Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

The Official "Twilight" Thread

It's official because I said so.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/
    http://www.twilightthemovie.com/

OK, who has read the books? How many times? I'm on my second round at the moment.

Have you read Midnight Sun? It's a partial draft online. It's the first book from Edward's point of view.
    http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

I've got tickets for the midnight show tonight for Twilight. Anyone else going tonight or tomorrow?

Shari
    Last edited by vh_chick; 11.20.08 at 09:44 AM.
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

I personally have not read the books but my wife is bat shit crazy about them! Shes going with some friends next friday to watch the movie and I honestly dont see what the big deal is. She was actually a few minutes late to work this morning because they had the stars of twilight on the today show and she was drooling over that one guy.

Oh well...to each their own i guess
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Boxer 9901 View Post
    I personally have not read the books but my wife is bat shit crazy about them! Shes going with some friends next friday to watch the movie and I honestly dont see what the big deal is. She was actually a few minutes late to work this morning because they had the stars of twilight on the today show and she was drooling over that one guy.

Oh well...to each their own i guess
    My wife is the same way. She has read them all and I have gotten summaries of each while they were being read. We'll probably go see the movie once the demand has died down. That way we won't be so obviously the oldest people in the theater!
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

It's weird how these things tend to run in terms of separate development in Hollywood. The plot of this and HBO's True Blood are oddly similar, at least to the casual observer.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Top Of The World
    Last Online

02.15.11 @ 08:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vh_chick View Post
    It's official because I said so.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/
    http://www.twilightthemovie.com/

OK, who has read the books? How many times? I'm on my second round at the moment.

Have you read Midnight Sun? It's a partial draft online. It's the first book from Edward's point of view.
    http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

I've got tickets for the midnight show tonight for Twilight. Anyone else going tonight or tomorrow?

Shari

I just finished the 4th book last week and am looking forward to seeing the movie. I'm sure I'll be seeing it solo as my husband and boys have made it clear that they want nuthin' to do with it.

Thanks for the link to Midnight Sun, I had not heard of that yet.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

My daughter loves the series and has read all of the books. She's anxiously awaiting the movie but I told her we'd wait til the crowds die down a bit. Not sure what I'll do whilest she's in the movie but I'm sure I'll find something.

I don't get the big fuss about this though. Guess I'm too old.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

I'm going to poo poo on this parade for no other reason than I'm tired of Vampires being turned into this sissy lovey dovey forbidden tween angst blubber.

You want to see what a REAL vampire looks like?

I think I read somewhere that there's a vampire baseball game in this movie? Really?
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hain23x View Post
    I'm going to poo poo on this parade for no other reason than I'm tired of Vampires being turned into this sissy lovey dovey forbidden tween angst blubber.

I think I read somewhere that there's a vampire baseball game in this movie? Really?
    A-MEN
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

11.25.14 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

My best friend is ape shit over this and is going at midnite. I havent read the books, so I don't know what to think. I like vampires, but I'm not sure about this. I'd like to go see it, but the whole tweeney crowd kinda makes me not want to go at all. I think I'll wait and see what the reviews are.
    LSU Tigers 2003 & 2007 National Champs
    Detroit Pistons 2004 NBA Champs

If looks could kill, I'd stare at everybody!

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by hain23x View Post

Thanks for stopping by, Hain. Yes, that is a bad-ass guy you pictured from 'Salem's Lot. Nosferatu, while very old, is still scary. Dracula with his fancy suit and cape is another version of vampires. They are fictional, so they don't HAVE to be anything. Except bloodsuckers, I suppose!

The vamps in this series are hardly sissies, BTW. You can't really judge the stories when you haven't read them. If have no interest in actually reading the books - and I don't blame you if you don't - then there really wasn't a need for you to come here and make your negative comments. If you want to start a thread about scarier looking vampires, go right ahead. I'll probably join in. I like them, too. This thread, however, was intended for Twilight fans, which you are not.

I don't have ANY problem with you, Hain, so don't get defensive.

Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by csm5150 View Post
    My best friend is ape shit over this and is going at midnite. I haven't read the books, so I don't know what to think. I like vampires, but I'm not sure about this. I'd like to go see it, but the whole tweeney crowd kinda makes me not want to go at all. I think I'll wait and see what the reviews are.
    I went at midnight last night. There were a boatload of teenage girls there, which we totally expected. Thank the good lord, they did not squeal throughout the movie.

I will honestly tell you that if you didn't read the book first, you probably won't enjoy it as much. The books, obviously, are able to tell you SO much more, particularly about what the characters are thinking. (Especially in THIS series! Edward can read minds). There were things in the movie that were funny only because we knew what the character was thinking, since we'd read the books.

And of course, liberties are taken when making a movie. Certain aspects are changed so that the film isn't 10 hours long. I was not happy about a few of them, I will tell you that. My favorite part of the book was NOT in the movie. The situation was changed, events were rushed, all in the name of time, of course. Oh well. I might go see it again, just to take it in better when I know not to expect this or that to happen. I was a little ticked last night! LOL

I'll just have to read it again!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

11.25.14 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by vh_chick View Post
    I went at midnight last night. There were a boatload of teenage girls there, which we totally expected. Thank the good lord, they did not squeal throughout the movie.
    That's my main "concern" about this movie-having a gaggle of tennie boopers sitting behind me giggling and squealing the whole movie. That ruins a movie for me most of the time. Thank god I didn't have that behind me for Dark Knight.
    LSU Tigers 2003 & 2007 National Champs
    Detroit Pistons 2004 NBA Champs

If looks could kill, I'd stare at everybody!

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by csm5150 View Post
    That's my main "concern" about this movie-having a gaggle of tennie boopers sitting behind me giggling and squealing the whole movie. That ruins a movie for me most of the time. Thank god I didn't have that behind me for Dark Knight.
    I hope that you didn't have to endure the Hannah Montana movie, or worse yet, the concert itself. I only had to go to the movie, and it was nearly unbearable. : The 10-year-old girls were loudly declaring their love for various Jonas brothers. Ummm... it's a movie. He can't hear you, honey. SHUT UP!!!

I'd suggest you wait at least a week to see Twilight, then. You could read the book in that time, too! Really, you should. Join the addiction.

Shari

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I LOVE the Lost Boys! Great movie. But this is a TWILIGHT THREAD.

New Moon, the second in the series, is officially going to be made into a movie! They have some serious CG work to get on! Bring on the werewolves!

Shari