Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default How do you clean your floors?

    I have a two-story house...upstairs it's all carpeted. I have a Kirby G4 with all the attachments that I absolutely adore. It's perfect. Downstairs, it's all ceramic tile and a little patch of vinyl tile, or something similarly cheap.

    I've always struggled with keeping hard floors as clean as I want. Mops just push dirty water around, the swiffers are a joke for large areas. What I want is some sort of electric vacuum/mop thingy.

    What I've been doing lately is vacuuming the tile and then going over it with a swiffer, which the wife likes but like I said, I don't. But when it's time to really clean the floors, I always end up on my hands and knees doing the Cinderella...seems like that's the only way to really get the floors clean.

    What do you guys and girls do?

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    I move.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  3. #3
    Gird your loins Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    57
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    13,074
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Likes
    1,819
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

    Default

    monster steam mop from QVC...about $75.00 but you can throw the mop heads in the washer.


    I have a big hairy dog so sweepers are important....I like a lightweight commercial oreck, good for hard floors or short commercial type carpet

    but I have a friend who has one of those dyson "ball" sweepers and I used it once....I getting one definitely, for the carpeted areas

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.01
    Age
    59
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,040
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Likes
    4,489
    Liked 2,390 Times in 1,492 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Spic and Span with a mop,then dry with an old clean towel with my feet.Iam not Felix Unger.

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    monster steam mop from QVC...about $75.00 but you can throw the mop heads in the washer.


    I have a big hairy dog so sweepers are important....I like a lightweight commercial oreck, good for hard floors or short commercial type carpet

    but I have a friend who has one of those dyson "ball" sweepers and I used it once....I getting one definitely, for the carpeted areas
    the dyson balls are ok but the kirby's out perform them everytime! I do like the maneuverability of the ball but as far as suction goes, the kirby is way better...

    haven't seen the monster steam mop...going to have to check it out!

  6. #6
    Gird your loins Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    57
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    13,074
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Likes
    1,819
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    the dyson balls are ok but the kirby's out perform them everytime! I do like the maneuverability of the ball but as far as suction goes, the kirby is way better...haven't seen the monster steam mop...going to have to check it out!

    I still have Grandma's Kirby from about 1969..all metal and heavy!!!!!!!!!!!!..not good for dragging up and down a 4 level house! But it will probably out live me, hell, It'll probably KILL me if I don't get this house sold soon!

  7. #7
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    10.19.03
    Location
    Lees Summit, MO
    Posts
    3,472
    Last Online

    10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Spic and Span with a mop,then dry with an old clean towel with my feet.Iam not Felix Unger.
    I do the same thing, except I use Zeps. It works, not very elegant though

  8. #8
    Sinner's Swing! twonabomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.15.01
    Location
    cleveland, oh
    Posts
    3,699
    Last Online

    12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    i pay someone to do it.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

    Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    I have a two-story house...upstairs it's all carpeted. I have a Kirby G4 with all the attachments that I absolutely adore. It's perfect. Downstairs, it's all ceramic tile and a little patch of vinyl tile, or something similarly cheap.

    I've always struggled with keeping hard floors as clean as I want. Mops just push dirty water around, the swiffers are a joke for large areas. What I want is some sort of electric vacuum/mop thingy.

    What I've been doing lately is vacuuming the tile and then going over it with a swiffer, which the wife likes but like I said, I don't. But when it's time to really clean the floors, I always end up on my hands and knees doing the Cinderella...seems like that's the only way to really get the floors clean.

    What do you guys and girls do?

    I call up Graciela.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  10. #10
    Future's in the past....
    Join Date
    03.03.08
    Age
    51
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    13,090
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

    At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    I borrow the neighbor's ankle biter dog and spray it with cleaner and let it rip.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Spic and Span with a mop,then dry with an old clean towel with my feet.Iam not Felix Unger.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  12. #12
    Unchained Louis de Montalte's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.25.08
    Age
    50
    Location
    Univers
    Posts
    496
    Favorite VH Album

    Entire catalogue
    Favorite VH Song

    Baluchitherium
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 12:18 PM
    Likes
    103
    Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Vacuum cleaner and towel : 4 times a year.

  13. #13
    Sinner's Swing! graeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.27.03
    Age
    10
    Location
    Dusseldorf, Germany.
    Posts
    3,946
    Favorite VH Album

    They're all shit
    Last Online

    11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    I spray the floor with a decent quality wood polish. Then I phone up Michael Jackson and hand him some big fluffy dog slippers when he comes in the door, put on a copy of "Thriller" and then I start screaming, "Moonwalk, you kiddy-fiddling motherfucker".

    Not very practical or indeed, effective, but it is funny as fuck.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

    My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    I borrow the neighbor's ankle biter dog and spray it with cleaner and let it rip.
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    I spray the floor with a decent quality wood polish. Then I phone up Michael Jackson and hand him some big fluffy dog slippers when he comes in the door, put on a copy of "Thriller" and then I start screaming, "Moonwalk, you kiddy-fiddling motherfucker".

    Not very practical or indeed, effective, but it is funny as fuck.

  15. #15
    no stinkin click! muffdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.27.02
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    7,761
    Favorite VH Album

    all
    Favorite VH Song

    strung out....
    Last Online

    02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Mr.Clean the bald dude works fine with a mop then let it dry..

    Any more than that you're just a picky mofo....

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. think your hotel is clean????
    By crazyjbn in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12.11.07, 05:57 PM
  2. VH1 hoaxer comes clean
    By leroy in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11.05.02, 06:44 AM
  3. A VH Linker comes clean
    By AllSoupNoFish in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04.02.02, 10:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •