Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Default Confessions Of Teen Idol

Ah yes; the New Year and new VH1 reality shows.

Did anyone check out this show last night? Wow, how some have fallen. If you haven't checked it out, it's interesting.

Remember little Hobie from Baywatch??
    http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?...963&vid=329217

How aboiut Eric Neis from the first MTV Real World and MTV's The Grind?? He's gotten a little, uhhhh, weird is the best way to put it.
    http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?...963&vid=329218

Jamie Walters from The Heights and BH 90210 ; he's the one that "threw" Donna down the stairs. Christopher Atkins, Adrian Zmed and two others are there.

It's being produced by Scott Baio and Jason Hervey(the Wonder Years older brother).
    Last edited by RRMB; 01.05.09 at 07:44 AM.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post
    Ah yes; the New Year and new VH1 reality shows.

Did anyone check out this show last night? Wow, how some have fallen. If you haven't checked it out, it's interesting.

Remember little Hobie from Baywatch??
    http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?...963&vid=329217

How aboiut Eric Neis from the first MTV Real World and MTV's The Grind?? He's gotten a little, uhhhh, weird is the best way to put it.
    http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?...963&vid=329218

Jamie Walters from The Heights and BH 90210 ; he's the one that "threw" Donna down the stairs. Christopher Atkins, Adrian Zmed and two others are there.

It's being produced by Scott Baio and Jason Hervey(the Wonder Years older brother).

Didn't watch it, but I used to have a thing for Eric Neis. I loved him on "The Grind".......total hottie.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

I did watch some of it just out of curiosity.

Not many times Adrian Zmed has been on tv since his TJ Hooker days. He seems to be the level-headed one on the show.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

There really is that "car crash" aspect to these kinds of shows. You watch it, you get fired up and you feel guilty as hell....

... but this one seems to be pretty low. Making a reality show about people who fucked up and are now making a blatantly seedy attempt at getting their "fame" back ...

Anyway, no-one is ever going to top the king of teenage fuck-ups - Mr Michael Jackson - can't be beaten. Britney is an amateur compared to that freak.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:44 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

That stunt they pulled on them was humiliating and made me not want to see more.....that the Baywatch guy actually came back to hear the producers out is an indication of how addictive fame can be.

How many teen or child stars make an adult career? a handfull? and how many end up dead, addicted, dissillusioned and otherwise damaged?

granted you don't hear much about the ones who go to college and enter adult life in a grounded way, but you hear enough about the train wrecks to wonder why anyone would let their kids go into that business at that young an age...many of the guys in this series started their "careers" as teens, when they should have been worrying about passing geometry and getting a date to the prom

no wonder they seem so stunted

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    That stunt they pulled on them was humiliating and made me not want to see more.....that the Baywatch guy actually came back to hear the producers out is an indication of how addictive fame can be.

How many teen or child stars make an adult career? a handfull? and how many end up dead, addicted, dissillusioned and otherwise damaged?

granted you don't hear much about the ones who go to college and enter adult life in a grounded way, but you hear enough about the train wrecks to wonder why anyone would let their kids go into that business at that young an age...many of the guys in this series started their "careers" as teens, when they should have been worrying about passing geometry and getting a date to the prom

no wonder they seem so stunted
    The stunt they pulled actually makes me want to watch and see how the FTI's group together and try to get back up on the saddle again. And I really don't think it's seedy, them trying to get their career going again.

Even though I wasn't a "star" of their magnitude, being I was only a radio DJ, when I was on my game...there was nothing better than standing in front of nearly 40,000 screaming Brooks & Dunn fans, introducing them. Being the lead MC at the popular comedy club, lead DJ at the dance club, being requested for live broadcasts, doing all the voice over work on the #1 TV station, etc. The other perks ranged from free food, concert tickets, bakstage passes to NON format shows (that's how I met Sammy on the MTM Tour). It's addictive as hell.

After spending the last 7 years as a truck driver, I've tried to get back in to radio, knowing I have to start at the bottom and work my way back up. I have friends all over in the radio biz, but trying to get back in the door is tough as hell.

I'm looking at this show as a tutorial in an odd, perverse way, seeing if I can get any idea's that I can use to get off the road and back in radio.
    Last edited by RRMB; 01.05.09 at 01:43 PM.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

What was the "stunt"?
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    What was the "stunt"?
    they had them all waiting to go on a stage behind a curtain as somebody was introducing them. One by one as they stood there. The crowd was screaming and they were all getting hyped up. then the curtain opened and they found the whole thing was a set up. No crowd - just a taped audience. Just the two presenters waiting for them in an empty hall.

it was pretty embarrassing to watch.

One of them did not take it well.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    What was the "stunt"?
    It easier to just watch, than to explain.

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?...963&vid=329221

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post
    It easier to just watch, than to explain.

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?...963&vid=329221

HA, that was funny...
    Dangling that carrot to feed a long lost "limelight" fix...
    and David getting all butthurt... *rolls eyes
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton