were quite full sounding. I know one guy who upgraded the original piezo PU system with a new one, and it sounded amazing, but I not sure how it sounded before. I know alot of them were quite thin sounding new. Has age improved the sound at all, as wood tends to mellow over time? I always loved the feel and look of these guitars. Especially in black.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had one of the duds. It played and sounded like shit but, of course, I had to have one because of you know who. Stupid teenager.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otis5150 View Post
    I had one of the duds. It played and sounded like shit but, of course, I had to have one because of you know who. Stupid teenager.
    I remeber once I plugged one in, and it was so thin sounding I thought the preamp was bad, then I tried a couple more over a two year period or so, and they sounded real good, and the action was real close to an electric's. I could never find a black one in the Strat style though when I wanted to go for it. It was always white, or that god awful Metallic Electric Pink.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post
    I remeber once I plugged one in, and it was so thin sounding I thought the preamp was bad, then I tried a couple more over a two year period or so, and they sounded real good, and the action was real close to an electric's.
    I don't remember if there were different models/prices, but if there were I'm sure I had the cheapest one. It sounded really thin and the action was horrible. Of course, back then I had just started playing and didn't know any better.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otis5150 View Post
    I don't remember if there were different models/prices, but if there were I'm sure I had the cheapest one. It sounded really thin and the action was horrible. Of course, back then I had just started playing and didn't know any better.
    Model wise there was the Strat style and the Tele style. The prices were around $600 to $800 depending on which store you walked into. They went to a more adjustable on board EQ as time went on.

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 726 Times in 343 Posts

Never played one I liked. I owned one as a teenager for the same reasons everyone else had one. I've played every one I've come across since then, thinking that the one I got just happened to be a crappy one. I haven't found one yet that I would consider to be a good acoustic guitar. I could deal with the thin, shitty sound of the guitar un-plugged if the thing played well, but the set-up of the guitar just sucks. Only so much you can do to lower the action on an acoustic without completely ruining any resonance that guitar may pretend to have.

It was just a shitty guitar.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.