Updated.. Go check ik out.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:56 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

If only Ed would promote the BAND like he does the guitars ect......
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
    If only Ed would promote the BAND like he does the guitars ect......
    that's something I really have never understood. Assuming that he is in complete control over what is released and all the other aspects of the group, I have no idea why more is not done with the band and their catalog. It makes no sense why Van Halen doesn't have box sets, dvd collections, reissues etc etc.

If Ed really is as greedy and self-preoccupied as many criticize him for being, how is it that he has not milked the VH legacy for everything its worth? I know I for one would LOVE to have a VH Ipod like the ones they've done for
    U2 and some other bands. I would love a huge career spanning boxed set with each record, b-sides, live cuts, unfinished music, etc. I'd especially love to hear tracks from the period right around the transition from DLR to Hagar. I've always heard that stuff like Right Now dates back to 1984 and that Dave even tried to sing something over it. Wouldn't it be neat to hear Hagar era riffs taking shape? What about all those fabled live performances? How cool would a VH Anthology be? Do you guys think it wouldn't sell as much as similar hard rock/metal sets?

It just seems that VH has completely missed the opportunity to build on its legacy and obviously make some serious money.

So it begs some questions:

1. Has ed simply lost his mind? Does he live in his own little world with his own realities where these sort of questions just don't come up?

2. Is he not particularly interested in revisiting his career? Does he find something unappealing about it?

3. Is he so bitter and broken off from DLR, Hagar and Anthony that he is simply refusing to release anything like this for the sole purpose of not having to share the receipts?

4. Are people around him, Wolfgang, his new wife, his old wife, his brother, or anyone else even encouraging it?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:21 AM
    Liked 4,810 Times in 2,455 Posts

Premium Member

The reason why this site is different than VH is because Fender is behind it. They have made an investment into Eddie and need a ROI. Van Halen has no product so there really is nothing to promote.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    The reason why this site is different than VH is because Fender is behind it. They have made an investment into Eddie and need a ROI. Van Halen has no product so there really is nothing to promote.
    I disagree...their entire 30+ year career is all the product anyone should need...I just don't see anyone being the "keeper of the flame" so-to-speak for this band. Especially coming off the tour, it's all been so very anti-climactic.

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

the old site looked much better. This new one looks very juvenile.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

07.19.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Notice how they removed the "Exclusive" Ed demo of the 5150III that was promised to be coming for the past year.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 18,190 Times in 8,988 Posts

Did I really just see EVH Shoes on sale?

No comment....
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:55 PM
    Liked 2,103 Times in 687 Posts

I think the site look great.

Hot For Teacher and that little movie at the start. Nice.

And I'm getting the EVH sneakers day one they come out.

It's nice to have Eddie back happy and healthy after all those years of cancer, smoking loon, and silence...

Now bring on the NEW MUSIC.
    Fashion your life as a garland of good deeds.

- Buddha

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

man , does eddie hate shirts or what ?
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

06.14.16 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    that's something I really have never understood. Assuming that he is in complete control over what is released and all the other aspects of the group, I have no idea why more is not done with the band and their catalog. It makes no sense why Van Halen doesn't have box sets, dvd collections, reissues etc etc.

If Ed really is as greedy and self-preoccupied as many criticize him for being, how is it that he has not milked the VH legacy for everything its worth? I know I for one would LOVE to have a VH Ipod like the ones they've done for
    U2 and some other bands. I would love a huge career spanning boxed set with each record, b-sides, live cuts, unfinished music, etc. I'd especially love to hear tracks from the period right around the transition from DLR to Hagar. I've always heard that stuff like Right Now dates back to 1984 and that Dave even tried to sing something over it. Wouldn't it be neat to hear Hagar era riffs taking shape? What about all those fabled live performances? How cool would a VH Anthology be? Do you guys think it wouldn't sell as much as similar hard rock/metal sets?

It just seems that VH has completely missed the opportunity to build on its legacy and obviously make some serious money.

So it begs some questions:

1. Has ed simply lost his mind? Does he live in his own little world with his own realities where these sort of questions just don't come up?

2. Is he not particularly interested in revisiting his career? Does he find something unappealing about it?

3. Is he so bitter and broken off from DLR, Hagar and Anthony that he is simply refusing to release anything like this for the sole purpose of not having to share the receipts?

4. Are people around him, Wolfgang, his new wife, his old wife, his brother, or anyone else even encouraging it?
    Well, let's see here..

I have every VH album, I see no reasons for VH to re-release old songs yet again. The Best Of Both Worlds was Warner Bros Idea, not Ed and Al's. Why would anyone want the old songs in a new package "if" you already have every album? You pay $40 bucks for your new "box set" bring it home, unwrap it and stick a CD in your CD player and guess what? You hear the same exact songs you have sitting over in your CD collection! Yeah, that's really exciting, right?

VH hasn't had a new album in far too many years. In the past they promoted all their albums by doing loads of interviews and touring.. like every other band.

Probably just about every unreleased song, concert clip, interview, TV appearances etc etc etc is on you tube for anyone to find.

The last thing VH needs to do is promote their past. It was great, it was another place and time, it's over. If they release some new stuff, great, you'll see them promoting it.

Eddie just got done with a world tour not too long ago, he's getting married and he's been working on and promoting his new gear. Big deal, welcome to the world. Eddie's doing nothing anyone of us wouldn't be doing if we were in his shoes.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

well the site is evh gear so its real purpose is to promote eddie line of equipment
    van-halen.com is the bands promotional site (although its still nt saying anything) but complaining that evhgear.com isnt promoting new music is a little daft(imo) its IS promoting what it should be, so stop complaining.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

So this new gee-tar, is it a Fender or not?
    Coz i don't see the Fender sign anywhere on the site...

Maybe the guitar is ashamed of being a Fender...
    Little Dreamer

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:55 PM
    Liked 2,103 Times in 687 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HanValen View Post
    Eddie's doing nothing anyone of us wouldn't be doing if we were in his shoes.
    Soon we'll BE in his shoes for real.
    Fashion your life as a garland of good deeds.

- Buddha