Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Somewhat Interesting Differences At The Links When Using Google Chrome

I've been trying out Google's Chrome web browser on and off, ever since it became available in a beta mode a few months ago. It truly is not anything worth leaving Firefox over, and as others have pointed out there are some potentially bad quirks inherent in it's system.

Strangely, some web sites appear to have subtle differences when you use the service. For instance, here is a screen shot of the Links when using the Firefox browser...

Circled in red is the "Quick Links" option for site navigation. In the following image of the site using Chrome, you'll notice this option does not appear. In fact, it has been replaced by two relatively benign options...

Incidentally, if you accidentally hit Mark Forums read, you disable any manner of reviewing the day's postings. The posting options are changed as well, yet are of a negligible impact.

All in all, it takes some getting used to, yet is not worthy of complaint. I merely offer this to show the differences, yet I am curious as to why there would be any differences at all. Anyone?
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:58 AM
    Liked 11,576 Times in 4,934 Posts

Why are you using Google Chrome?

Seems like Google Chrome doesn't know how to read javascript commands very well.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Why are you using Google Chrome?

Seems like Google Chrome doesn't know how to read javascript commands very well.
    As I mentioned, I've merely been dabbling with it, as I have no plans to replace Firefox. I was simply curious as to why it would offer a different view of the site. As for the browser itself, it does have a remarkable tendency to overload and crash for the simplest of things, such as loading a game at ebuam's world. It is a tad faster, yet this can be attributed to the limited amount of folks actually using the device. Chrome is an odd thing, and some of it's so-called improvements are little more than over-simplification for the sake of expediency. And the "Options" section it utterly laughable.

Yet it is an option available to those perhaps frustrated by IE or Firefox, and therefore worthy of inspection.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 12.24.08 at 08:04 PM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 06:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i just tried using safari, and it looks just like chrome, so it's not a chrome only difference.

i'm not an expert, but i know u can put client side code to do different things depending what client browser is running. maybe it's a flaw in the bbs code.