Register
    Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.14.12 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default The New EVH Custom Shop (Fender)

Hey Guys n' Gals,

Has anyone got any concrete info about the new EVH custom shop, will it exist? Are there plans for one or will it just be just cream, black and sunburst.

No speculation here plz, if you have real info spill it !

Martin.

PS

Rat, did you sell your PV Wolfgang Custom shop special ??

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Crap. I thought THIS thread was confirmation of a new custom shop.

I imagine more will come later, just as it did with the Peavey run. Perhaps there will be another Wolfgang "Special," and perhaps there will be another custom shop. I'd expect the prices to be significantly higher than they were with Peavey, however; such seems to be the way with EVH Gear and Fender now as well.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know guys -- I wasn't exactly happy hearing Chip talk about 'shame on you if you want to change anything about the new wolfgang, because we have already figured out the best possible parts for it etc. etc.,' in the new GW interview. That sure doesn't sound to me like they have much of a custom shop/any consumer options in mind at all. Now, I would bet the EVH Wolf will be a fantastic guitar -- but what if you like rosewood fingerboards? Or a non-locking stoptail? You know, even if it is 'the best guitar ever' in it's own niche, that doesn't mean it will sound or play that well for everyone thru their own rig. Its one thing to only make one model of guitar, and not offer custom options from the factory. They may alienate some customers, but that's their choice and is fine. But when you go as far as scolding everyone else for even thinking about modding your product which only comes 1 WAY TO BEGIN WITH, I thought that was ridiculous.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

I was irritated by that as well. Not like it's a big deal or anything, but it annoyed me.

It's almost as if....and I know Chip doesn't truly believe this.....but it's almost as if he's insinuating I'm not "part of the club" if I don't like every exact detail of the new Wolfgang.

Excuse me, Chip, if I don't want a locking nut or stainless steel frets on my hardtail guitar.

Interesting that Chip himself noted that there was "a ton of metal" still left on Ed's rarely refretted Frankie neck from the 1980s, yet he supposedly needs his Wolfgang guitars refretted every 3 months without stainless steel frets. He went OUT OF HIS WAY to make the point that in spite of Ed's apparent "pipe-fitter" like grip on the neck, that he actually has a light touch, and had hardly worn-in his Frankie frets. Now a year later, Ed can't live 3 months without a re-fret.

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:34 PM
    Liked 727 Times in 344 Posts

Hell, I'd just be happy to see a production Wolfgang at this point.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Fire in the Hole
    Last Online

12.26.11 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's my concern over the article, it specifically mentions that a few dozen white, black and sunburst models will be shipping to their new homes. Does that mean the initial run will only include those colors? I was hoping for some purple or red ones...seems like Ed has turned into Mr. Anal-McLuny...
    Eddie and Dave...the way it was meant to be

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    Interesting that Chip himself noted that there was "a ton of metal" still left on Ed's rarely refretted Frankie neck from the 1980s, yet he supposedly needs his Wolfgang guitars refretted every 3 months without stainless steel frets. He went OUT OF HIS WAY to make the point that in spite of Ed's apparent "pipe-fitter" like grip on the neck, that he actually has a light touch, and had hardly worn-in his Frankie frets. Now a year later, Ed can't live 3 months without a re-fret.

my gibson mIII had to be refretted after 12months or so but my kramer from 1984 has never needed doing and the frets still feel great, i think more modern/recent fretwire is utterly crap my gibson now has stainless frets and feels fantastic.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:56 PM
    Liked 1,608 Times in 744 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    EVH Wolf will be a fantastic guitar -- but what if you like rosewood fingerboards? Or a non-locking stoptail? You know, even if it is 'the best guitar ever' in it's own niche, that doesn't mean it will sound or play that well for everyone thru their own rig. Its one thing to only make one model of guitar, and not offer custom options from the factory. They may alienate some customers
    The answer is easy... You don't buy the new Wolfgang...

If you're looking for a guitar with a Floyd or something, you're not going to buy a Gibson, unless of course, you want to customize it...

