Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Religulous

Saw this the other night, it was a great movie. Hilarious. Highly recommended!
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

04.27.12 @ 07:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx View Post

Saw this the other night, it was a great movie. Hilarious. Highly recommended!
    He's a smug, arrogant asshole. Never been funny.
    "Yeah, "Panama" is a pretty sexy song; I always thought that song shouldíve been sung by a girl; now ya got Sammy Hagar. Any questions?"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 106 Times in 43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adamhlava View Post
    He's a smug, arrogant asshole. Never been funny.
    I think he's intelligent and very funny. I'm looking forward to seeing th movie.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I like Maher, but one of the HBO specials I netflixed was over an hour of "I hate Republicans".

I'm a moderate myself, so I found myself saying.....isn't this supposed to be a comedy show?

Hopefully this film will be just a touch more entertaniing because I do want to check it out. I'm tired of the anger and the bile. Just tired of it....from both sides.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum View Post
    I like Maher, but one of the HBO specials I netflixed was over an hour of "I hate Republicans".

I'm a moderate myself, so I found myself saying.....isn't this supposed to be a comedy show?

Hopefully this film will be just a touch more entertaniing because I do want to check it out. I'm tired of the anger and the bile. Just tired of it....from both sides.
    He does indeed hate Republicans. But the few clips that I have seen of the movie and from what some people have told me, it is pretty funny. He left the hate out of this one. I'll wait and check it out when its on HBO sometime down the road. Admitidly, I'm not a liberal, but I use to tune into his show almost every Friday night. I finally stopped because he just went too far with the hatred and condesention. Otherwise, he is an intellegent and funny guy when he wants to be.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm not a big fan of his standup. Don't watch TV, but I did enjoy his show when I caught it every now and then on youtube. But this movie is really, really good. I think you'd like.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    Otherwise, he is an intellegent and funny guy when he wants to be.
    Oh, I agree. I was a giant fan of Politically Incorrect back in the day. I just didn't want him to simply become the Bill O'Reilly of the left. The hatred just gets tiresome.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

I'm not a big fan of his standup. Don't watch TV, but I did enjoy his show when I caught it every now and then on youtube. But this movie is really, really good. I think you'd like.
    Thank god for Netflix.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Oh, I agree. I was a giant fan of Politically Incorrect back in the day. I just didn't want him to simply become the Bill O'Reilly of the left. The hatred just gets tiresome.
    Well....he definitely is not fond of religulous belief, but like he says...you can mock someone's beliefs while still respecting them as a person, which he definitely shows he's capable in the movie.

btw, I miss ya dude! We gotta hang next time I'm in SoCal. I might actually be moving to Big Bear for a few months in December.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Well....he definitely is not fond of religulous belief, but like he says...you can mock someone's beliefs while still respecting them as a person, which he definitely shows he's capable in the movie.

btw, I miss ya dude! We gotta hang next time I'm in SoCal. I might actually be moving to Big Bear for a few months in December.
    If you're gonna be in town this month Which One's Pink and Zepagain are at The Grove. Haven't seen either of them in about 9 months so I'm jonesing for a show. See if you can make it, bro.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

No, no way this month...I just came down a couple weeks ago and I've got 3 weeks left of my job. Next month!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 106 Times in 43 Posts

Maher is an independent. He was a McCain supporter in 2000. He is secure in himself enough to vote his conscious and not just along party lines. He just happens to find himself left of the current McCain campaign this time around.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

He's been on the left since 2001. For the last two terms it's hard to tell he's an independent.
    Love his HBO show. Never miss it. I don't care for the stand-up, though. I'll probably catch Religulous when it comes out on DVD.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Maher - it's easy enough to shoot the messenger with him. He is a smug,
    arrogant asshole. But he is also often right and/or funny. What I hope is
    that people start looking at religion more objectively; but often these
    lightning rod types have the reverse effect of what they wish to accomplish
    with their work.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I used to watch him a lot in the 90's, but as mentioned, the dude took a hard hard left and really has quite a lot of hate in him. He's just not fun to watch anymore.

As for the movie, I've seen clips. That's all I'll ever see. He's just a nasty, spiteful little man.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen