Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default IMPORTANT!

some of you guys have kids, and you've probably caught wind of this, but i just got this from my aunt, who got it from a friend of hers who got it from school. i have the links, and i also pasted them for you guys to see. if you would like to have the name of the officer who sent it, PM me and i will give it. i'm pretty sure the officer would like to keep private as much as possible.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...r=HOME_2752266

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,271215,00.html

Subject: New drug in Schools...Please pass this on

This is a new drug known as 'strawberry quick '.
    There is a very scary thing going on in the schools right now that we all need to be aware of.

There is a type of crystal meth going around that looks like strawberry pop rocks (the candy that sizzles and 'pops' in your mouth). It also smells like strawberry and it is being handed out to kids in school yards. They are calling it strawberry meth or strawberry quick.

Kids are ingesting this thinking that it is candy and being rushed off to the hospital in dire condition. It also comes in chocolate, peanut butter, cola, cherry, grape and orange.

Please instruct your children not to accept candy from strangers and even not to accept candy that looks like this from a friend (who may have been given it and believed it is candy) and to take any that they may have to a teacher, principal, etc. Immediately.

Pass this email on to as many people as you can (even if they don't have kids) so that we can raise awareness and hopefully prevent any tragedies from occurring.

And for those who don’t want to type in the longer links at the top of the page:

CBS story---
    Candy-Flavored Meth Targets New Users
    "Strawberry Quick" Combines Meth With Sweet Kids Drink Mix
    LITTLE ROCK, May 2, 2007
    (AP) During an investigation last month, Arkansas police officers found a bundle of materials suspected of being used to cook methamphetamine in a trash can — but what gave them pause were the packets of a strawberry-flavored children's drink mix next to it.

From lollipops to high-sugar sodas, law enforcement officials say they've found meth cut with a variety of candies, drinks and other materials over the years. Officials say the "designer meth" can smooth the chemically rough ingestion of the drug, making it easier for first-time users to try.

"It's really a bitter substance ... so if you're going to try to make it more consumable for the masses, then you're going to want to try to take that edge off whichever way you can," said Chris Harrison, chief illicit laboratory chemist at the Arkansas lab.

"The drug cartels operate just like any other corporation would — if they want to increase their market share, then they're going to have to change something about it. This is just an evolution. They've saturated the heavy users, now they are moving onto some other people," he said.

The latest meth cut, known as "Strawberry Quick," uses powdered drink mix to give the drug a pink coloring. The sweetness of the powder can make meth more palatable and partially masks its harsh chemical taste.

The new cut has been the focus of several law enforcement bulletins in western states. While there have been several reported cases of police finding the cut in Arkansas, it is "not widespread," said William Bryant, assistant special agent in charge of the Drug Enforcement Agency's Little Rock district office.

"It's a different spin, like a marketing thing," Bryant said.

That marketing has taken a variety of forms for methamphetamine, found in powder and in a crystalized form similar to broken glass. Its low boiling point allows for it to easily be smoked or injected as a liquid into the bloodstream.

Because of its chemical properties, meth easily mixes into any water-based liquid. Caffeinated, high-sugar energy drinks and sodas often litter areas where meth cookers manufacture the drug, sometimes used as a chaser to the stimulant, Harrison said.

Outside of drinks, police also have seen meth mixed with a variety of candy, cola and chocolate flavors. Cutting it with something else also may help cutting down the burning sensation some have when snorting powdered meth, Harrison said. When snorted, he said meth can destroy a person's septum.

"You have some hard-core users that are prepared for the burn that methamphetamine will have," Harrison said. "Snorting it is supposed to be really hard on the nostrils."

Some meth cookers also have dyed meth different colors using a process similar to that used to make rock candy, though Harrison said it didn't help cover the taste.

"Strawberry Quick" came to prominence in January, after the Nevada Department of Public Safety issued a bulletin describing the type of meth there, said Steve Robertson, a Washington-based spokesman for the DEA. In the time since, Robertson says DEA agents have heard reports of flavored meth appearing in Missouri, Texas, Washington state and Wisconsin — though he stressed it was not a nationwide phenomenon.

"Traffickers are out there and are trying to sell it to customers, whether they are young customers or older, brand-new customers by changing the color or the taste or just giving it a less-intimidating name, they are trying to make it seem less dangerous and lure this new customer base," Robertson said. "If someone was completely terrified of trying it, it might diminish the threat."

The reports of flavored meth come as the DEA and local police department keep increased pressure on the drug's manufacturers. In 2005, the Arkansas Legislature required those purchasing over-the-counter medications that can be used to cook meth show identification and that the drugs be stored in a secure location. This year, the Legislature approved creating an electronic database to monitor sales of the medications.

Bryant says those crackdowns contributed the number of found methamphetamine labs in Arkansas dropping from 1,206 in 2004 to 446 last year. In the first quarter of this year, he said there have been only 56 labs found.

However, Harrison cautioned as the number of discovered labs has dropped, the amount of methamphetamine being seized by police has increased steadily. He said that could be coming from operations not being found by police, as well as meth coming into the state from the west coast and Mexico.

Rick Gallagher, assistant director of the state Crime Laboratory, said the drug remains one of the most abused in the state.

"It might vary from place to place like alcohol and marijuana, but you'd hear the word 'methamphetamine' a whole lot," Gallagher said.

