Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.27.16 @ 07:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Michael Anthony ~ Music Radar Interview...

"Being kicked out of Van Halen hurt" - Michael Anthony

Ya think, Mike?

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...&source=MRNEWS

Michael Anthony: "Being kicked out of Van Halen hurt"
    The current 'Chickenfoot' bassist speaks out

Joe Bosso, Thu 30 Oct, 6:12 pm UTC

Michael Anthony is back on the good 'foot'

View in gallery
    For Michael Anthony, forming the new supergroup Chickenfoot with Sammy Hagar, guitarist Joe Satriani and drummer Chad Smith, has been "a Godsend. You don't expect to get into something this incredible at my age."

"Being that the bassist spent much of his adult life as a founding member of Van Halen, he knows of where he speaks. In an exclusive interview with MusicRadar, Anthony recalls his shock of how he heard that Van Halen were reforming with singer David Lee Roth, an event he wasn't to be a part of.

"They took my pictures off the old record covers and replaced them with Wolfgang. Even the first album cover.""I found out when the rest of the fans found out, early last year," says Anthony. "I guess they tried to put something together earlier but it fell apart and Eddie had to go to rehab or something."

Being replaced by Eddie Van Halen's then-16-year-old son Wolfgang was a bitter blow, but it didn't compare to the sting Anthony felt when he clicked on the group's website and discovered that "they took my pictures off the old record covers and replaced them with Wolfgang. Even the first album cover.

"I mean, to think that somebody would go to the trouble of trying to erase me from the band's past, that hurt. But I think the fans felt the same way because a day or two later the website was changed and my pictures were put back."

Anthony's ego is very much restored with Chickenfoot, who are finishing their debut album under the guidance of producer Andy Johns. "In terms of pure enegry, Chickenfoot is like early Van Halen," he says. "It's four guys jammin' hard and playing live, which became less and less what Van Halen was all about as the years went on. We've gotten back to that, and it feels great."

Look for the full podcast interview with Michael Anthony on MusicRadar in the coming weeks."
    Bono Vox: Poetic, Political, extremely generous and just a tiny bit egomaniacal.

"You know twenty-five years ago, Tony Soprano was driving around Jersey in his iroc-Z just blasting the Van Halen"-David Lee Roth

"Will there be a Van Halen reunion? “I have hope and faith, and that’s more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albuquerque” -David Lee Roth

"This band is three quarters original, one quarter inevitable" -David Lee Roth~2007

"“We had a lot of fun on the tour – Dave was a blast. And next time we go out, we’re going to have some new stuff, too. I’m looking forward to getting on it. I’ve got tons of music written, such a variety of stuff… Actually, next week or the week after, Wolfie, Alex, and I are gonna start jamming. Maybe we’ll give Dave a call and see what he’s up to.” - Edward Van Halen ~ 2009

~Congratulations to 2009 World Series Champions the New York Yankees~

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 1,387 Times in 761 Posts

Some minor criticism of of VH in recent years we hadn't heard before. Whoever did the erasing job of Mike on this web site is a real fuck face. Whoever ordered that is a sad waste of a human being.
    Little Dreamer

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Some minor criticism of of VH in recent years we hadn't heard before. Whoever did the erasing job of Mike on this web site is a real fuck face. Whoever ordered that is a sad waste of a human being.
    And though it was only on the website for a couple of days, some of us fans will never forget it. Simply a low, classless move...

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I don't think it's much of a mystery who's idea it was.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

All of em
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 06:34 AM
    Liked 58 Times in 37 Posts

Premium Member

definately a dick move on the part of the webmaster...id like to think it wasnt ed and al involved in changing those album covers but i also never thought id have waited 10 years between vh albums(and still going). Cannot wait to hear "chickenfoot"...should be jammin
    WHOAOH! Hey you! Who said that? Baby how you been?

