Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 724 Times in 341 Posts

Default Would somebody please!!!!!???????

I don't buy stuff on ebay, so I don't have an account, and therefore can't post a question or comment on an auction. Would someone that does please set this fuckhole straight?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ernie-Ball-Music...1%7C240%3A1318

What a dickweed.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,319 Times in 3,175 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Yeah its bullshit. You buy a signature guitar you don't remove the signature. Plus the tremolo looks a little too new don't you think?

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know guys.... It sure looks like an EVH model -- and if it isn't one, it is an insanely good copy. I doubt it is an axis because check out where the pickup selector is. Also, there is NO way that thing is an OLP by the looks of the birdseye neck, the neckplate, and the rear cavity placement. What exactly do you guys have a problem with?

Also, weren't there some early EVH models without the signature?

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:36 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

The neck is definately not OLP. The body could be a modded OLP though. I've never seen a real EBMM with that kind of quilt pattern. It looks more like the cheapy quilt film on an OLP. Plus the lack of a sig on the headstock. The Erine Ball is either gonna say "Axis" or have EVH's sig. It could also be a custom build. I'd stay away from this one for sure.

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    I don't know guys.... It sure looks like an EVH model -- and if it isn't one, it is an insanely good copy. I doubt it is an axis because check out where the pickup selector is. Also, there is NO way that thing is an OLP by the looks of the birdseye neck, the neckplate, and the rear cavity placement. What exactly do you guys have a problem with?

Also, weren't there some early EVH models without the signature?
    those were my thoughts too. It's a helluva good looking copy if it is. The Price and the D-tuna are what kinda tip me off. No mention of the fact that he installed after the fact. I think it is a copy though because it looks TOO good for a guitar that is 15 + years old.

Last Online

It is a Japanese Axis. After EVH left EBMM, the Axis in Japan kept all the same specs as the original EVH. The big difference is that the top is one solid piece of figured maple, and is not "bookmatched". There were some non-signature EVHs made in America shortly after EVH left EBMM, but they all have a bookmatched top. Those are still, technically speaking, and Axis and not an EVH. Aside from that, it is an actual EBMM, just made for the Japanese market. I think that maybe the body blanks and necks are sent to Japan from EBMM/USA, and finished in Japan. See the "Rare Ernie Ball Music Man EVH Ad". Well, I believe the "Tap Dancer" is the Japanese name for that model. That would be why there is not the actual EVH ad that came with the original EVH signature guitar.

Anyway, it is not an EBMM/EVH, and should not be advertised as such.
    Last edited by nobozos; 12.18.08 at 05:02 PM.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

That is a japenese built ebmm, the reason they are one piece tops is they are veneers, like the wolfgang EXP. Look at the EXP's, they are one piece tops. I call them "peelers ", because they peel a log and use tissue thin veeners as opposed to cutting regular lumber. For example they can get 1000 veener guitar tops as opposed to 100 solid wood tops. I have been outspoke against this practice before.

Last Online

Hey Scott, isn't it true though that on this particular guitar, the maple cap is the same thickness as a USA/EBMM, but the figuring is the veneer. I can't say for sure, as I have never seen one of the Japanese Axis' up close. It's my understanding that the Japanese Axis is made to the same specs as the USA, except for the bookmatched top.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:10 AM
    Liked 11,559 Times in 4,925 Posts

I have a REAL Amber EBMM, that one is NOT real. And I have a first year pink one and the signature is there.

I can post pics of my Amber EBMM, which is BEAUTIFUL compared to that crap.

What the "Made in San Luis Obispo" was also removed from the back of the neck? Yeah right.

That serial number is bullshit too, both of mine are all numbers, there's no letters.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The guy says that Ebmm does not use CNC's. Oh yes they Do!!!!! I know I worked there!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:10 AM
    Liked 11,559 Times in 4,925 Posts

What is CNC?
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

Computer Numerical Control

It is a computer controlled machine, which in the guitar manufacturing process, is used to make identical cuts, routes, and holes in the body and neck of the guitars.

It allows consistency and precision to be maintained in production from one guitar to the next.

It's not a bad thing. There are some that believe that unless a guitar is completely hand made, that it is crap. I don't subscribe to this line of thought. I do believe that there are certian points in the manufacturing process where it is important for people, and not machines, to do the work, but there is nothing wrong with precision and accuracy when it comes to cutting and routing the bodies as long as there are proper quality control measures employed.

BTW, every major manufacturer of musical instruments uses CNC machines. EVERY ONE. PRS, Gibson, EBMM, Fender, all of them.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nobozos View Post
    Hey Scott, isn't it true though that on this particular guitar, the maple cap is the same thickness as a USA/EBMM, but the figuring is the veneer. I can't say for sure, as I have never seen one of the Japanese Axis' up close. It's my understanding that the Japanese Axis is made to the same specs as the USA, except for the bookmatched top.
    I am 99 % sure that the japanese version ebmm is a veeneer, I remember someone verifying that at ernie ball a while back. The Wolfgang's are for sure tissue thin veneer. They peel them just thin enough to where they won't fall apart. Then they hang them to dry before using them. The stock ebmm body is 1/8" stock. It helps save them money, but you can still get a minimal effect on tone. I like to offer 3/16", 1/4" and 1/2" on my bodies. If for some reason that one above is an odd ball transition U.S model with a 1/8" top that would make it unique and valuable. There is no way to tell, except to pull the neck off to see how thick the top is inside the rout.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Yup... looks like you guys got it all figured out. This is one of those Japanese EBMMs. The douche seller needs to be told to change his shit.

Edit--Here's the email I just sent the seller:

Hi:

This is not an EVH EBMM. Shortly after the contract with EVH ended, Ernie Ball produced a small number of EVH-style guitars in Japan, which is why the one you're selling lacks both the EVH signature on the headstock and manufacturing info on the back of the headstock. Technically the model you're selling is an early-model Ernie Ball Axis, made in Japan; the maple tops on these models were all one-piece veneers.
    Last edited by AT; 12.18.08 at 08:36 PM.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, thanks guys. I didn't know about a Japanese run of Ernie Balls. Now I have another thing I know to look out for on EVH-ish looking guitars, which is always good.