08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Default Human species 'may split in two'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6057734.stm

Human species 'may split in two'
    Different human sub-species predicted by Dr Oliver Curry
    Humanity may split into an elite and an underclass, says Dr Curry
    Humanity may split into two sub-species in 100,000 years' time as predicted by HG Wells, an expert has said.

Evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry of the London School of Economics expects a genetic upper class and a dim-witted underclass to emerge.

The human race would peak in the year 3000, he said - before a decline due to dependence on technology.

People would become choosier about their sexual partners, causing humanity to divide into sub-species, he added.

The descendants of the genetic upper class would be tall, slim, healthy, attractive, intelligent, and creative and a far cry from the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures.

Race 'ironed out'

But in the nearer future, humans will evolve in 1,000 years into giants between 6ft and 7ft tall, he predicts, while life-spans will have extended to 120 years, Dr Curry claims.

Physical appearance, driven by indicators of health, youth and fertility, will improve, he says, while men will exhibit symmetrical facial features, look athletic, and have squarer jaws, deeper voices and bigger penises.

Women, on the other hand, will develop lighter, smooth, hairless skin, large clear eyes, pert breasts, glossy hair, and even features, he adds. Racial differences will be ironed out by interbreeding, producing a uniform race of coffee-coloured people.

However, Dr Curry warns, in 10,000 years time humans may have paid a genetic price for relying on technology.

Spoiled by gadgets designed to meet their every need, they could come to resemble domesticated animals.

Receding chins

Social skills, such as communicating and interacting with others, could be lost, along with emotions such as love, sympathy, trust and respect. People would become less able to care for others, or perform in teams.

Physically, they would start to appear more juvenile. Chins would recede, as a result of having to chew less on processed food.

There could also be health problems caused by reliance on medicine, resulting in weak immune systems. Preventing deaths would also help to preserve the genetic defects that cause cancer.

Further into the future, sexual selection - being choosy about one's partner - was likely to create more and more genetic inequality, said Dr Curry.

The logical outcome would be two sub-species, "gracile" and "robust" humans similar to the Eloi and Morlocks foretold by HG Wells in his 1895 novel The Time Machine.

"While science and technology have the potential to create an ideal habitat for humanity over the next millennium, there is a possibility of a monumental genetic hangover over the subsequent millennia due to an over-reliance on technology reducing our natural capacity to resist disease, or our evolved ability to get along with each other, said Dr Curry.

He carried out the report for men's satellite TV channel Bravo.

I think this has already happened in my local boozer!!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I can swear there was an identical thread here couple of years ago.

The human race will not split any more than it already has. If you consider the birth of virgins, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Last Online

08.16.15 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterlessIceness View Post
    The human race will not split any more than it already has.
    Of course it will. It's an inevitability (that's assuming we're around long enough). It's just a matter of how long it will take and how large the division will be.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Interesting thoughts. The over-reliance on medicines piqued my interest since only recently I saw a short piece about future evolutionary trend predictions.

The idea in that piece was that humans had developed as far as they would in terms of "improvements". Since people are being kept alive "artificially" long by medicine and technology, so the piece said, there would be no need for further genetic changes in order for the race to improve it's chances of survival.

Personally I go for the "idiocracy" ideas - we are becoming almost specially stupid. Looking at recent poltical campaigns, we are pretty close.

"It's got what plants crave - It's got electrolytes"
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Wray View Post
    Of course it will. It's an inevitability (that's assuming we're around long enough). It's just a matter of how long it will take and how large the division will be.
    I'm not sure if you see my point.

"The descendants of the genetic upper class would be tall, slim, healthy, attractive, intelligent, and creative and a far cry from the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures."

First there'll never be a society made of "upper class/tall/attractive" blah blah. We saw it in the 30-ies, and the Aryan race idea didn't work. Upper class needs lower class - that's why you have so many illegals in the United States. And why we have so many Eastern Europeans here in Britain. More than that, upper class FIGHTS for the elimination of extremes of society classes. That's why Caesar (actually both Julius and Augustus) granted more rights to peasants. Why North fought South for termination of slavery. The "upper class" needs their toilets cleaned, lawns mowed and fast food served.

The other point is, the article assumes that in-bred population of low-end humans will spiral down to orcs and goblins, which is an utter nonsense. It's like suggesting that if you keep cutting one ear off of every new-born cow, eventually it would lead to a creation of one-eared species. Once again, I refer to the birth of virgins.
    Last edited by WinterlessIceness; 10.24.08 at 11:48 PM.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post

Personally I go for the "idiocracy" ideas - we are becoming almost specially stupid. Looking at recent poltical campaigns, we are pretty close.
    "Our" political campaigns are no different than political campaigns in Republican Rome. Nominates promise loads of rubbish to votes that they never fulfil. If we are to colonize other planets, that ain't gonna change either. One fraction decides to split from whoever's in charge (declare dictatorship on the given planet), the "federation" wages war on it, people are recruited, people are killed, the line between upper and lower class vanishes - repeat every 50-70 years.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

I think you're watching and reading a little too much sci-fi and fantasy there Mish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    I think you're watching and reading a little too much sci-fi and fantasy there Mish.
    Either that or he has some very good drugs floating round his brain. Come on winter, spill the beans - are you overdosing on LSD and star trek? Is this official "Battlefront-meth" weekend?
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    That whole thing is based on one of the sci-fi fathers Herbert Wells. One has just to read his War of the Worlds to know that he can't be more far off with his predictions. I do happen to know a fair amount of history though. Benefits of the classical education

Either that or he has some very good drugs floating round his brain. Come on winter, spill the beans - are you overdosing on LSD and star trek? Is this official "Battlefront-meth" weekend?
    Hardly. But if you know the slightest bit about sci-fi you'd know that model had been around since 30-ies of the last century. That's what Metropolis was all about - and we're meant to already be divided into upper/lower class bullshit. And the reason why some of you cling on the idea of the split is because you envision yourself as a part of the "attractive/supreme-race" class, coz that means you're above the "scum" humans, and it's kinda cool. Just like we already bash "white trailer trash" and "only in Florida" people.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's all a bunch of rubbish, the world's supposed to end in the year 2012 anyway according to the Mayans.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6057734.stm

Evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry of the London School of Economics expects a genetic upper class and a dim-witted underclass to emerge.

The human race would peak in the year 3000, he said - before a decline due to dependence on technology.
    The human race already peaked with the invention of the microwave oven. Naturally, this was offset by the rise of polyester clothing.

In any event, this prediction is howlingly inaccurate, as the dimwits have already emerged victorious. Go to a movie theater, restaurant or highway, you'll find them yacking loudly on cell-phones.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

08.16.15 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Winter, you're completely lost on this one. It has nothing to do with the Aryan race, illegal immigrants, Ceasar, slavery or fast food and lawn mowers. You're making a grave mistake by looking at this on a purely sociological level.

This is at the genetic level. Modern class warfare hasn't been around long enough to have even the most minute effect on our genetic makeup. It's a process of hundereds of thousands of years. The fact that I need someone to serve me my food at Burger King is irrelevant.

This article is pretty much dead-on about the human race peaking, and then regressing. It's just a matter of how long it will take to reach that peak. Our reliance on pharmaceuticals and technology will eventually cause our genes to start a regression, and the possibility of regressing to such a "goblin-like" state isn't exactly that far-fetched.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wray View Post
    ...It's just a matter of how long it will take to reach that peak. Our reliance on pharmaceuticals and technology will eventually cause our genes to start a regression, and the possibility of regressing to such a "goblin-like" state isn't exactly that far-fetched.
    So that leaves one of two possibilities...

"Captain Pike has an illusion, and you have reality. May you find your way as pleasant."

Or "500 quatloos on the newcomer!"

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 4,797 Times in 2,448 Posts

Premium Member

Its already split into two races. One prefers Dave and the other Sammy.

They both killed off the Gary splinter in 98

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ok, im waiting.
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.