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:31 PM
    Liked 1,611 Times in 992 Posts

Donor

You can be sure it was one man in particular.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy_14 View Post
    definately a dick move on the part of the webmaster...id like to think it wasnt ed and al involved in changing those album covers but i also never thought id have waited 10 years between vh albums(and still going). Cannot wait to hear "chickenfoot"...should be jammin

It was a dick move to do what he was told by his employer (VH)???

So you'd like to think Ed and Al weren't involved...

Get out of the fantasy world...

Sorry to be harsh, but I know for a FACT it wasn't the webmaster's decision...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Last Online

06.11.16 @ 04:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It does hurt when your heroes turn out to be assholes. I will always envy Eddie's virtuosity and songwriting skills but not him turning out to be a lousy, petty human being.

Isn't that what he said about Dave decades ago (yes two decades-plus ago).

Chickens come home to roost.

But for the fans, if this is strong and sober Ed I'd rather have him coke'd up and drunk.

Call me a dick. I want Ed strong and healthy but the best Eddie was the pre-90's Eddie.

Whatever, he doesn't care what we think and from now on unless he gives me something I'm interested in. I'm out.

OPEN THE VAULTS AND LET THE FANS IN!!!! Your hero Clapton did! You haven't released anything worth a listen in TEN YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm disgusted.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    And though it was only on the website for a couple of days, some of us fans will never forget it. Simply a low, classless move...
    I agree!!!

I stick up for the band quite a bit but with this...I couldn't. Just dumb.

As for Mike and his new band, I think the music will speak for itself. The way they are going about it in the studio should make for a rockin' album.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

It is pretty hard to justify what VH did on that one. The only way they could get out of it would to just come out and say it was a mistake and apologize.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Its a cruel world......

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

The web page thing was definitely a classless move.....But Mike knows full well why he got the boot. I'm not saying I would've been so vindictive, nor do I defend it, but doing the Hagar tour back in the day (when Sam was still the boogey man) sealed his fate. He knew it the minute he walked on stage with Hagar for the first time.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.27.16 @ 07:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Through all the fighting and obvious hatred with Dave over the years, that one moment of excluding Mike from the bands history, had to be chalked up as one of lowest points and embarrassing injustice for this band.
    Last edited by Bono Vox; 10.31.08 at 08:40 AM.
    Bono Vox: Poetic, Political, extremely generous and just a tiny bit egomaniacal.

"You know twenty-five years ago, Tony Soprano was driving around Jersey in his iroc-Z just blasting the Van Halen"-David Lee Roth

"Will there be a Van Halen reunion? “I have hope and faith, and that’s more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albuquerque” -David Lee Roth

"This band is three quarters original, one quarter inevitable" -David Lee Roth~2007

"“We had a lot of fun on the tour – Dave was a blast. And next time we go out, we’re going to have some new stuff, too. I’m looking forward to getting on it. I’ve got tons of music written, such a variety of stuff… Actually, next week or the week after, Wolfie, Alex, and I are gonna start jamming. Maybe we’ll give Dave a call and see what he’s up to.” - Edward Van Halen ~ 2009

~Congratulations to 2009 World Series Champions the New York Yankees~

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Outta love again, Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.12 @ 08:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the website thing was an abomination.....I also think that replacing Mike with an untested 16 year old kid was a slap in the face to Mike. (again this really has nothing to do with wolf)
    If you shake my hand better count your fingers - Mustaine

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

01.21.12 @ 03:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post
    ...But Mike knows full well why he got the boot. I'm not saying I would've been so vindictive, nor do I defend it, but doing the Hagar tour back in the day (when Sam was still the boogey man) sealed his fate. He knew it the minute he walked on stage with Hagar for the first time.
    Nonsense. If you were Mike, and your boss never said jack to you about when we were going to tour or record, you'd move on too. What is he supposed to do, sit around and watch the grass grow? He grew tired of the VH Bros inactivity. His thing with Hagar was merely a side project until VH did get something going again. Why is it okay for Ed to go and do side projects like the Starfleet thing with Brian May yrs. ago but it's not okay for Mike to go and play a few dates alongside Hagar? You can't have it both ways. Ed was just plain being a petty little bitch here.