VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Default 8 Year Old Boy Accidentally Kills Himself With an Uzi

An 8-year-old boy died after accidentally shooting himself in the head while firing an Uzi submachine gun under adult supervision at a gun fair.

The boy lost control of the weapon while firing it Sunday at the Machine Gun Shoot and Firearms Expo at the Westfield Sportsman's Club, police Lt. Lawrence Valliere said.

The boy, Christopher Bizilj of Ashford, Conn., was with a certified instructor and "was shooting the weapon down range when the force of the weapon made it travel up and back toward his head, where he suffered the injury," a police statement said.

Christopher died at Baystate Medical Center.

Police said the boy's father was at the gun fair and accompanied his son in the ambulance, but it wasn't clear if he was at the firing range with Christopher at the time of the accident. Police didn't give the father's name.

Although police called it a "self-inflicted accidental shooting," police and the Hampden district attorney's office were investigating, officials said.

"We are going to review all the circumstance regarding what happened, who was involved, what authorities they may or may not have had, who was supervising," District Attorney William Bennett said Monday.

It is legal for children to fire a weapon if they have permission from a parent or legal guardian and are supervised by a properly certified and licensed instructor, Lt. Hipolito Nunez said.

Those conditions were met in this case, he said. He declined to release the supervisor's name.

The club said on its Web site that the event, run in conjunction with C.O.P Firearms and Training, is "all legal and fun." People are allowed to fire weapons at vehicles, pumpkins and other targets, it said.

Officials of the private club and the firearms group could not be reached for comment. There was no response to a message left on a club answering machine. The C.O.P. group's machine clicked off without taking a message.

The sportsman's club was founded in 1949 and describes itself on its Web site as promoting "the interest of legal sport with rod, gun, and bow and arrow, both directly and through training."

It has eight firing ranges as well as archery and fishing facilities located on 375 acres in Westfield, about 100 miles west of Boston.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,444180,00.html

Somebody please explain to me how anybody possibly thought it was a good idea to have children firing Uzis, even under supervision?

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Yeah, kids and uzis, that's a good combination.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 414 Times in 249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    Yeah, kids and uzis, that's a good combination.
    But.......it was under supervision.

I'd like to hear what Ted Nugent has to say about this.

What a stupid, fucking tragic story. Everybody and anybody running that rally should be tried for manslaughter.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Who the hell let's an 8 year old shoot an uzi?

Unbelievable.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

the muzzle climb on an uzi (or any other full auto weapon) is too much for an 8 yr old kid to handle. the instructor should have known that. hell, ive had uzis climb up on me as well....but damn theyre fun to shoot.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

http://www.necn.com/Boston/New-Engla...225132175.html

(NECN: Ashford, Conn.) - Eight-year-old Christopher Bizilj of Ashford, Connecticut, who died after accidentally shooting himself in the head while firing an Uzi submachine gun at a gun fair, is being remembered as a "budding outdoorsman" who "loved life."

His father, Dr. Charles Bizilj, spoke with NECN's Brian Burnell. He did not want to talk about what happened. He preferred to talk about the dynamo Christopher was.

"Christopher was a joy. Christopher was loved by all. He was funny, he was creative, he was an adventurer, always putting something together," said Dr. Bizilj. "For eight-years-old, this little fellow could ski the trees better than most."

"One of his great loves is camping and exploring and gold panning and hunting for mineral nuggets. He's really a very worldly kid and just a joy and a love," said his father.

"A budding outdoorsman...a Jack of all trades...really loved life," said Bizilj. "He will be sorely, sorely missed."

The boy lost control of the weapon while firing it Sunday at the Machine Gun Shoot and Firearms Expo at the Westfield Sportsman's Club in Westfield, Massachusetts. Police said Christopher was with a certified instructor, and they called the incident a "self-inflicted accidental shooting."

-------------------------
    http://www.courant.com/community/new...,7933566.story

Devin Connery of Lunenburg, Mass., right, shoots as his father, Sean, snaps a photograph during the Machine Gun Shoot and Firearms Expo in Westfield, Mass. An 8-year-old boy died after accidentally shooting himself in the head during the fair. (DAVID MOLNAR / THE SPRINGFIELD REPUBLICAN / October 26, 2008)
    Last edited by voivod; 10.27.08 at 12:21 PM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

With a condo at Sugarbush, VT, a house in Eastham, MA "Cape Cod", and a home at Duck Key, FL, obviously having money doesn't bring you parenting skills...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

This is sad, and it could have been prevented. But...

Thousands of kids do this each year, and after one kid dies, they're going to raise a fuss about it.

More kids probably die falling off of their bicycles each year than are accidentally killed by guns, but kids dying falling off of shit doesn't get much press. Not sensational enough for them I guess.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post

Thousands of kids do this each year, and after one kid dies, they're going to raise a fuss about it.

More kids probably die falling off of their bicycles each year than are accidentally killed by guns, but kids dying falling off of shit doesn't get much press. Not sensational enough for them I guess.
    Well, I can understand the reason why kids ride bicycles, but I'm coming up with a hard time figuring out why they need to fire machine guns.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post

I understand what you're saying Vike, but I can't imagine letting a kid that age shoot an Uzi. This isn't a .22 or a shotgun we're talking about here. Unless it's a big kid, they shouldn't be expected to be able to handle that much power.
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    Well, I can understand the reason why kids ride bicycles, but I'm coming up with a hard time figuring out why they need to fire machine guns.
    Amen. How 'bout just sticking to reading, 'riting and 'rithmatic until he's got those mastered?

And what ever dear old dad is a doctor of, I sure hope I never require his services. Obviously didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

An uzi, an 8 year old with an Uzi?

I don't know about the wisdom of that idea, most gun families usually keep it to a .22 Marlin or other small caliber long rifle until they're 10 or 11.

At least fold out the butt-stock so the kid had some support, unless that's what they did and it got away from him anyhow.

Anyway....dumb.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I own guns, I hunt. When I heard this story on the morning news I thought it was stupid and tragic.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    What a stupid, fucking tragic story. Everybody and anybody running that rally should be tried for manslaughter.
    Yes, tragic.

No, everyone at the show should not be charged with manslaughter.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    I own guns, I hunt. When I heard this story on the morning news I thought it was stupid and tragic.
    In my neck of the woods, a good chunk of the population are avid hunters.
    I'm not one of them, but i don't have a problem with it, except, nobody up here has ever needed to bring down a moose, elk, deer or whatever with an Uzi.

There is no sport/ game hunting that requires using an Uzi, and under no circumstances whatsoever should an 8 year old have access to that type of firepower.

***except perhaps renegade raccoon hunting.
    Last edited by Duke; 10.27.08 at 02:54 PM.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis