You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

Default Cabo Wabo Radio Shutting Down

PRESS RELEASE FROM SAMMY!

CABO WABO RADIO IS SHUTTING DOWN THIS SATURDAY NIGHT AT MIDNIGHT!

BUT WE'RE GOING OUT WITH A 24 HOUR PARTY!

In a message today from the Cabo Wabo Cantina in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, Sammy Hagar spoke about the extraordinary triumph of station built, branded, and programmed by legendary radio/television star Shadoe Stevens.

“Shadoe built the most exciting and original station I’ve ever heard and exceeded our expectations on every level,” Hagar said,

“In six months he took it from zero listeners to more than 130,000 in 100 countries, with 10,000 VIP members on our website, another 1,500 myspace friends, and listed as a Staff Favorite on iTunes.

Hagar went on to explain his decision, “It’s paradoxical that it’s the success of the station that’s the problem. It has snowballed and grown so fast and gotten so big that it has demanded an ever-increasing level of participation from me. I’ve had to put on the brakes.

I’m simply too over-extended. I have a new album, a new studio, tours, Cabo Wabo Cantinas, Cabo Wabo Tequila, we just opened our first Sammy’s Beach Bar and Grill on Maui, and there have just become too many things demanding my attention. I try to give 150% of myself to anything I get involved with and I found I can’t be there on the scale that this station deserves. I really regret having to prioritize things this way, but I haven’t had time to participate so we’re going to put some things on hold.”

Shadoe Stevens, known for his creative diversity and exceptional output, said he was disappointed but will now be dedicating more time to his other projects which include several other radio formats in development for other clients, two television series, and a partnership with Tony Hawk on a major motion picture Stevens created.

He said, “As with everything Cabo Wabo Radio has been, we’ll celebrate all day our last day, replaying the very first thing ever broadcast on the station, Sammy Hagar’s incredible 60th Birthday Bash.

We’ll replay it all day Saturday, January 10th. It will be a special treat for Redheads and Sammy fans around the world. All Sammy music and the birthday bash for 24 hours straight, the final salute to “Rock Radio the Way God Intended It.”

Sammy went on to say, “We’ll be back.”

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:58 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

It seems like CWR is in the wrong format. Personally, I don't listen to internet radio. I think Satellite radio would be a better medium in terms of hitting a big audience.

While I like Sammy, I think there's something wrong with this explanation. I can sort of understand the part about not being able to more fully commit. However, that's why he's got people that take care of that sort of thing. Something's not right and I can't put my finger on it....

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 6,815 Times in 3,564 Posts

Premium Member
    Trouble with the books. Sam shuts it down. Finds the culprit. Cuts a satellite deal. Relaunches retooled endeavor with eye on bottom line. Wider marketing appeal. And Mike is on call in bungalow 9.

Good Enough ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Like em all. even III. ;}
    Favorite VH Song

A Lot!
    Last Online

09.08.16 @ 05:36 PM
    Liked 116 Times in 66 Posts

I have listened to this. SHITTY music. My opinion sorry. Sam's concerts and stuff are cool, but not enough.
    I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' CLICK!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:25 AM
    Liked 180 Times in 91 Posts

Being a a radio guy, I actually applied to the opening they posted for a DJ. I certainly wouldn't have had a problem working in Cabo! Never heard anything unfortunately.

When I tuned in to check it out I was surprised at what I heard. It was not the music I expected to hear. The DJ on the station when I tuned in was a guy by the name of Pyke or Pike (sp?), who used to work in Hartford, CT at a station called Radio 104. I thought that was pretty interesting.

I actually think Sammy shut it down because it wasn't getting any advertising dollars. It didn't seem to garner up enough of an audience. Internet radio is tough to make money off of since people can't get it in their cars, which is where the biggest audience comes from.

I run an internet station for fun off of Live365 and they do have software that would allow people to listen in their cars but I doubt many people will go through that effort.

Last Online

08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

i thought the station was pretty good..i've sourced quite a bit of good new music from it for my own playlists...wadda ya want...a repeat of Sirius 80's Hair Metal station?? I can only listen to so much Whitesnake and Warrant...

It's a shame the plug is being pulled...hope it comes back soon...
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...

VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Listening right now...playing Returning Home at the moment...hope CWRadio comes back soon!

Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

Last Online

01.11.09 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Give Sammy some props at CNN

See this link to an ireport on CNN. All the posters are commenting how great Roth is. Let's post some kudos for how great Sammy is. Here's the link:
    http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-179121

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:21 PM
    Liked 18,089 Times in 8,937 Posts

Is this what it has come to in VH land, going on CNN and posting which VH singer is our favorite?

Jeez, like that changes anything.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:25 AM
    Liked 180 Times in 91 Posts

According to the posting on All Access (a radio industry website), it appears as if the station will stay on Sammy's site.

Hagar's Cabo Wabo Radio Goes On Hiatus

Rocker SAMMY HAGAR has put CABO WABO RADIO www.cabowaboradio.com on temporary hiatus. It now connects to his site, redrocker.com.

HAGAR went on to explain his decision, "It's paradoxical that it's the success of the station that's the problem. It has snowballed and grown so fast and gotten so big that it has demanded an ever-increasing level of participation from me. I've had to put on the brakes. I'm simply too over-extended. I have a new album, a new studio, tours, CABO WABO CANTINAS, CABO WABO TEQUILA, we just opened our first SAMMY's BEACH BAR AND GRILL on MAUI, and there have just become too many things demanding my attention. I really regret having to prioritize things this way, but I haven't had time to participate so we're going to put some things on hold."

CABO WABO RADIO has been programmed by the legendary SHADOE STEVENS, and HAGAR added, "SHADOE built the most exciting and original station I've ever heard and exceeded our expectations on every level. In six months he took it from zero listeners to more than 130,000 in 100 countries, with 10,000 VIP members on our website, another 1,500 myspace friends, and listed as a Staff Favorite on iTunes, all with no marketing or advertising. He's amazing."

STEVENS, known for his creative diversity and exceptional output, said he was disappointed but will now be dedicating more time to his other projects which include several other radio formats in development for other clients, two television series, and a partnership with TONY HAWK on a major motion picture STEVENS created. Reach SHADOE at shadoe@shadoe.com or (310) 850-0010.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

sam will re-tool and be back!

Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014