Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GH World Tour

Last Online

05.14.12 @ 09:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default GH World Tour

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I'll ask anyways. Guitar Hero World Tour officially has VH on board. I noticed two songs on the list and seen the VH poster in the recording studio. Is this as far as it goes for VH content? Anyone have the scoop? Mike?....hehe.
    -"There's a little bit of VH in everyone"- AVH

Last Online

01.18.12 @ 02:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Two songs? The only Van Halen song in the game is "Hot For Teacher", but theres also the Eddie solo on "Beat It".

I read a while ago that the president of one of the companies making the game, or something like that, let slip in an interview that they would be making more games focusing on just one band (as they did with Aerosmith), and that Van Halen would be one they would like to do.

I know a Metallica one is on the way, as is a Beatles game, but haven't heard anything more about Van Halen, or if there will be more downloadable songs for GH:WT

Last Online

06.11.16 @ 04:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hate Guitar Hero, Rock Band and any other game that has kids playing "Dance-Dance Revolution" on a guitar neck or fake drums.

If these kids spent half the time learning to play guitar or drums they would learn a lot more about accomplishing something real.

Honestly, if any of you are parents who were thinking of buying Guitar Hero for your kids.... DON'T DO IT!!!!!

One step away from them picking the button that doesn't shock them to get cheese.

If you don't agree then you've already been abducted by the machine.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

04.27.12 @ 07:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danward5150 View Post
    I hate Guitar Hero, Rock Band and any other game that has kids playing "Dance-Dance Revolution" on a guitar neck or fake drums.

If these kids spent half the time learning to play guitar or drums they would learn a lot more about accomplishing something real.

Honestly, if any of you are parents who were thinking of buying Guitar Hero for your kids.... DON'T DO IT!!!!!

One step away from them picking the button that doesn't shock them to get cheese.

Jesus Christ. Here we go. As soon as someone mentions Guitar Hero on an internet message board there's always some holier-than-thou asshole spewing off about how real instruments are so much better than fake, plastic ones. No fucking shit? Really? I know plenty of people that play real instruments and *GASP* love Guitar Hero and Rock Band. It's a fun game. Anyone half-wit knows that playing the game is nothing like playing real instruments. By the way. I bought my son a guitar for Christmas last year and I'm buying him Guitar Hero World Tour this year.
    "Yeah, "Panama" is a pretty sexy song; I always thought that song should’ve been sung by a girl; now ya got Sammy Hagar. Any questions?"

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:44 AM
    Liked 1,468 Times in 899 Posts

I'm a drummer and I played Guitar Hero and liked it. I don't think it's a bad thing. Of course, you want an interested kid to play the real instrument but in moderation, GH is ok.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:15 AM
    Liked 741 Times in 408 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by adamhlava View Post
    Jesus Christ. Here we go. As soon as someone mentions Guitar Hero on an internet message board there's always some holier-than-thou asshole spewing off about how real instruments are so much better than fake, plastic ones. No fucking shit? Really? I know plenty of people that play real instruments and *GASP* love Guitar Hero and Rock Band. It's a fun game. Anyone half-wit knows that playing the game is nothing like playing real instruments. By the way. I bought my son a guitar for Christmas last year and I'm buying him Guitar Hero World Tour this year.
    I think anything that inspires people to have fun - and appreciate GOOD music (no Britney / Katy / etc) crap is fantastic. Rock got a HUGE boost from Guitar Hero and Rockband - bring more of them on! As well, these games will also inspire kids to pick up a real guitar - and given them some appreicate of how difficult it can be to play these tunes.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 AM
    Liked 11,544 Times in 4,918 Posts

Good grief Charlie Brown calm down.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:56 PM
    Liked 2,210 Times in 1,114 Posts

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danward5150 View Post

I wish all the people that play war games would join the marines. I wish everyone that played a flight simulator would learn to actually fly an airplane. I wish everyone that played Tiger Woods would learn to actually play golf. I wish everyone that played Madden would man-up and play actualy football.

Lazy bastards. All of them
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Eruption
    Last Online

09.06.12 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's not a replacement for an instrument, its an alternative and people don't realise that for some reason. Headbanging doesn't make metal any heavier and we still do that, people like to dance, what's wrong with another pointless way of enjoying rhythm?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 795 Times in 431 Posts

Premium Member

Someone takes their video games too seriously. My daughter plays guitar hero AND guitar. She like crap music and she likes rock and roll. Just like I did, and just like most kids do. Get a job or a hobby, and you'll find you don't have time to worry about stupid shit like this.

TK

Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:46 PM
    Liked 151 Times in 86 Posts

Hey, for most, Guitar Hero is the only way to afford a Gibson Les Paul!!
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:15 AM
    Liked 741 Times in 408 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by pickslide View Post
    Someone takes their video games too seriously. My daughter plays guitar hero AND guitar. She like crap music and she likes rock and roll. Just like I did, and just like most kids do. Get a job or a hobby, and you'll find you don't have time to worry about stupid shit like this.

TK

Well put. Except for liking crap music but everyone has guilty pleasures
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    I wish all the people that play war games would join the marines. I wish everyone that played a flight simulator would learn to actually fly an airplane. I wish everyone that played Tiger Woods would learn to actually play golf. I wish everyone that played Madden would man-up and play actualy football.

Lazy bastards. All of them
    You go bsbll 4!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:56 PM
    Liked 2,210 Times in 1,114 Posts

Premium Member

My sarcasm was obvious, right?

I'm an avid gamer and I have played guitar for over ten years now. They aren't mutually exclusive things. I enjoy Guitar Hero as a challenge and I enjoy learning a new song as a challenge. I also play shooters, but I'm not racing to enlist.

It's entertainment guys. It's more interactive than listening to a CD, visually more stimulating than reading a book, and more personal than a movie. I will never understand the stigmas some people place on such a fun hobby.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    ...I will never understand the stigmas some people place on such a fun hobby.
    Indeed. Besides, I wonder what video games Pol Pot, Adolf Hilter and Augusto Pinochet played when they were kids.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw