Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default HOW DOES HE GET THIS TONE!?!?!

Is it a piezo system? Is it careful neck-pickup EQ'ing?

Is it running directly into the Eventide Harmonizer and then through the poweramp? (in otherwords, no 5150).

???????

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 724 Times in 341 Posts

I've got the answer, and it is available for a limited time only. Contact me for ordering information.

"Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

That Wolfie definitely has a piezo built into the bridge. Notice there's two volume knobs (most likely one for the magnetic pickups and one for the piezo).

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 PM
    Liked 728 Times in 293 Posts

That Wolfie also has a "String-through-Body" bridge.... I wish mine had that...
    https://www.reverbnation.com/kingslevel1
    https://twitter.com/kingslevel1
    New EP "Awakening" out on Amazon, Spotify, Google, iTunes 122117

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nobozos View Post
    I've got the answer, and it is available for a limited time only. Contact me for ordering information.

How much?

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    That Wolfie definitely has a piezo built into the bridge. Notice there's two volume knobs (most likely one for the magnetic pickups and one for the piezo).
    Ok, that is what I was thinking too AT. Also, I think I can see a second jack on the bottom of the guitar -- maybe one for pickups, one for piezo...

I am going to do some experimenting with the old crap-o-caster and see if I can cop that kind of sound with an acoustic piezo system transplanted into it. And then run the guitar right into my rack effects -- meaning I would bypass the 5150 entirely and run straight into my Detune unit (where Ed's Eventide Harmonizer would be). From there it would be pure clean effects out to a stereo poweramp. That kind of sounds like what Ed was doing here, so I'll report back if I find anything 'magical'.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    Ok, that is what I was thinking too AT. Also, I think I can see a second jack on the bottom of the guitar -- maybe one for pickups, one for piezo...

I am going to do some experimenting with the old crap-o-caster and see if I can cop that kind of sound with an acoustic piezo system transplanted into it. And then run the guitar right into my rack effects -- meaning I would bypass the 5150 entirely and run straight into my Detune unit (where Ed's Eventide Harmonizer would be). From there it would be pure clean effects out to a stereo poweramp. That kind of sounds like what Ed was doing here, so I'll report back if I find anything 'magical'.
    Cool... I missed the second jack. But, yeah, one is for the magnetics and one is for the piezo.

I'm currently building another Strat with a very similar configuration. It's got HSS pickups and an LR Baggs X-Bridge w/ piezo. There's two separate outputs, one for the magnetics and another for the piezo, and two separate volume knobs for each. Flip a switch and the second jack becomes a "blend" output with both magnetics and piezo going out to it.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:13 AM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

Piezo's sound best when run directly into a full range speaker (a la a PA system). My pedalboard has a box built in that splits the piezo signal, and sends it directly to the PA, while the magnetic signal goes thru the pedals into the amp. Dave Friedman at Racksystems designed the board.
    www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I know he had at least one Wolfie with the piezo, but if memory serves he also had one with one of those of those Pro Mag pickups. ( think thats what their called.) They fit into the last fret of the neck flush, and sound much more natural. Those new Epi Ultra II Pauls have them too and they sound real good. Plus you can use any kind of bridge with them, Trem or or standard. On a side note, I'm so glad he's abandoned the Sustainer. It can be real cool, but man did he abuse that thing. It sounds horible with a high gain amp too. At least with the settings he was using.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post
    I know he had at least one Wolfie with the piezo, but if memory serves he also had one with one of those of those Pro Mag pickups. ( think thats what their called.) They fit into the last fret of the neck flush, and sound much more natural. Those new Epi Ultra II Pauls have them too and they sound real good. Plus you can use any kind of bridge with them, Trem or or standard. On a side note, I'm so glad he's abandoned the Sustainer. It can be real cool, but man did he abuse that thing. It sounds horible with a high gain amp too. At least with the settings he was using.
    He had an EBMM and later a Wolfgang with a piezo for "Can't Stop Lovin' You" during the Balance tour.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ah yes, I just pulled up my copy of Molson Center 1995 and sure enough it looks like he is using the same guitar he did on the above recording of Josephina on the Balance tour for C.S.L.U.

Hey, anyone have an idea on Piezo pickup placement on a solid body guitar? I am using an acoustic unit -- not an integrated bridge. I was thinking I'd just stick the piezo right in front of the Floyd Rose under the pickguard (it is a strat). Or maybe if the wood inbetween mellows it out too much, I'll rest the floyd rose right on it!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EJC View Post
    That Wolfie also has a "String-through-Body" bridge.... I wish mine had that...
    I remember the Oct 95 guitar world had pics of 3 prototype wolfs. One of them had the string through just like that.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 04:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    Ah yes, I just pulled up my copy of Molson Center 1995 and sure enough it looks like he is using the same guitar he did on the above recording of Josephina on the Balance tour for C.S.L.U.

Hey, anyone have an idea on Piezo pickup placement on a solid body guitar? I am using an acoustic unit -- not an integrated bridge. I was thinking I'd just stick the piezo right in front of the Floyd Rose under the pickguard (it is a strat). Or maybe if the wood inbetween mellows it out too much, I'll rest the floyd rose right on it!
    Maybe in the neck area. Try all three places. You have nothing to lose but time...

What are you going to use? There is a company who makes piezos in a wire form. I have to look through my bookmarks to find it...
    Dammit!!! I still smell like cotton candy!!!

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 724 Times in 341 Posts

"Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.