Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

Default Strange Nap.

I went with my sister and her new husbands Mom's house for Christmas dinner today.

I met the rest of his family, and we all sat down to eat a nice dinner. Of course after eating, I kicked back in his Mom's recliner, and was soon asleep.

During the course of my nap, I became aware of a strange sensation, almost like a buzz of electricity going through me. I was lying there and was listening to my brother in law's Mom and a friend, who were having a conversation on the couch, and then I heard my sister come into the room and tell them that my ex had called her cell and had left a voice mail. At this point she tries to wake me up.

Now for all intensive purposes, I was awake, or more accurately, aware. I could hear the conversations going on around me plain as day. I could hear my sister explaining to them that she doesn't like my ex, not even one tiny bit. As my sister is trying to wake me up, I attempt to raise my left arm to let her know I'm awake, and I'm feeling my arm raise up in the air. I repeat this several times and after a while I thought, "Surely she can see my arm moving" but I can hear them laughing and carrying on and saying things like, "Boy, he really is out, isn't he?" and at this time I kind of start freaking out, because as far as I'm concerned, I'm awake and moving, yet they are joking about me sleeping so hard. After much effort, I finally got my eyes open.

Talking with my sister about it later, she said that my eyelids were moving, but that's it.

I'm kind of freaked out about it a little bit even now, because at the point I really started freaking out, I was thinking, "I'm in a coma and can't snap out of it!"

Has anybody else experienced anything else like this?
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Not exactly, Viking. However, sometimes I think I'm having sex with Lynda Carter, but I'm actually not.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Not exactly, Viking. However, sometimes I think I'm having sex with Lynda Carter, but I'm actually not.
    But is she wearing at least part of the Wonder Woman costume?
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Last Online

07.29.16 @ 03:28 AM
    Liked 73 Times in 22 Posts

You're not alone! I actually had this happen to me in my sleep just a few days ago and I thought I was crazy. It was morning and my dad was in the laundry room putting stuff in the washer and dryer before he left for work. My door was open (it usually is closed when I am sleeping). I was dreaming about driving around and my friends were driving behind me. While i asleep I could clearly hear the doors of the washer and dryer being opening and shut and my dad making noise, but I was dreaming that it was my friends trying to get into the house and play some sort a trick on me while i asleep. My dream had switched from driving around to me in my bed looking towards the laundry room. I was trying so hard to wake myself up to stop them for whatever reason even yelling at some points. I could hear my dad say "Are you ok?" and eventually i woke myself up, but I did not even realize it because the view in my dream was the same as when I woke up; looking out my door towards the laundry room. This caused the change from dream to reality to be really weird. I was very light headed when I was waking up and it gave me a blistering headache for about 5 hours. I have never talked in my sleep before and I wasn't afraid of my friends by any means in my dream so I'm not sure why it all happened, but it was traumatic trying to wake myself up and struggling to do so.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Superbird View Post
    You're not alone! I actually had this happen to me in my sleep just a few days ago and I thought I was crazy. It was morning and my dad was in the laundry room putting stuff in the washer and dryer before he left for work. My door was open (it usually is closed when I am sleeping). I was dreaming about driving around and my friends were driving behind me. While i asleep I could clearly hear the doors of the washer and dryer being opening and shut and my dad making noise, but I was dreaming that it was my friends trying to get into the house and play some sort a trick on me while i asleep. My dream had switched from driving around to me in my bed looking towards the laundry room. I was trying so hard to wake myself up to stop them for whatever reason even yelling at some points. I could hear my dad say "Are you ok?" and eventually i woke myself up, but I did not even realize it because the view in my dream was the same as when I woke up; looking out my door towards the laundry room. This caused the change from dream to reality to be really weird. I was very light headed when I was waking up and it gave me a blistering headache for about 5 hours. I have never talked in my sleep before and I wasn't afraid of my friends by any means in my dream so I'm not sure why it all happened, but it was traumatic trying to wake myself up and struggling to do so.
    I was light headed also when I woke up, although I didn't have a headache afterwords.

Last Online

07.29.16 @ 03:28 AM
    Liked 73 Times in 22 Posts

Ya, I figure the headache was just the result of my brain going "What the hell?" cause i woke up in the same spot I was dreaming in. Either way, not fun. I too thought i was stuck in a coma or something.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

But is she wearing at least part of the Wonder Woman costume?
    No, not even the least part of the costume. But she lets me fly in her invisible jet, and I hear Lyle Waggoner wants to kick my ass.

Last Online

11.06.14 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 69 Times in 28 Posts

Donor

When I stay up late and get a horrible nights sleep and if I throw booze in the mix this usually happens to me on the next night if I don't nap during the day.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

for all intents and purposes...no.

"is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

That's pretty much it.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Once, Cathedral, Poundcake
    Last Online

10.11.14 @ 03:02 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    and I hear Lyle Waggoner wants to kick my ass.

Ladies and gentlemen, hobos and tramps, Cross-eyed mosquitoes and bowlegged ants; I'm here before you to stand behind you To tell you something I know nothing about... ~Sammy Hagar

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...LSe/weight.png

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.06.14 @ 12:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

If I sleep in front of a tv I can dream the dialog of what's on. I interpret what they are saying. Mostly those infomercials on the discovery channels.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

This happened to me a few years ago. It felt like I was pinned to the bed, I was trying to move my legs but I couldn't and I genuinely started to panic, so I understand how you feel Viking. It is pretty unsettling at the time.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/