By Jon Gambrell
    Last edited by avhevhmashdlr; 10.23.08 at 10:52 AM.
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you don’t have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Don’t forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

and the second links story:

The Fox Story----
    Marketing Drugs to Kids: From Cheese to Strawberry Quick
    By Maggie Lineback
    DALLAS, Texas — Something called “cheese” is killing kids. In August of 2005, no one had even heard of it — so much so, that when a school district police officer first saw a bag of this drug, he thought it was fake. Now officials realize cheese is all too real; at least 21 kids have died from overdosing on it.

Cheese is a combination of black tar heroin and crushed up Tylenol PM tablets and hits of it sell for a buck or two. Like any type of heroin, cheese is highly addictive and deadly. If that’s not enough to scare you, there’s this: drug pushers cooked it up special for kids.
    “Traditionally heroin is going to be an adult user drug,” says Dallas Independent School District Officer Jeremy Liebbe. “Black tar heroin is cooked on a spoon, mixed with liquid and injected. Meaning needles. Not many kids are wild about needles, so if you want to market heroin to kids you've got to come up with an alternative to it.”

And that’s exactly what drug dealers in the Dallas area have done — they’ve come up with a form that can be snorted and gave it a seemingly benign name: “cheese.” But cheese is just the start. Have you heard of “Strawberry Quick?” It’s not a kid’s drink — it’s a kid’s methamphetamine. Drug dealers mix meth with Kool-Aid in an attempt to make it look and taste better. And again, there’s the snappy name. While Strawberry Quick hasn’t made a big splash in Dallas, it is gaining ground in other parts of the country.
    The DEA says the whole act of marketing drugs to kids is a dangerous and relatively new trend.

“They're looking for a new consumer, ” says James Capra, the Special Agent In Charge of the DEA office in Dallas. “They've taken the tactic that advertising people have taken for years; you want to sell a product, you’ve got do a good marketing approach to it.”
    The anecdote for any slick marketing campaign is the truth. Cheese users, if they live, eventually escalate to needle use. And if they try to get off cheese, users have horrible physical and mental withdrawal symptoms. So of course it’s best never to start. As for meth, anyone who’s seen a meth addict, with their scabbed skin and rotting teeth, knows what a con “Strawberry Quick” is.

What can you do? Fernando Cortez is getting involved. He lost his 15-year-old son to cheese earlier this year. Cortez swears his son wasn’t a user and is haunted by what-ifs. What if he had done this versus that? Would his son still be alive? In the end, Cortez has had to put away those thoughts and channel his grief into something that could save lives. He goes to Dallas schools, speaking out about his painful experience and giving out his cell phone number to anyone who needs to talk. He urges parents to do the same — talk to their kids.

Drug experts add this advice: don’t bury your head in the sand. If your child’s grades drop, he loses interest in the activities he once loved, if he changes friends, if he starts to have trouble at school … all of these are warning signs that need to be acted upon immediately. With drug dealers stepping up their efforts to target your kids, police and drug counselors say we should all make as much of an effort to keep them safe.
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you don’t have any clothes on," the deputy said.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

God! I'm sick! That is so terrible. At my kids' school, they are only allowed to have candy or snacks at snack time, and all the parents chip in to provide the snacks, or they can get something out of the vending machines.

Thanks, I'm sending this to the school right now.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Friend of mine mentioned something about this last week. Just plain makes me want to drag these folks out by their hair right before they get a few loads of 00 in their heads.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmie5150 View Post
    God! I'm sick! That is so terrible. At my kids' school, they are only allowed to have candy or snacks at snack time, and all the parents chip in to provide the snacks, or they can get something out of the vending machines.

Thanks, I'm sending this to the school right now.
    youre welcome! anything to keep kiddies safe....

when i was in kindergarten, we never had candy (unless it was around halloween, birthdays, othe various occasions) we always had a healthy alternative like veggies, and anything other than candy. then there was naptime....

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Well that is scary. Hope none of this makes it into trick or treat bags.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:42 AM
    Liked 281 Times in 135 Posts

Sings like a bird. Rocks like a pig.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

06.08.17 @ 10:06 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by smithjc View Post
    Thanks for the panic attack

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spanked55 View Post
    ok, so it may not be a kiddie thing, and an old story, and somewhat flase, but can still be dangerous to the kiddies, if they happen to get their hands on it. it is around the time of the year (halloween) for these meth heads to go around to the pubic during halloween and give something like this out to the unsuspecting children or adults.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smithjc View Post
    Well, with Halloween coming, you can surely expect to see more "news" stories like this being produced...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

It's time to panic. Call all of your friends and neighbors. Call your kids' schools. Tell them that you just saw a year and a half old news story, and you're in a panic.

They'll get you some help.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

I see you've been to charm school again Mike!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I know that it is probebly being overhyped, but the possibility still exists. Keeping the knowledge out there is good, as there are probably some parents out there that need to be knocked up side the head to get the info in their heads.

When growing up and trick-or-treating in the early 70's, the news was rampant with people handing out acid disquised as candy, or also known as "acid strips." Well, two years in a row, we all got them in our candy sacks. we may have been the minority, but it did happen to us.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

never underestimate the fuckedupedness of people

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    I know that it is probebly being overhyped, but the possibility still exists. Keeping the knowledge out there is good, as there are probably some parents out there that need to be knocked up side the head to get the info in their heads.
    which is exactly why i am printing a work- friendly edition for my job at a supermarket, just so people know.

and i got this crap in my bag two years ago, so it kinda freaks me out.
    Last edited by avhevhmashdlr; 10.23.08 at 02:16 PM.