Thread: EVH GEAR!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default EVH GEAR!!!

Just a heads up http://www.evhgear.com/.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 04:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Was posted already....
    [/SIGPIC]See Ya Derek !....5150canuck

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

It's a good website so far that gets updated when something new happens.

It still does not have the complete specs on the new Wolfgang, however; and I want to know them!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post

It still does not have the complete specs on the new Wolfgang, however; and I want to know them!!
    so does ed...

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:15 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

Don't worry Andrew. You'll have 15-20 of them in no time.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bjk View Post
    Don't worry Andrew. You'll have 15-20 of them in no time.
    Sadly, no. I am going to try and buy one right away. But--reality kicks in--that will probably be it. I anticipate a very high price tag on this Wolf (if it's too high I actually won't be getting one right away), and priorities in life have changed. This week alone I'll have put $2,000 into my car; my wife and I are paying down debt and saving for a house (which we were hoping to be buying spring '09, but it's now looking more like spring '10); and paying gigs and studio work are down this year, thus my income is down.

(Looks like I'm just venting after a tough financial week...)

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:15 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

Sadly, no. I am going to try and buy one right away. But--reality kicks in--that will probably be it. I anticipate a very high price tag on this Wolf (if it's too high I actually won't be getting one right away), and priorities in life have changed. This week alone I'll have put $2,000 into my car; my wife and I are paying down debt and saving for a house (which we were hoping to be buying spring '09, but it's now looking more like spring '10); and paying gigs and studio work are down this year, thus my income is down.

(Looks like I'm just venting after a tough financial week...)
    Yeah, I hear ya. I can't see a ton of Wolfgang owners rushing out to pay double for something they essentially already have. Especially when money's tight. I'm sure it'll be a fine guitar, but so is the Peavey. I think the fact that Ed is micro-analyzing every fabric of the guitar is missing the point a bit, and fixing what ain't broke. How 'bout taking a break from pimping gear and pimp a new VH record.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hang in there, AT. It'll get better. Over the next year and a half will be a spectacular time to buy a house. Killer deals on the market.

I'm in the same boat as far as wanting to get an early Wolf, but not willing to shell out $2,500 for one at this time. I think it'll be in the 2k area easy. I hope I'm wrong. If Peavey could sell it cheaper, why can't Fender? I have to admit, I am excited about it, though. Want details.

I do have hope since this Ellis guy is involved in this project. From what I've read and heard about him, I like him. He seems like somebody that would put quality with this guitar first. I know he doesn't deal with the business side (i.e. the money bottom line). But it just seems like he doesn't stop on the details until they are right. He may be one of the key reasons this is a very good piece to play.

Last Online

06.07.13 @ 02:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I posted a similar thing elsewhere - Vai, Satch, Morse, Gilbert, Lynch etc have all had the same 'signature' guitars for 20+ years.

Yngwie, Johnson, Clapton, Knopfler etc all have signature versions of existing guitars

Wylde, Page, Tyler etc all have a signature version of a signature version (bizarre, but true).

Why are all these guys happy with a single organisation with a set of fundamental requirements / dimensions for their guitars.....but Ed changes manufacturer, necks, pick ups etc etc over and over again.........

Weird - Just make a new record and go on tour!!!! Seriously though - it v.strange.
    Ed: Actually, the last record I bought was by a band called Brand X
    Al: I make my living by viciously attacking something
    Mike: ...actually I don't drink.
    Sammy: Are these yours Eddie?
    Dave: Look at that ankle - dirty girl!

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:43 PM
    Liked 727 Times in 344 Posts

I'm convinced more and more that over the years Eddie's hearing has degraded to the point that what he interprets as good tone is not so great.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    I posted a similar thing elsewhere - Vai, Satch, Morse, Gilbert, Lynch etc have all had the same 'signature' guitars for 20+ years.

Yngwie, Johnson, Clapton, Knopfler etc all have signature versions of existing guitars

Wylde, Page, Tyler etc all have a signature version of a signature version (bizarre, but true).

Why are all these guys happy with a single organisation with a set of fundamental requirements / dimensions for their guitars.....but Ed changes manufacturer, necks, pick ups etc etc over and over again.........

Weird - Just make a new record and go on tour!!!! Seriously though - it v.strange.
    Those guys gave up chasing tone...you gotta remember Ed's a tone chaser...4 LIFE.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    ...Why are all these guys happy with a single organisation with a set of fundamental requirements / dimensions for their guitars.....but Ed changes manufacturer, necks, pick ups etc etc over and over again.........

It may not be as weird as you believe. I mean think about it: Some people just have this thing in their personalities that makes them wear out their welcome in given situations. Be it Keith Olbermann, Rosanne Barr, coach Buddy Ryan, Rosie O'Donell, ect, all have needed to move on to (temporarily) greener pastures after a certain period. You'll notice these personalities tend to come on strong and appear to be working toward success, perhaps even capturing and maintaining it for a while before being forced to exit the area amid much recrimination and finger pointing.

To give Ed Van Halen the benefit of the doubt, perhaps the guy truly is seeking out a form of excellence, and feels a marked need to sever ties with companies in order to move forward and attain it. This may be the case, yet there is indeed a noticeable pattern at work here.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    It may not be as weird as you believe. I mean think about it: Some people just have this thing in their personalities that makes them wear out their welcome in given situations. Be it Keith Olbermann, Rosanne Barr, coach Buddy Ryan, Rosie O'Donell, ect, all have needed to move on to (temporarily) greener pastures after a certain period. You'll notice these personalities tend to come on strong and appear to be working toward success, perhaps even capturing and maintaining it for a while before being forced to exit the area amid much recrimination and finger pointing.

To give Ed Van Halen the benefit of the doubt, perhaps the guy truly is seeking out a form of excellence, and feels a marked need to sever ties with companies in order to move forward and attain it. This may be the case, yet there is indeed a noticeable pattern at work here.
    And... His sound has always changed somewhat, from one VH record to the next, from one VH tour to the next.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cokemach1 View Post
    Hang in there, AT. It'll get better. Over the next year and a half will be a spectacular time to buy a house. Killer deals on the market.

I'm in the same boat as far as wanting to get an early Wolf, but not willing to shell out $2,500 for one at this time. I think it'll be in the 2k area easy. I hope I'm wrong. If Peavey could sell it cheaper, why can't Fender? I have to admit, I am excited about it, though. Want details.

I do have hope since this Ellis guy is involved in this project. From what I've read and heard about him, I like him. He seems like somebody that would put quality with this guitar first. I know he doesn't deal with the business side (i.e. the money bottom line). But it just seems like he doesn't stop on the details until they are right. He may be one of the key reasons this is a very good piece to play.
    Thanks, coke. No sympathy is necessary, though. I'm doing well in life with work and family; things are just tight financially, that's all.

With Peavey Ed & Co. had a price point they wanted to meet. They wanted the guitar to be under a certain price, which is why the guitar eventually had a flame top instead of a quilt; the quality of quilt maple they were getting was disappointing, and to get what they wanted they would've had to exceed their price point thus pushing the cost of the guitar up. So they switched to flame maple. This new Wolf has five-ply binding on the body AND headstock. That's thick binding that needs to be installed by hand. Hello something that drives the price up! I do fear the price tag...