I could never understand why Peavey offered the custom options for the first Wolfgang... Its a signature model... As soon as you change something, it's not a signature model anymore... I don't know... It just doesn't make sense to me.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie5150 View Post
    The answer is easy... You don't buy the new Wolfgang...

If you're looking for a guitar with a Floyd or something, you're not going to buy a Gibson, unless of course, you want to customize it...

I could never understand why Peavey offered the custom options for the first Wolfgang... Its a signature model... As soon as you change something, it's not a signature model anymore... I don't know... It just doesn't make sense to me.
    It's not a signature model, it's a signature design, which is much more than just an artist-specific Les Paul or Strat.

Last Online

03.06.10 @ 03:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    It's not a signature model, it's a signature design, which is much more than just an artist-specific Les Paul or Strat.
    Thats what it turned into, but really, its a sig model guitar...

I'd like a Malmsteen Strat, with a Floyd... But then it wouldn't be a Malmsteen Signature Strat...

I'd like a Slash Les Paul Goldtop... But I want a Maple neck, and shaved like a Zakk Wylde model... Slash doesn't play that, so why make a guitar like this, and call it a Slash Signature Les Paul???

I could go on and on...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think it's a matter of EVH going beyond traditional signature models like the Slash, Sambora, Malmsteen, Clapton etc etc...at least with Peavey it was an EVH line of guitars based loosely on his signature model. I think there's a lot of growth potential for the EVH brand in this capacity. I think it would be neat to have the signature model and then have variations, neck shapes, fretboard woods, body wood choices, pick up configurations etc...Perhaps this is what Ed is going for long-term and is testing the waters with Fender to see if they can provide the type of manufacturing capabilities and distribution mechanisms to pull it off...god knows.

Though I agree, if you buy a signature model of somebody's and mod it, it's not a signature model anymore.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

EVH Wolf will be a fantastic guitar -- but what if you like rosewood fingerboards? Or a non-locking stoptail? You know, even if it is 'the best guitar ever' in it's own niche, that doesn't mean it will sound or play that well for everyone thru their own rig. Its one thing to only make one model of guitar, and not offer custom options from the factory. They may alienate some customers
    Maybe you guys missed the point of my post....

I went on to say that I was only bothered by how Chip stated basically, 'shame on you if this guitar isn't the best thing in the world to you, and you prefer something slightly different.'
    I've got no problem with Ed making whatever he wants with his company. Heck, if he wants to only put out 1 Wolfgang in 1 color, that's his decision. It's his signature guitar design. I just think it's stupid to have the guy who helped make it scold me about how I should be ashamed of even thinking about swapping out say pickups if I don't like them thru my setup.
    See where I'm coming from?

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    I was irritated by that as well. Not like it's a big deal or anything, but it annoyed me.

It's almost as if....and I know Chip doesn't truly believe this.....but it's almost as if he's insinuating I'm not "part of the club" if I don't like every exact detail of the new Wolfgang.

Excuse me, Chip, if I don't want a locking nut or stainless steel frets on my hardtail guitar.

You guys ! This is Eddies Sig geetar! Not yours. If he wanted it to be yours he would sell his dimensions and shape to Warmoth and say here ya go KIDS! LOOK YOU CAN EVEN PUT F HOLES IN THE DAMM THING! The whole Idea of the sig guitar is to have one just like his. Would you buy a Frankie and put a rosewood fretboard on it? No and if you did that would be blasphamy( is that how you spell it?)!

I understand everyone is an individual and has there own tastes but THIS IS THE MANS GEETAR. 25 YEARS AGO WE WOULD HAVE KILLED TO HAVE A VARIAC/ MARSHALL AND A FRANKIE. NOW EVERYONE WANTS TO CHANGE WHAT EDDIE USES? I have an EVH EBMM and I wouldnt change a thing about it, because i wanted his sound. I must say I play that thing and it is amaizing for modern rock tone. It I thougt it smoked the PV Wolf. Thats me. Why get something just like his just to change it?