Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:40 PM
    Liked 732 Times in 347 Posts

Default Christmas Ruined!!!!!

Let me start by saying that this post is guitar related in the fact that there is a "guitar" in the story.

Ordered Rock Band II for Xbox from Walmart.com.

This was intended to be the "Big Suprise" for my kids on Christmas Morning.

Pulled into my driveway last night with all my kids in the car to find the box sitting on my FRONT STEP. No overwrapping with brown paper. No shipping box. They sent the box, as it appears on the store shelf to my house, and set it on my front step. Well, my kids saw it immediately.

I'm lucky I live in a neighborhood of mostly old people, or the box would have been stolen about 2 minutes after it hit my front step.

So what do you do? How do you top the big suprise? Anything else that they open is going to seem like socks and long underwear compared to what they already know that they are getting.

The only reason we even got the one online is that it came with the AC/DC pack bundled with it.

Fuck!
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

That absolutely sucks, man.
    Somebody's head at WalMart should roll.
    Seriously, I'd take it up with them and get a complete refund...
    ...AND keep the game to boot.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

thats good ole walmart for ya...
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Damn that sucks. I've had some bad dealings with deliveries, but nothing that has spoiled a Christmas surprise like that.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,340 Times in 3,185 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

One more life Wal-Mart ruined.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

that does suck...what did you do? It seems like at that point you just give it to them early...why bother making them wait you know?

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

i'd most certainly say theres some recourse. firstly find the store manager and complain to him both in person AND in writing andmake sure he knows you will take it aver his head if a satisfactory solution is not found. ask for a refund and to keep the game and also some compensation for the ruining of your kids CHRISTMAS surprise.

if none of that works....kill him
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Last Online

Well, my initial reaction was to just give it to them and let them play it.

BUT!!!!!!!

My wife is absolutely opposed to that, and insists that we make them wait until Christmas Morning to allow them to play it.

I don't know what the point of that is. Just seems kind of cruel to me, but I have to go with it. What Mommy wants, Mommy gets. If Mommy isn't happy, nobody is.

Anyway, I fired off an angry email to the customer service department last night, for all the good that's going to do me. Do they even understand the concept of Christmas in India where all the Customer Service Reps are?

I'm not particularly interested in seeking monetary restitution for the foul-up.
    What good would it really do at this point? There is no amount of money that is going to make it right. Even if they refunded our money and let us keep the game, the situation is still the same.

If I were a dis-honest man, I could have taken the game inside and claimed that I never got it. I mean really, how could they prove that I did? I never signed for it, and they left it on my front step in full view of the street. Anyone driving by could have seen it and taken it. You would think at some point, someone involved in this process would have had some common sense. Even if the shipping instructions said to leave the package at the front door if we weren't there, you would like to think the UPS guy would have thought, "Hmm, maybe I should at least put this by the back door so that it doesn't get stolen" But no, everyone from the warehouse to my front door appears to be a welfare-to-work walking talking brainstem.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Did the game arrive with all of the pieces intact, so that it could actually be played? Is it the store's fault that upon delivery, no one was home to accept the package? When purchasing the item, did you specify that you'd like the package wrapped in paper to conceal it's contents?

So, the big event was ruined because you could actually afford a meaningful gift for your family, it arrived intact, yet the oh so important element of surprise was removed.

Shame on you and your selfishness.

Folks are out of work at alarming levels in this country, who will not be celebrating Christmas. Families are spending the season separated by distances both great and small, suffering hardships of traumatic value that they are powerless to circumvent. The current economy and the desultory effect it has had upon people has made the term "sacrifice" more binding than it has been in decades, merely for the simplest form of day to day survival.

It's fairly certain that any of these folks would be willing to trade places with you, your family and your horribly distressed holiday this season.

Merry Christmas, indeed.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nobozos View Post
    Well, my initial reaction was to just give it to them and let them play it.

BUT!!!!!!!

My wife is absolutely opposed to that, and insists that we make them wait until Christmas Morning to allow them to play it.

I don't know what the point of that is. Just seems kind of cruel to me, but I have to go with it. What Mommy wants, Mommy gets. If Mommy isn't happy, nobody is.

Anyway, I fired off an angry email to the customer service department last night, for all the good that's going to do me. Do they even understand the concept of Christmas in India where all the Customer Service Reps are?

I'm not particularly interested in seeking monetary restitution for the foul-up.
    What good would it really do at this point? There is no amount of money that is going to make it right. Even if they refunded our money and let us keep the game, the situation is still the same.

If I were a dis-honest man, I could have taken the game inside and claimed that I never got it. I mean really, how could they prove that I did? I never signed for it, and they left it on my front step in full view of the street. Anyone driving by could have seen it and taken it. You would think at some point, someone involved in this process would have had some common sense. Even if the shipping instructions said to leave the package at the front door if we weren't there, you would like to think the UPS guy would have thought, "Hmm, maybe I should at least put this by the back door so that it doesn't get stolen" But no, everyone from the warehouse to my front door appears to be a welfare-to-work walking talking brainstem.
    Don't rely on email, call Customer Service. I had an issue with an order earlier this year and called and ended up with (surprise) a person here in the US. Considering how quickly things change with orders and such, I would imagine it has to be like that. My issue was similar, as they said the item was delivered, but it wasn't on my porch. I escalated it up to management and had my issue taken care of...never did get a reply to my email other than the automated reply that they had recieved it.

But hey, at least you've got it, right?
    Last edited by VanHalenRules; 12.04.08 at 09:14 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Did the game arrive with all of the pieces intact, so that it could actually be played? Is it the store's fault that upon delivery, no one was home to accept the package? When purchasing the item, did you specify that you'd like the package wrapped in paper to conceal it's contents?

So, the big event was ruined because you could actually afford a meaningful gift for your family, it arrived intact, yet the oh so important element of surprise was removed.

Folks are out of work at alarming levels in this country, who will not be celebrating Christmas. Families are spending the season separated by distances both great and small, suffering hardships of traumatic value that they are powerless to circumvent. The current economy and the desultory effect it has had upon people has made the term "sacrifice" more binding than it has been in decades, merely for the simplest form of day to day survival.

It's fairly certain that any of these folks would be willing to trade places with you, your family and your horribly distressed holiday this season.

Merry Christmas, indeed.
    Ordinarily, I would attempt to ignore your rediculous comments, and move on trying to be above it. I may even try to understand your point of view. In this case though, I'm just too pissed off about the whole situation, so here goes:

You don't know me, or how much money I make. You don't know if I was able to purchase this game without a second thought, or if I had to scrimp and save for months to be able to afford this gift.

Is it really selfishness if I've had to do without so that I can try to provide a good Christmas for my children? The one thing that I wanted as a reward for putting my kid's happiness on Christmas Morning first, is the suprise on their faces when they saw that they got a really great present. I guess the fact that months of planning this Christmas Morning suprise is down the drain shouldn't bother me.

I think that most people here understand what I'm saying, and would be equally as pissed if the situation were to happen to them.

Chef, your suggestion that I should feel ashamed in some way for being upset about this is offensive. I don't feel shame, and I refuse to entertain the idea that I should.

I don't know what you are trying to prove, or who your are trying to prove it to, but you are making yourself look like a complete asshole.

Last Online

11.06.14 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Merry Christmas, indeed.
    Damn, Dude. Way out of line.

I've been out of work for a year and a half. My wife was just fired a month and a half ago while on FMLA, and now needs back surgery. I can still understand, and yes, share in his disappointment. We've (most of us with kids) all been there. Are we to give up everything because others are suffering, have made bad decisions, or just hit a patch of bad luck? If that's the case, why are you throwing away money on internet service when you could be giving that money to the poor?

It's not wrong that the guy wants to be able to surprise his kids with a gift that he wants them to have, and it's not wrong to be pissed off that it was ruined by a stupid shipping decision.
    I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nobozos View Post
    I don't know what you are trying to prove, or who your are trying to prove it to, but you are making yourself look like a complete asshole.
    I'm the asshole here? By comparison, your post reflects the attitude of a self obsessed simpleton that apparently is so well off that he can afford to mistake inconvenience for tragedy.

To review, your family is together, is it not? No one is in ill heath or threatened by disease? No relatives decided to drop dead at the dinner table over Thanksgiving, not once yet twice? Lucky you. You managed through whatever means to purchase a gift of lasting meaning for your family, yet are upset about the manner it was distributed, right? And lastly, you are whining about this insurmountable trifle on a public message board?

Good luck to you as you struggle to overcome other meaningful roadblocks to happiness, such as the newspaper being delivered late.

You do have a valid point however. I wonder why I would waste my time upon you, a fellow who is apparently too stupid to realize how gifted and blessed he truly is at this time of year.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Merry Christmas, indeed.
    While I normally agree with you on most issues chef, this is way out of line. The guy made every effort to have a special gift for his kids. Nothing more. He wanted it to be a surprise and that surprise was ruined for them. The guy deserves to vent. I would.
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yerfdog View Post
    It's not wrong that the guy wants to be able to surprise his kids with a gift that he wants them to have, and it's not wrong to be pissed off that it was ruined by a stupid shipping decision.

Just for kicks, I called a friend of mine who is a UPS driver and he was kind enough to take a few minutes out of his very busy schedule to answer my question about this.

While paraphrasing here, his short answer was that the RB 2 box is UPS certfied as is, which means that he sees plainly marked RB 2 boxes every day, sometimes several times per day and from several shippers that aren't WalMart, so it would seem this is a common occurance when shipping this game. On a final note from him, it is against their shipping regulations to place a simple "brown wrapper" of paper around the box, it has to be placed in another shipping box (which meets UPS requirements, which I never realized they had ) if one wants to disquise the contents.

While I can certainly sympathize with the situation (and would frankly be mad myself), it would seem that the manufacturer of RB 2 was simply thinking with some foresight in the area of shipping their product while designing the packaging, as it is much simpler for any online retailer to simply slap a shipping label on a ready to ship box than to repackage it to ship it.

Just my two pennies...
    Last edited by VanHalenRules; 12.04.08 at 10:36 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]