Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default NEW ED NEWS!

New Eddie Van Halen Interview in January ’09 Guitar World
    Special four-cover collector’s series on newsstands Dec. 16

Photo by Clay Patrick McBride

Catch an exclusive interview with Eddie Van Halen in the February 2009 issue of Guitar World magazine, which hits newsstands in a special four-cover collector series on Dec. 16, 2008.

The first three GW covers feature Eddie with one of his new EVH brand Wolfgang guitars in black, vintage white and sunburst finishes. The fourth cover features Eddie with a custom relic-ed Wolfgang, complete with signature red, white and black stripes. Debuting on Eddie’s striped guitar is his patented new “Drop To Hell” (D2H) tailpiece, which, along with the Wolfgang guitar, also will also be released in January 2009

The magazine will also include an exclusive CD-ROM video documentary featuring Eddie telling the story of the painstaking two-and-a-half-year research and development process he undertook for the new Wolfgang guitar.

Click here for an online preview of Eddie Van Halen’s exclusive Guitar World interview.

Check www.evhgear.com regularly in coming months for updates and information on the new Wolfgang guitar, “Drop To Hell” (D2H) tailpiece, limited edition Frankenstein relic pickup and striped EVH brand sneakers.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    ... and striped EVH brand sneakers.

Can the Van-Coffin be far behind?

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Fire in the Hole
    Last Online

12.26.11 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds cool

That frankenstein pickup will cost a mint...

It will be interesting the markup on a pair of Chuck's

All in all...I have a very bad feeling my bank account will be taking a dive in January...coincidentally my birthday is in that month...may work out.

What is god's name is the Drop To Hell Tailpiece? We all know Ed helped design the Floyd Rose, so did he make some improvements to the design or is it totally new? I wonder if any of guitars from the end of the tour had the design on there? The ones from the beginning looked like normal floyds...
    Eddie and Dave...the way it was meant to be

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 15 Posts

The striped guitar has a locking nut, so my guess is that the D2H may be some Floyd Rose with a built-in D-tuna. I did find this, though:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=kAl...bstract&zoom=4

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 02:18 AM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Let's hope 09 is the year we hear new VH music. The upcoming media blitz is no doubt a push for the new guitar and we'll probably hear from Eddie how the new Wolf and this new Drop to Hell tailpiece is a complete revolution of the instrument...that's all find and dandy, I'm not knocking Eddie trying to build his brand, but without new music and showing people that you are still a functioning, productive musician then what's the point? Been over 10 years since they released an entire album. 07-08 showed a lot of promise but if that momentum is allowed to wither, then really the EVH brand doesn't have that same allure...new material and maybe another innovative guitar piece from Eddie will go a long way to establishing the EVH brand as legit. If he's that in love with his new gear, then he should be one inspired dude, meaning there should be new material to demonstrate his new-found creativity. Otherwise, he's living in the past and cashing in on what he was 30 years ago...meet me in the future Ed, not the pasture.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

the one Ed plays guitar on
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:12 PM
    Liked 784 Times in 422 Posts

Now, I'm certainly no expert on patent illustrations, but here's my take:

While the "Drop 2 Hell" name sounds (ahem) cool-as-hell, the illustrations on that patent application make it look like nothing more than a D-tuna that works on a standard, strat-style trem bridge.
    Last edited by hubs; 11.19.08 at 11:43 AM.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

the one Ed plays guitar on
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:12 PM
    Liked 784 Times in 422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanLaing5150 View Post
    Sounds cool

This caught my attention, too. With Chuck's costing around $40 now, anything over $60-65 for Ed's would seem to be too much, imo.

While it would be a little cool to have an "official" pair of EVH Chucks, anything over $65 or so, and I'll continue to go to my local craft store, drop $20 for fabric paints, brushes, and masking tape, and have enough to make a half-dozen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Sounds cool

All in all...I have a very bad feeling my bank account will be taking a dive in January...coincidentally my birthday is in that month...may work out.

What is god's name is the Drop To Hell Tailpiece? We all know Ed helped design the Floyd Rose, so did he make some improvements to the design or is it totally new? I wonder if any of guitars from the end of the tour had the design on there? The ones from the beginning looked like normal floyds...
    I saw a patent posted on here back at the beginning of the year which had a pic of a sort of standard not trem tailpiece that had a lever that dropped it to drop D, just like the D Tuna does. Just a different design. I don't think it would be a huge seller on it's own seeing as dropping to D on a non locking guitar is no biggie.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.25.08 @ 11:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds cool

its a great sounding pickup,if you like EVH old marshall brownsound..if you dont want to pay the high price,motorcity pickups makes a copy of the pickup its called the blisster bucker pickup(he copied the frankenstrat pickup).you want it with an alnico 2 magnet...you can read more about it here..
    http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21759
    video clips of the pickup are here..
    http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22329
    later,cam...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kowski View Post
    The striped guitar has a locking nut, so my guess is that the D2H may be some Floyd Rose with a built-in D-tuna. I did find this, though:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=kAl...bstract&zoom=4
    Hmmm.... At first I was like -- "cool, a secret Ed patent/diagram/new Floyd Rose alternative!"

And then I read through all the legal garbage and realized that he just designed basically a stop tail floyd rose....

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Bullwinkle is the only one that has questioned why EVLH corporation is coming out with shoes?

SHOES?!?!?

SHOES?!?!?!?!?

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    Bullwinkle is the only one that has questioned why EVLH corporation is coming out with shoes?

SHOES?!?!?

SHOES?!?!?!?!?

They are designed with the artistically challenged in mind.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhin04 View Post
    Let's hope 09 is the year we hear new VH music. The upcoming media blitz is no doubt a push for the new guitar and we'll probably hear from Eddie how the new Wolf and this new Drop to Hell tailpiece is a complete revolution of the instrument...that's all find and dandy, I'm not knocking Eddie trying to build his brand, but without new music and showing people that you are still a functioning, productive musician then what's the point? Been over 10 years since they released an entire album. 07-08 showed a lot of promise but if that momentum is allowed to wither, then really the EVH brand doesn't have that same allure...new material and maybe another innovative guitar piece from Eddie will go a long way to establishing the EVH brand as legit. If he's that in love with his new gear, then he should be one inspired dude, meaning there should be new material to demonstrate his new-found creativity. Otherwise, he's living in the past and cashing in on what he was 30 years ago...meet me in the future Ed, not the pasture.

Very well said!

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    Hmmm.... At first I was like -- "cool, a secret Ed patent/diagram/new Floyd Rose alternative!"

And then I read through all the legal garbage and realized that he just designed basically a stop tail floyd rose....
    Just clarifying - I never thought that the patent I posted was his D2H bridge. It might pop up on one of his guitars, though, who knows. It would be kind of neat.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kowski View Post
    Just clarifying - I never thought that the patent I posted was his D2H bridge. It might pop up on one of his guitars, though, who knows. It would be kind of neat.
    Ya, I know -- but that is some sort of new EVH design nonetheless.

I bet you the D2H will be basically a better made (better steel) Floyd Rose that has some sort of built on D-Tuna unit, and probably the staggered saddle adjustments like on the EBMM EVH models. In other words -- a slightly tweaked original Floyd Rose.