Register

Thread: Line 6 Vetta ll

Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

Default Line 6 Vetta ll

Happy Holidays to all. I just purchased a slightly used L6 Vetta ll and it's pretty damn cool. Almost too many options to choose from on this baby.
    Does anyone else out there have one?
    I'm always looking for tips on tweeking sounds etc .... feedback is welcome.
    Thanks CV

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

07.17.10 @ 05:17 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Vettas are pretty cool amps, but they take quite a bit of tweaking to nail down a great tone. I use one, but am actually using an older software version (1.10) than the "current" one (2.50?). Here's a link to me playing my Axis through my Vetta:

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPEz_N2EvQE
    www.tunecore.com/music/brandonkeirns

The most important pieces of musical gear are the ones you can't buy; your hands, your head, and your heart.

I can't "think" my way to a great riff, I can only "feel" it when I hear it...

Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

vetta

thanks man I appreciate your input. BTW, your youtube link didn't work.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.20.16 @ 05:46 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by cav View Post
    I use to own a vetta. I'd recommended downloading some patches people create for the tones you want as a starting point and then tweak them to more of your preference. Worked pretty well for me. I still download patches but use it for toneport.
    http://line6.com/customtone/

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by cav View Post
    take out the extra http at the beggining
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I never owned one personally but I have a lot of experience with them. They're pretty cool but like the others are saying, it's one of those amps that you really have to spend a great deal of time dialing in the various tones you're going to want and then creating your presets and such. Once you get it where you want it, I think you'll really enjoy it. Are you using it with a Line 6 cab or running it through something else? I always had mixed feelings about their cabs.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's try this again....

It's a great amp! I'm using a model of the Marshall JMP-1 PreAmp to get my distorted tone. Onboard delay is also used...
    Last edited by quilttop1; 12.19.08 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Extra text not needed

The most important pieces of musical gear are the ones you can't buy; your hands, your head, and your heart.

Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

Default to tube or not tube

I appreciate the input from all on this. It was a struggle mentally for me to "not" buy a tube amp. I have had a tube amp for the past 15 yrs and I believe in them very much. That said, I really liked the Vetta ll and decided to trust my gut. Afterall, I'm just hanging @ home,playing for my own enjoyment. My Vetta is a 2x12 combo. It's like having 100 amps @ your fingertips....Pretty cool.... Peace - CV

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

CV,

I think you'll really enjoy the Vetta (mine's a 2x12 also). Though it can take a little tweak time, I've found that there aren't many tones I can't find somewhere in there. The "Bradshaw rig" style layout is pretty cool, too. Have a ball!

Brandon

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 2,848 Times in 1,230 Posts

Premium Member

I picked one up and thought it was a pretty good thing for me as living downtown in an apartment doesn't really provide the best surroundings for a half-stack. It was pretty cool...

...at least for a little while. Then, I got a glitch in the software. Line 6 might have the worst support department in the history of Western Civilization. I never got through to anyone there who could help me. My local ma & pa shop doesn't do Line 6 repair, so I had to take it to <gulp> Guitar Center. It took those ass-clowns 3 weeks to ship it to someone who could fix it.

The repairman replaced the mother board even though the problem was mainly a software glitch. He got the amp running again, but doing any changes to the presets was still really glitchy. When I asked him to fix the software, he said it was best to leave it alone and that the cause of the software glitch was due to "Gremlins."

So, today, I have a Line 6 Vetta that kinda works--for the $2k that I paid for it back then, I'm extremely pissed off at this amp. Line 6 will never see a dime from me ever again.

Other than that, they are great amps!

Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Fable View Post
    I picked one up and thought it was a pretty good thing for me as living downtown in an apartment doesn't really provide the best surroundings for a half-stack. It was pretty cool...

...at least for a little while. Then, I got a glitch in the software. Line 6 might have the worst support department in the history of Western Civilization. I never got through to anyone there who could help me. My local ma & pa shop doesn't do Line 6 repair, so I had to take it to <gulp> Guitar Center. It took those ass-clowns 3 weeks to ship it to someone who could fix it.

The repairman replaced the mother board even though the problem was mainly a software glitch. He got the amp running again, but doing any changes to the presets was still really glitchy. When I asked him to fix the software, he said it was best to leave it alone and that the cause of the software glitch was due to "Gremlins."

So, today, I have a Line 6 Vetta that kinda works--for the $2k that I paid for it back then, I'm extremely pissed off at this amp. Line 6 will never see a dime from me ever again.

Other than that, they are great amps!
    That is certainly the other side of the coin, but I'm glad you shared your experience. If the Vetta goes down, it sounds like it's a challenge to find good support to fix it. Do you have the Vetta 1 or 2? Line 6 has been around long enough @ this point whereby they SHOULD have better customer service. There's really no excuse for the way you were treated. And to boot, they have lost any future sales with you. I hope I don't have to call them for help!!!