Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Sinner's Swing! graeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.27.03
    Age
    10
    Location
    Dusseldorf, Germany.
    Posts
    3,946
    Favorite VH Album

    They're all shit
    Last Online

    11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

    Default BBC doc on the whole financial mess

    Found this on google.

    I have always thought that i had a pretty good grasp of economics but for the life of me, I have never been able to understand how the whole lack of cash crisis took place.

    This BBC documentary (about an hour long) was made just before the meltdown when we were still talking about credit crunches and sub prime loans.

    If you have an hour to kill, it's a very nice layman's explanation of how this whole thing started off. It is with a UK bias but the theme is universal.

    I really enjoyed this. Hope others do too.

    http://video.google.com/videosearch?...ch&emb=1&aq=f#
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

    My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

  2. #2
    Hang 'Em High
    Join Date
    01.07.07
    Location
    The Texxas Jam - 1978
    Posts
    5,944
    Favorite VH Album

    Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 11:59 PM
    Likes
    1,115
    Liked 1,326 Times in 796 Posts

    Default

    Time: 25 People To Blame For The Financial Crisis

    http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...877339,00.html


    Blameworthy:

    1. Angelo Mozilo
    2. Phil Gramm
    3. Alan Greenspan
    4. Chris Cox
    5. American Consumers
    6. Hank Paulson
    7. Joe Cassano
    8. Ian McCarthy
    9. Frank Raines
    10. Kathleen Corbet
    11. Dick Fuld
    12. Marion and Herb Sandler
    13. Bill Clinton
    14. George W. Bush
    15. Stan O'Neal
    16. Wen Jiabao
    17. David Lereah
    18. John Devaney
    19. Bernie Madoff
    20. Lew Ranieri
    21. Burton Jablin
    22. Fred Goodwin
    23. Sandy Weill
    24. David Oddsson
    25. Jimmy Cayne



    ~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

  3. #3
    Future's in the past....
    Join Date
    03.03.08
    Age
    51
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    13,090
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

    At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    Time: 25 People To Blame For The Financial Crisis

    http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...877339,00.html


    Blameworthy:

    1. Angelo Mozilo
    2. Phil Gramm
    3. Alan Greenspan
    4. Chris Cox
    5. American Consumers
    6. Hank Paulson
    7. Joe Cassano
    8. Ian McCarthy
    9. Frank Raines
    10. Kathleen Corbet
    11. Dick Fuld
    12. Marion and Herb Sandler
    13. Bill Clinton
    14. George W. Bush
    15. Stan O'Neal
    16. Wen Jiabao
    17. David Lereah
    18. John Devaney
    19. Bernie Madoff
    20. Lew Ranieri
    21. Burton Jablin
    22. Fred Goodwin
    23. Sandy Weill
    24. David Oddsson
    25. Jimmy Cayne


    I don't see OLO, he should be on there....
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.01
    Age
    59
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,029
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Likes
    4,474
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    And everyone on that list is wildly wealthy and only one is in prison.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

  5. #5
    Hot sauce on everything Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.07.03
    Age
    47
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    5,864
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Likes
    304
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Where's Barney Frank?

  6. #6
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,078
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 09:11 PM
    Likes
    1,314
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    And everyone on that list is wildly wealthy and only one is in prison.
    everyone but person #5 and that's the real problem

  7. #7
    Banned!
    Join Date
    05.09.02
    Location
    vancouver, bc
    Posts
    1,375
    Last Online

    02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    that is not a very good video, nor a very good explanation.

    they gloss over a lot, talk down to viewers and confuse all the issues by focusing on the drama of the situation.

    here is a better video that explains the exact mechanics of what was going on:



    it's also far shorter and far more accurate.

  8. #8
    Hang 'Em High sickman's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.13.04
    Posts
    6,169
    Favorite VH Album

    Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

    Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 05:49 PM
    Likes
    547
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Where's Barney Frank?
    Exactly, not to mention the whole senate.

    On a side note the story making the rounds last night on the news was about my dumb ass senator Dodd who wrote legislation to rein in credit card companies. The new legislation prohibits the CC companies from raising your interest rates without notice and a grace period for you to find a better rate elsewhere.
    Well low and behold the major credit card companies are raising interest rates on average of 4%. Doesn't matter that you pay on time, have a good credit rating or even have a balance. The reporter on our local news station even showed her latest statement where the card company actually owed her a refund and her rate was raised 4% from the previous month. She called AMEX to find out why and specifically asked if it had to do with the new legislation and she was told point blank, YES.
    Just another example of the government fucking things up for everyone just to please a few.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

  9. #9
    Hang 'Em High
    Join Date
    01.07.07
    Location
    The Texxas Jam - 1978
    Posts
    5,944
    Favorite VH Album

    Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 11:59 PM
    Likes
    1,115
    Liked 1,326 Times in 796 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    Exactly, not to mention the whole senate.

    On a side note the story making the rounds last night on the news was about my dumb ass senator Dodd who wrote legislation to rein in credit card companies. The new legislation prohibits the CC companies from raising your interest rates without notice and a grace period for you to find a better rate elsewhere.
    Well low and behold the major credit card companies are raising interest rates on average of 4%. Doesn't matter that you pay on time, have a good credit rating or even have a balance. The reporter on our local news station even showed her latest statement where the card company actually owed her a refund and her rate was raised 4% from the previous month. She called AMEX to find out why and specifically asked if it had to do with the new legislation and she was told point blank, YES.
    Just another example of the government fucking things up for everyone just to please a few.
    That is.... ESSENTIALLY what BIG GOVT. IS ....

    And what BIG GOVT. DOES ....

    REPS or DEMS .... THEY ARE ---ALL--- BEHOLDEN TO SPECIAL INTERESTS OF THE FEW....

    A diifferent few albeit, but in both cases....

    NEITHER ARE BEHOLDEN TO YOU --- THE LEGALLY VOTING MASSES ! ! ! ! !

    NO DOESN'T THAT S-U-C-K !!!!

    ~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Financial Advice
    By CaboBrian in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07.03.07, 09:01 PM
  2. who's managing this mess..??????
    By jorL5150 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05.19.05, 09:45 AM
  3. A Similar Regis mess up
    By Georgie in forum Van Halen 101
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02.13.01, 11:22 AM
  4. send mtv a mess.
    By nightprowler_01 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09.10.00, 12:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •