Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

6 Teens Charged in Nursing Home Abuse

ALBERT LEA, Minn. ó For six assistants at an Albert Lea nursing home, poking, taunting and groping the vulnerable adults in their care was a laughing matter, prosecutors alleged Monday in filing criminal charges against the teens.

Two of the former Good Samaritan Society employees ó 19-year-old Brianna Broitzman and 18-year-old Ashton Larson ó are charged as adults, while the other four are considered juveniles in the Freeborn County case.

Brianna Broitzman

Ashton Larson

Messages left by The Associated Press for Broitzman and for an attorney representing Larson were not immediately returned Monday.

According to the criminal complaint, the teens laughed earlier this year as they spat in residents' mouths, poked and groped their breasts and genitals and at times taunted them until they screamed.

The four juveniles are charged with failing to report the incidents. A total of eight teens were allegedly involved in the incidents, but there was no record of criminal charges being filed against two of them.

Broitzman and Larson are charged with assault, abuse of a vulnerable adult by a caregiver, abuse of a vulnerable adult with sexual contact, disorderly conduct and failing to report suspected maltreatment. All are gross misdemeanors.

If found guilty, Broitzman and Larson "most likely will face suspended jail sentences and probation, so they'd have the threat of jail hanging over them if they get in more trouble," Freeborn County Attorney Craig Nelson told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis.

The Minnesota Department of Health released a report in August showing that 15 residents with Alzheimer's disease or other dementia disorders were abused at the facility between Jan. 1 and May 1.

According to the complaint filed Monday, one of the aides said the group gathered at work or school to "talk and laugh about the incidents."

Mark Anderson, administrator at the Good Samaritan Society in Albert Lea, told WCCO-TV that the past few months have been difficult for the staff, the home's residents and their families.

"We are just really thankful that the proceedings are moving forward and hopefully can see some closure to this whole process," Anderson said.

On August 28 of this year, the Minnesota Department of Health released their findings in their investigation of the abuse at Good Samaritan. The department investigated five aides and found that four of them, primarily Broitzman and Larson, abused fifteen residents repeatedly or witnessed ďverbal, sexual and emotionalĒ abuse and did nothing to stop it. The department filed a civil action to have the aidesí licenses pulled, and turned over their report to police.

The police investigation got a little broader and covered eight aides, of whom six have now been charged. Aside from Broitzman and Larson, the remaining four are being charged with legally mandated failure to report abuse - in other words, they knew what was happening and didnít do anything. Two of the teens, Alicia Heilmann and Morgan Walton were juveniles when the crimes were committed, but are both now 18. Theyíre being tried in juvenile court.

During interviews with investigators, Brianna Broitzman admitted that she and Ashton Larson took photos and videos of residents for fun. She said that they also poked one female dementia patient in the breast. Ashton Larson was a bit more forthcoming, and admitted to various abuses including spitting, holding her hand over a residentís mouth, dry-humping residents, sticking her finger in a residentís anus, touching a residentís ass, and getting in bed with residents.

Other aides reported that most of the aides knew about the abuse, because it was discussed and laughed over at breaks. Several aides reported that Brianna and Ashton dispensed spankings to residents, teased them, and poked them in the genitals. One girl reported that Brianna mooned a resident up close, sticking her bare butt in the residentís face, and that Ashton rubbed residentís genitals in an attempt to get them sexually aroused.

Brianna Broitzman is charged with three counts of assault in the fifth degree of a caregiver to a vulnerable adult, three counts of criminal abuse of a vulnerable adult, three counts of criminal abuse of a vulnerable adult with sexual contact, one instance of disorderly conduct by a caregiver, and one instance of mandated reporter failure to report. For that, she faces some $22,000 in fines, or a year in prison for each count.

Ashton Larson is charged with two counts of assault in the fifth degree of a caregiver to a vulnerable adult, one count of criminal abuse of a vulnerable adult, four counts of criminal abuse of a vulnerable adult with sexual contact, two counts of disorderly conduct by a caregiver and one count of mandated reporter failure to report. Sheís looking at $28,000 in fines, or a year in prison on each count.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hopefully, now that Baby-Boomers are heading into their golden years the punishment for this kind of thing becomes much more harsh.

I can't even think of a power-tool or gardening implement I could use on those turds that would give me the satisfaction I'd need.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

That is so fucked up!! What is wrong with people???
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

who are these f-ing people? Who's raising these pieces of human shit?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Never mind...

I found a machine that fills my needs. Feet first, bitch.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im sorry but I just dont think TEENS OF ANYKIND SHOULD BE HANDLING OLD PEOPLE.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    That's some fucked up shit there. I've got a treatment for those two bitches! And they wouldn't enjoy any of it as much as I would. LOL. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,354 Times in 3,194 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

You know with stupid fucking people like this it might not be such a bad thing that the world could end in 2012.

Good Enough Tropical Storm Tracey's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Do I really have to pick???
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

11.18.17 @ 07:19 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts

Premium Member

I am speechless....I reserve my special "C" word for these bitches!

TST<---------and I don't mean crazy---------

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Storm Tracey View Post
    I am speechless....I reserve my special "C" word for these bitches!

TST<---------and I don't mean crazy---------
    is it the Big 'C' i am thinking of for these bitches?

and i dont know about any of you guys (and please do not take this offensively) but why would a teen want to grope and poke old people parts? or do the following: dry-humping residents, sticking her finger in a residentís anus, touching a residentís ass, and getting in bed with residents?
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you donít have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Donít forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by avhevhmashdlr View Post
    is it the Big 'C' i am thinking of for these bitches?

and i dont know about any of you guys (and please do not take this offensively) but why would a teen want to grope and poke old people parts? or do the following: dry-humping residents, sticking her finger in a residentís anus, touching a residentís ass, and getting in bed with residents?
    Yep, pretty fucked up! The world is crawling with people like this. I once did some stuff for a Hospice group years ago moonlighting at various nursing homes. It was all I could do from putting a beat down on some of these "staff" memebers. It really makes you wonder about the human race. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1 & 2
    Favorite VH Song

way too many.....
    Last Online

10.06.13 @ 04:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    Never mind...

I found a machine that fills my needs. Feet first, bitch.

"All right, Wolf, which one do you want?"
    -DLR, 05/15/08, BALTIMORE, to me and my best friend

But one night's all we're given,
    So, baby, leave me alone, or, baby, stay the night

The Van Halen I grew up on showed up at the party, drank all your alcohol and fucked your girlfriend. The Sammy era seemed more like spending a Saturday night alone with your girlfriend telling her how much you love her. - Sickman, summing it all up for me!

Eruption
    Last Online

01.10.13 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Holy Shit!. That is where my grandma stayed about 15 or so years ago. I have a ton of family from AL, I know that is where my aunts and uncles will probably go Stories like this really get to me my mom worked in a Nursing Home for about 30 years and I work in accounting for a company that manages various assisted living facilities. This is heart breaking.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

What the hell were these girls thinking? Hell, when I was that age I likely would have been disgusted to touch someone the age I am now, let alone some elderly person.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:15 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

I JUST did a presentation and paper on elder abuse last week. Holy fuck, looks sure are deceiving aren't they? What a bunch of sick fucks.