Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Default How the owner of the Patriots, Robert Kraft came into my bar!

I was debating what forum to put this in and didn't want it to get buried in the NFL thread. Please move to Non if appropriate.

So last Saturday the 13th, the bar I work at was having their Christmas party/ fundraiser for charity. Early that morning I went golfing with the bar owner while his wife was at work still getting ready for the party with a friend of hers. Well the owners live right upstairs and have a Patriots flag out during football season (they are both from Amherst and huge Pats and Sox fans). Because the Pats were in town to play the Raiders that weekend, Mr. Kraft and his wife/girlfriend (not sure if he's married) were hanging out at Pier 39 for a while that morning.

After they left the pier, they were driving by and saw the flag and decided to pull over. Because the bar wasn't open yet and he saw the owners friend inside he tapped on the glass to see if he could come in. The friend then asked the wife if they were gonna open early. The wife told her that they opened at one and he should come back then. Mr. Kraft then yelled through the door that he saw the flag and that he was the owner. The wife heard this and thought, I'm the owner and the other one is playing golf so she came out of the office to see who it was. She recognized him right away and let him in.

She then told him about the party later that night and he said he and his wife were going to dinner at Gary Danko's and would try and stop by after dinner. He then donated two tickets to the Raider/Patriots game for the charity raffle. So later that afternoon the owner and I got back from golfing and heard the whole story. So when Mr. Kraft was at dinner, the owners called over to the restaurant and had a bottle of champagne sent over to him to thank him for his donation.

Well later that night during the party, guess who showed up? As soon as he came in the owners saw him and once again thanked him. He then gave the husband a Patriots Super Bowl pin. At that point, everyone in the bar sang For He's A Jolly Good Fellow to him.

***Sucka, I hope you see this next part***

Not very many people got to speak with him but one who did had one of the most memorable lines. He's a regular at the bar and is a huge Eagles fan. He approached Mr. Kraft and said, Mr. Kraft, would you please buy the Eagles?! Mr. Kraft got a good laugh out of it. I didn't have the chance to speak with him as I was actually tending bar, but it was still memorable. There are some more pictures that I'm still waiting on, but here's the first one I got sent to me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Cool story man!
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did anybody tell him that his head coach was a cheater.

cool story.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:13 AM
    Liked 541 Times in 322 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

LOL, good one. That whole thing tore Kraft up - he is an upright kind of guy, there was actually some level of local speculation wondering if Kraft would fire Belichick over that whole mess. Bottom line is, Kraft is a businessman, and a shrewd one, first, and Belichick is good for the business. Kraft can be a cold hearted bastard, just ask his paper company employees. Overall, though, I've heard he's a good guy.